Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2018, 04:24 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Human nature is that of anarchy. Fact.
Wait, maybe I see our disconnect. Are you using anarchy as some politically defined word? I’m using it as a dictionary definition which is synonymous with nihilism and chaos.
That is not in human nature and I would point to ten thousand years plus of refinement of civilization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 04:29 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Or you could have a sliver of compassion for the grieving family looking for justice. Even if their method or justification are wrong.

Give me a very large break. Heaping foul-mouthed abuse on, among others, some poor guy trying to get from point A to B because he's from North Carolina? Telling him to go back there, and accusing him of being a KKK member? That's" looking for justice?"

Newsflash: It's NOT. And it's people like you, who embolden these freaks.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:40 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Or you could have a sliver of compassion for the grieving family looking for justice. Even if their method or justification are wrong.
The grieving family was harrassing people in their cars and jumping in front of vehicles, hitting cars?

Old 10-09-2018, 04:50 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Quote:
Well, he is. Just look at the cliches and talking points he/she uses: "Somalia," "Strongmen," "Bad Actors;" it's straight out of the leftist/Alinsky playbook.
I only mentioned Somalia because it has no functional government. I know what you said, but there is no centralized government. Its a GINO - Government in Name Only. The country is ruled entirely by warlords and their personal regional or locat fiat, enforced by extreme personal violence, without any formalized and consistent system of the administration of justice.

As for "strongmen" I never used that term. Bad Actors generally means anyone who won't behave according to social norms and mores. Often it implies a wide variety of criminal conduct, but hey, in Anarchy Land, there isn't any such analogue anyway, since natural law is only concerned with overt and immediate violations of personal property rights and has nearly no nuance to it.

Quote:
This right here.

It's so cathartic to call out right-statists on their hypocrisy.
I'm actually a Libertarian - a real one though - not a fake one, hiding behind the label while actually being an Anarchist. Authentic Libertarians are Minarchists. We believe in limited government - you might know it as the Night Watchman State. But that's the government prescribed by the Constitution, and so that's what I am.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:52 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
No. Once you resort to screwing up traffic and threatening to beat people, any sympathy most people had for you flies right out the window.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Naw. What we are seeing is the result of the indoctrination and brainwashing that has been going on in our school systems. I also bet they are high on something too, some form of crack that gets them even more agitated.
That isn't it...they're just stupid, young, and violent. This is what that combo produces.

Its the useless segment of society.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:11 PM

5,957 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Quote:
I have given out enough compassion in my life.how about the elderly guy in the car who was attacked ,Oh that right he was an old white man.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Naw. What we are seeing is the result of the indoctrination and brainwashing that has been going on in our school systems. I also bet they are high on something too, some form of crack that gets them even more agitated.
LOL, yeah, it could be they're all graduates of Evergreen. And I agree, they do act like they're on something.

What kind of protest against the police involves telling fellow citizens where they can and cannot drive and threatening them on top of it?

Old 10-09-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No. Once you resort to screwing up traffic and threatening to beat people, any sympathy most people had for you flies right out the window.
Yah, you're not going to get justice in the street by harassing people....what kind of mental defective thinks that way?

These are violent people trying to hurt others and they need to be dealt with harshly. I don't give a crap if they feel disenfranchised or whatever their complaint is, because it in no way justifies their criminal actions. In a civilized society we don't riot. We don't deface and take over the commons when we're upset. There are civilized and lawful ways to show you are not happy with the government's actions and terrorizing the public is NOT one of them and will NOT be tolerated.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:25 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,042 times
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Democrat base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies