Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 10:59 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times

Advertisements

Kanye West to dine with Trump at the White House

Speaking of dumb and dumber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 02:47 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,341,464 times
Kanye is more of a libertarian. He's wacko like most famous musicians but the dude is a genius. He wants to support the pres fine by me. Pisses off the Demwits and the sissy NeverTrump cons who think blacks should roll a certain way. Good.

Oh and for you people on here crying about this, spare me your fake outrage. Bubba Bill had oral sex in that same room, yet you whine about cussing in the Oval Office as disgraceful? Are you kidding me?

Old 10-12-2018, 07:43 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
They also don’t bash Kanye West for talking to Donald Trump.

Anyone who bashes their own community for talking to Donald Trump is clearly a political hypocrite, intolerant of blacks who choose conservatism.
You realize nobody cares if Kanye TALKS to Donald Trump, right?

Plenty of people do actually speak to him.

It was what Kanye said that people found so alarming.

iPlane?
Repeal the 13th?
Never had a father? (A lie, btw)
Superman?
Chicago has the highest crime rate in the world? (Not even the highest in the US)

And...his phone passcode is all zeroes.

He just likes to hear himself talk and he’s off his medication.

If this was a Trump/Carson meeting, people would just nod and go about their day. Because, Jesus portrait aside, Carson doesn’t sound like a mental patient in a manic cycle with no meds.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
What thread are you in?

This thread is full of black people insulting their own people (Kanye West) for talking to Donald Trump

We’ve already established that many blacks are conservative in this country. So why are you insulting Kanye West?

What about Ben Carson, he’s a world renowned neurosurgeon from poverty, is he “mental” too? Does he need to go back on his meds?
You realize black folks don’t have to embrace ALL black folks, right?

I’m white and I sure don’t embrace crazy white people. I mean, I’ll help a person that wants help, but Kanye does not want help or he’d have it.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:48 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
They also don’t bash Kanye West for talking to Donald Trump.

Anyone who bashes their own community for talking to Donald Trump is clearly a political hypocrite, intolerant of blacks who choose conservatism.
If Kanye (who I doubt represents any community) was 'talking' to Trump, could you please translate what it is he said? I literally could not understand any of Kanye's rant. And the guy seems to rant a whole lot more than talk. But, on the other hand, so does Trump.

I'm thinking they just ranted at each other.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:48 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
here's his quote:

"It’s called the Yeezy effect. I went to Casper, we had a meeting in Chicago. I said, you have to bring manufacturing onshore. Not even shore, into the core. It’s not about the borders, the core of Adidas and Chicago is the core of Middle America and we have to make Middle America strong. So I had the balls. Because I had the balls to put on this hat, this Adidas thing made me a billionaire. I could have lost 200 million dollars walking away from that deal. But I knew it was more important for me to take the chance of walking away from that deal than to have no fathers in Chicago with no homes and when we do have prison reformation — and it’s habilitation, not rehabilitation, — because we had no abilities in the first place,..."

Kanye West Trump White House Conference: Read the Transcript | Time

that is neither comprehensive or reasonable.
My last post on this topic:

tuesday CNN host Don Lemon led a panel that mocked West and all during the segment Don Lemon laughed.

"Kanye West is what happens when Negroes don’t read," CNN’s Bakari Sellers said.

CNN’s Tara Setmayer declared West to be "the token Negro of the Trump administration," adding that "no one should be taking Kanye West seriously" because "he clearly has issues, he’s already been hospitalized."

on Thursday, CNN host S.E. Cupp suggested that West was mentally ill: "That was really sad. I think you had there a man who's clearly not okay, and a president who's willing...to exploit that."

later on CNN Thursday evening, lemon called West's appearance a "Minstrel show," and then using West's deceased mother to attack him, saying he was an embarrassment to the black community and that his "mother is rolling over in her grave."

You decide which remarks are "reasonable".

My point isn't what Kanye said, as I don't care what he thinks. His opinion on anything is irrelevant to me.

My criticism is the leftist media and other leftists who have denigrated him personally and dismissed his opinions as serious or worthy of discussion by weaponizing his past medical history, calling him mentally ill, labeling him a traitor to his race and stupid. the few twitter responses I read, and even here on CD, have been even more vicious towards Kanye.

again, I find the Left's response grotesque and I believe they will get a serious blowback because of it.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-12-2018 at 08:00 AM..

Old 10-12-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Wow, I am so impressed by Kanye West after watching the (surprisingly uncensored by NBC) full meeting in the Oval Office. This man has common sense, love for his own community, great ideas and a kind heart. Maybe I spend too much time with creative people, but Kanye didn't come off as crazy like the opposition media portrays him. He just didn't act the way they wanted him to. He didn't follow the Dem script.

He said his brain was tested by some neurologist or psychologist who works with athletes and it's in the 98th percentile, similar to Einstein and Tesla! He was misdiagnosed as bipolar. His strange behavior before was due to sleep deprivation which, he was told, could lead to dementia in ten or twenty years. That is a problem for most people today, not enough sleep. I thought he said something about the Casper mattress company, maybe in relation to that, sounds like he wants them to bring their factory to Chicago.

The three of them, Trump, Kanye and Jim Brown all have great affection and respect for each other. I think finally Chicago will do something for their own people thanks to Kanye's intervention.

To repeat, Kanye is not stupid and not crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLmQ57mEGFs
Having an IQ in the 130s does not an Einstein or Tesla make.

Hell, mine’s higher than his (by a good amount) and I never really talk about it because IQ is only relevant when a person is struggling, not when they’re to the right of the bell curve.

He thinks way too much of himself and if you think what he said was impressive, I’ll recommend some reading material.

A good history book would be an excellent start. As would any biographical info on Kanye and his family.

And US crime statistics.

And the DSM entries for bipolar disorder.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:55 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
It was a train wreck. Ka ye needs to adjust his meds.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
here's the exact quote:

"I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I was connected with a neuropsychologist that works with the athletes in the NBA and the NFL. And he looked at my brain, it’s equal on three parts, I’m gonna go ahead and drop some bombs for you. 98th percentile IQ test. I had a 75 percentile of all human beings counting eight numbers backwards, so I’m gonna work on that one. The other ones, 98 percent, Tesla, Freud. He said I wasn’t actually bipolar; I had sleep deprivation, which could cause dementia 10 to 20 years from now where I wouldn’t even remember my son’s name. So all this power I get, and I’m taking my son to the Sox game and all that, I wouldn’t even be able to remember his name from a misdiagnosis. What I’m saying is, we can empower the pharmaceuticals and make more money. That’s one thing, I’ve never stepped into a situation where I didn’t make more money. So we can empower pharmaceuticals, we can empower our factories, we can bring not only Adidas onshore but FoxCon."

Kanye West Trump White House Conference: Read the Transcript | Time

that's convoluted gibberish.
I’m concerned that he cannot count backwards.

Head injury?

Also... bipolar people in a manic phase are frequently sleep deprived.

I’m gonna guess Kanye heard “sleep deprived” and assumed it meant “not bipolar.”

Because Kanye does not want to take his meds.

Also, bipolar disease, untreated, CAN lead to a higher incidence of dementia later in life.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Kanye is more of a libertarian. He's wacko like most famous musicians but the dude is a genius. He wants to support the pres fine by me. Pisses off the Demwits and the sissy NeverTrump cons who think blacks should roll a certain way. Good.

Oh and for you people on here crying about this, spare me your fake outrage. Bubba Bill had oral sex in that same room, yet you whine about cussing in the Oval Office as disgraceful? Are you kidding me?
Kanye doesn’t vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies