Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 03:46 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,050,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
How is the news biased? Provide specific factual examples of biased reports by the news.
Go to the Los Angeles Times website as an example. There are so many recurring themes on the headlines such as :

1. Trump is bad
2. Kamala Harris is good
3. A story of an "undocumented" immigrant trying to realize the American Dream
4. Why LA should defy federal immigration laws as a sanctuary city
5. Mike Pence is bad
6. Why LA needs rent control
7. Why Christine Ford is a hero and why Kavanaugh is not fit for the job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 07:38 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Because the media has failed in it's responsibility to produce unbiased reporting, they are at war with the American People. They are actively poisoning the American People.

The Media has always given more reporting to bad news or disasters. Stories always have an angle. Just because that angle might be critical or sensationalistic doesn't make it wrong.

BTW - Fox news (who religiously supports Trump) has been consistently rated as the most biased media outlet. So who is being poisoned the most ?

Old 10-13-2018, 11:23 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishac View Post
Go to the Los Angeles Times website as an example. There are so many recurring themes on the headlines such as :

1. Trump is bad
2. Kamala Harris is good
3. A story of an "undocumented" immigrant trying to realize the American Dream
4. Why LA should defy federal immigration laws as a sanctuary city
5. Mike Pence is bad
6. Why LA needs rent control
7. Why Christine Ford is a hero and why Kavanaugh is not fit for the job
You mean opinion pieces? Now, do you or anyone else on here have specific factual examples of the NEWS reporting BIASED news?

Old 10-13-2018, 11:40 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times
Anybody with even two functioning brain cells knows they are not "the media" anymore. They are just leftist propaganda groups masquerading as the news.
I have more stories about tangling with the leftist media than I could begin to tell you. I know them VERY well. (If you'd care to know who the ONE national media figure........out of the many that I have talked with about their bias, who was fair and truly wanted to dialogue.....just ask me).

Old 10-13-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Anybody with even two functioning brain cells knows they are not "the media" anymore. They are just leftist propaganda groups masquerading as the news.
I have more stories about tangling with the leftist media than I could begin to tell you. I know them VERY well. (If you'd care to know who the ONE national media figure........out of the many that I have talked with about their bias, who was fair and truly wanted to dialogue.....just ask me).
I ask again: provide specific & factual examples of the NEWS biased reporting of the NEWS. Not pundits, not opinion pieces, the NEWS.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:49 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
The Media has always given more reporting to bad news or disasters. Stories always have an angle. Just because that angle might be critical or sensationalistic doesn't make it wrong.
Except the "angle" is typically promoting a left wing agenda. Like with hurricanes, it often comes back to man made climate change as the cause for bad weather.

Quote:
BTW - Fox news (who religiously supports Trump) has been consistently rated as the most biased media outlet. So who is being poisoned the most ?
Who has consistently rated Fox News the most biased? I am sure whomever said that has a bias themselves as Fox is the most balanced of the cable, and big three networks.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:54 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quU_Tbv96Wk As Minka says its their job to tell the people what to think!!! Yes there is a war with the media and the American public. If you cant see it then you are in denial or blind!

Old 10-13-2018, 02:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Trump is at war with the media--it is a tactic ambitious dictators use. He admitted as much on 60 Minutes. He does not want people to believe the truth. That is a fact. Trump is at war with over half of the American people and it is disgusting. The minority for whom he governs are being played like a fiddle.

"He said, 'You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so when you write negative stories about me, no one will believe you.' He said that," Stahl told the audience, adding, "So, put that in your head for a minute."

Old 10-13-2018, 02:02 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I ask again: provide specific & factual examples of the NEWS biased reporting of the NEWS. Not pundits, not opinion pieces, the NEWS.
I took the time (quite a few hours) to go through back issues of my local newspaper a few years ago. Three months worth..........so almost 90 editions. Every single page.
Broke down the news (NEWS) articles by subject matter, and then broke each subject into three categories: liberal slant, conservative slant, no slant. And I tried to be more than fair doing that.........if was questionable, I didn't put it in the liberal slant box. (I'm a conservative, so I wanted to be fair about this).

Then I went to the next "public forum" held by the newspaper. I think they had them monthly or quarterly. You can go in and bring up points about the paper. Every other time I went in, I complained about their systemic bias, while also giving the most egregious recent examples. Yawns. Dismissed out of hand. "You don't understand".

So this time I wanted to do something different. I briefly described what I had done, then laid out the numbers. Every one of the seven or eight main subject matters was ridiculously lopsided. We are talking 10 or 20 articles leaning left for every one leaning right.

Crickets. Absolute crickets.........Nobody would even say anything! lol
They just said, "next!"

So that went absolutely nowhere.

What's the ONLY subject matter that the mainstream media will absolutely NEVER touch, not with a hundred-foot pole? (Despite being an important issue)??

Media bias.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump is at war with the media--it is a tactic ambitious dictators use. He admitted as much on 60 Minutes. He does not want people to believe the truth. That is a fact. Trump is at war with over half of the American people and it is disgusting. The minority for whom he governs are being played like a fiddle.

"He said, 'You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so when you write negative stories about me, no one will believe you.' He said that," Stahl told the audience, adding, "So, put that in your head for a minute."

Cons are too stupid to realize it. Even when the blowhard says that in front of their faces, they claim it's untrue.

Notice how no one can provide factual examples of biased news reporting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies