Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 09:00 AM

10,747 posts, read 4,342,219 times

Advertisements

Tucker Carlson-
"A poll by PBS last week found that Trump's approval rating with Hispanic voters is 41%. That's higher than it is with college educated White voters. If anything like that ever happened among African American voters then the game would be over. So that can't happen.....Kanye West must be destroyed."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 09:13 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Kanye's ramblings reminded me of Jaden Smith's and Shia Labouef's incoherent comments about things they thought were profound but were... just nuts. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5pESPQpXxE

Old 10-12-2018, 09:17 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Poor Kanye. He needs help.

His meeting with Trump yesterday was a disaster.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Poor Kanye. He needs help.

His meeting with Trump yesterday was a disaster.
Only a disaster for CNN and ultimately a disaster for Democrats.
I mean who do Black voters trust more, Don Lemon or the 21-time grammy winner Kanye West?
West wasn't just showing love for Trump, he was critiquing Trump too, when he said Black folks prefer "Great America Great" instead of "Again", and when he told Trump that Stop And Frisk was a bad idea....
Despite his love for Trump, he doesn't sound like a Trump groupie, he sounds like an unbiased observer.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:24 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I mean who do Black voters trust more, Don Lemon or the 21-time grammy winner Kanye West?

did you watch the video or read the transcript? it's not rational.

or do you believe the key to bringing manufacturing jobs back to the US is abolishing the 13th amendment?

Old 10-12-2018, 09:25 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Only a disaster for CNN and ultimately a disaster for Democrats.
West wasn't just showing love for Trump, he was critiquing Trump too, when he said Black folks prefer "Great America Great" instead of "Again", and when he told Trump that Stop And Frisk was a bad idea....
I feel safe assuming that you are probably not very much in tune with what Black America feels and is thinking, but take my word for it that most African Americans in this country are disappointed and frustrated with Kanye.

And Donald Trump is simply exploiting him. "Look at my African American over there! The blacks LOVE me!"

Old 10-12-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I feel safe assuming that you are probably not very much in tune with what Black America feels and is thinking, but take my word for it that most African Americans in this country are disappointed and frustrated with Kanye.

And Donald Trump is simply exploiting him. "Look at my African American over there! The blacks LOVE me!"
Politicians exploit all races, because they are trying to win elections by winning the support of everybody.
Democrats are exploiting Blacks and Hispanics.
Republicans are exploiting Whites and maybe you could argue Blacks but if Kanye is your only example then I disagree.
And Trump doesn't need most Black Americans to vote for him, he just needs a little bit more and it'll be impossible for Democrats to win the midterms as they rely on the Black vote a lot more than Republicans do.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:47 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,401,567 times
How overtly sick does Kanye need to be for his fan’s concerns to be legitimized? Would he need to take a similar path as Anna Nicole Smith who essentially died in spirit when her son overdosed, then followed suit?

The fact that people are stupid enough to believe the buck for Blacks starts and stops with his support for Donald Trump is a myopic slap in the face.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
How overtly sick does Kanye need to be for his fan’s concerns to be legitimized? Would he need to take a similar path as Anna Nicole Smith who essentially died in spirit when her son overdosed, then followed suit?

The fact that people are stupid enough to believe the ball starts and stops with his support for Donald Trump is a myopic slap in the face.
This wasn't just about Kanye getting votes for Trump, its clearly an exchange of ideas.
In that meeting, Kanye was critiquing Trump, not just praising him.

Kanye told Trump why he doesn't support Stop And Frisk, and he even told Trump that Black people don't like MAGA because they don't like the idea of America being great "Again" - because obviously in the past there was always things about America that Black people never liked.

When you read a transcript of what West said, he is a very clear-thinking personality, that you often won't see from Democrat fanboys.
Robert De Niro sounds mentally unfit, for example, and prone to violence.
Kanye was very articulate in denouncing Hillary (when he said the "I'm With Her" slogan wasn't inclusive), not threatening violence against her.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:10 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Kanye told Trump he doesn't like Stop and Frisk because Kanye was told by Chicago community leaders they don't like the policy. These leaders have been very vocal and Trump may listen to Kanye but not them??????.? And so many wonder about celebrities speaking out. Lol..ridiculously funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies