Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 09:00 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
I don't know about others, but NO, I will not give up one scintilla of lifestyle in homage to "climate change". If the climate warms, so be it, deal with it. Your list is, and will forever remain, at epic fail. In fact, since the weather might warm, I'm having a second AC installed, as well as a diesel generator.
Nailed it. I’m not giving up one luxury or quality of life standard for climate change.

So long as we have clowns driving massive luxury pickup trucks a dime a dozen, I’m going to enjoy my sports car right a long with them.

Sorry liberals, the world’s climate will be here long after we’re all gone. It will be just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 09:03 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
The earth has witnessed much much worse than humans over 4.6 billion years, and survived...in fact....thrived. This man-made climate change is a hoax meant to fool the naive and redistribute wealth. I say it fooled a lot of people .
I wouldn’t call it a hoax but the solution (downgrade your lifestyle, vote for stupid legislation) is certainly a hoax to give bureaucrats more power.

Politicians like Al Gore will gladly tell you to drive a bike while they ride in their Cadillac Escalade.

Nice try liberals.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:20 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Just think if The Don. had signed off on the Climate Change Accord ,the Fla. Panhandle would not have had a hurricane . and the Red Tied on the Fla.East coast would have never been .sarcasm .

Old 10-11-2018, 09:54 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Those who think human beings, who have been around for 25,000 years, and have been industrialized for less than 300, can somehow "change" the climate of a 5 billion year-old planet are seriously challenged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c
His best bit.

I've stole it a billion times. So true.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:23 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Trump just signed some save the Seas act. Bottom line is this. The United States has lowered carbon emissions greatly in the past 10 years at great expense. An expense that has been passed along to the North American consumer. Carbon emissions are at historic lows in the United States. The problem has been other countries, China, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Dubai just to name a few that continue to pollute at record numbers. Saudi and Dubai don't even have any type of EPA agency whats so ever. The permanent damage they did to the Sea and their eco-system when they dredged billions of cubic feet to create Palm Jumeirah, as well as other islands, is inconceivable. What can Trump do about that? We can scold them. We can hold back money, sanctions, tariffs etc... At the end of the day, each country is responsible for themselves. That's why the Paris accords were a joke and Trump was correct to pull out. We shoulder 90% of the burden while the rest of the world does what it wants and make minimal changes that they aren't even required to undertake today. Enough of the play now pay later mentality. These countries need to take responsibility for the way they pollute today.

Oh, and by the way. The volcano in Hawaii that has been erupting for months that started in May, the one the media just forgot about because they couldn't figure out a way how to blame Trump for it? Well, that eurruption is just ending now and, has added more carbon to the atmosphere than anything humans will contribute in the next 1000 years. That ash will also cool the planet by a half degree. So get your heavy coats out people. Winters coming and it's going to be a cold one. Brrrrrrrr.

Last edited by LGR_NYR; 10-11-2018 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 10-11-2018, 10:50 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
President Trump is too smart to mess around with something that doesn't exist. He's doing actual work with things and people that do.
Ham, so that is what you call political rallies!

Old 10-11-2018, 10:54 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Trump just signed some save the Seas act. Bottom line is this. The United States has lowered carbon emissions greatly in the past 10 years at great expense. An expense that has been passed along to the North American consumer. Carbon emissions are at historic lows in the United States. The problem has been other countries, China, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Dubai just to name a few that continue to pollute at record numbers. Saudi and Dubai don't even have any type of EPA agency whats so ever. The permanent damage they did to the Sea and their eco-system when they dredged billions of cubic feet to create Palm Jumeirah, as well as other islands, is inconceivable. What can Trump do about that? We can scold them. We can hold back money, sanctions, tariffs etc... At the end of the day, each country is responsible for themselves. That's why the Paris accords were a joke and Trump was correct to pull out. We shoulder 90% of the burden while the rest of the world does what it wants and make minimal changes that they aren't even required to undertake today. Enough of the play now pay later mentality. These countries need to take responsibility for the way they pollute today.

Oh, and by the way. The volcano in Hawaii that has been erupting for months that started in May, the one the media just forgot about because they couldn't figure out a way how to blame Trump for it? Well, that eurruption is just ending now and, has added more carbon to the atmosphere than anything humans will contribute in the next 1000 years. That ash will also cool the planet by a half degree. So get your heavy coats out people. Winters coming and it's going to be a cold one. Brrrrrrrr.
Please share with us your proof of a single volcano adding more carbon than all of civilization.
Note that those greatly lowered carbon emissions are because a strong EPA during athe past administration.
I suspect we won’t be able to brag about continued lower carbon admissions in a few short years.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:12 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Please share with us your proof of a single volcano adding more carbon than all of civilization.
Note that those greatly lowered carbon emissions are because a strong EPA during athe past administration.
I suspect we won’t be able to brag about continued lower carbon admissions in a few short years.
Give me a break! 170 years of carbon thrust into the air and Obama administation stoped it in eight..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies