Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 04:32 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I hope the boy recovers substantial monetary damages from the parents of these girls. The girls should be charged with filing a false police report and at least spend some time in jail.

The school should force these students on stage at a school assembly to publicly admit to their crime and apologize to the student AND apologize to the entire student body for the false claims.
Agree. I would add that those who falsely accuse should suffer the same jail term that the accused would have served.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 04:38 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Agree. I would add that those who falsely accuse should suffer the same jail term that the accused would have served.
If you actually care about justice that is idiocy.

For people who are falsely accused, it ensures no one would ever recant. That means this young man would still be faced with these issues as the only reason the second set of charges were dropped were because the girls recanted. Which, btw, is how most false accusations are proven.

And while I suspect you don’t care in the slightest about sexual assault victims, some of us do, and such a penalty would guarantee that many if not most of them would stop reporting legitimate crimes, as the conviction rate of those crimes is already woefully low, and now you are telling assault survivors that they may go to jail if no conviction is turned in. Nice guy there aren’t ya?

Old 10-10-2018, 06:10 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
If you actually care about justice that is idiocy.

For people who are falsely accused, it ensures no one would ever recant. That means this young man would still be faced with these issues as the only reason the second set of charges were dropped were because the girls recanted. Which, btw, is how most false accusations are proven.

And while I suspect you don’t care in the slightest about sexual assault victims, some of us do, and such a penalty would guarantee that many if not most of them would stop reporting legitimate crimes, as the conviction rate of those crimes is already woefully low, and now you are telling assault survivors that they may go to jail if no conviction is turned in. Nice guy there aren’t ya?
No, that's not what they are saying, that is your biased imagination saying those things. The poster is saying if it is PROVEN that they made up the allegations they should get the same sentence and I support that 100%.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:16 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Because some do, DOES NOT mean all do.

Stop generalizing.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:15 AM

1,316 posts, read 748,511 times
I just don't understand how you rationalize conflating women who make false accusations and actual victims of sexual assault. That's so sick & wrong. Both are bad, both are wrong. Stop making one contingent on the other.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:20 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
Wonder where these girls learned these tactics from...

Old 10-10-2018, 07:22 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post

Oh, so you now think, because of this, that ALL women are to be doubted ? Got an alert for you, there are certainly women (and girls) who will make false statements and lie. Any time you are dealing with humans, you get a certain percentage that do the wrong things. It happens. But, that does not automatically negate EVERY female who is a victim.

Next time you wonder why so many true victims of sexual violence are reluctant to come forward, read your own post. Your attitude is precisely why they feel people will make them the criminal instead of the victim. I hope some girl or woman you love is never put in this position, or you may then fully understand the impact of thinking like you exhibited here.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:26 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Wonder where these girls learned these tactics from...
From getting by with blaming their siblings for crap they did from age 3. Cute charming girls can get by with all kinds of stuff because they tell people what they want to hear.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:42 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Theyre being sued. I dont think they will walk away if its proven. This whole OMG you might be falsely accused shrill nonsense is just that. Quick-which is more likely? You will be falsely accused of rape or sexual assault......Or you will be hit by lightning?

Its the lightning stat. by more then a factor of 2 in fact.
What does probability have to do with anything? One false allegation, especially if it was against you, is one too many. We have a system in place that works. It is called, presumption of innocence. Why change it?

Old 10-10-2018, 07:44 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
blah blah blah. You are still blowing a incredibly rare event vastly out of proportion in order to justify ignoring sexual assault. That says a lot about you I think. So I will let your words speak for themselves. And I will look at the FACT that you are more likely to be hit by lightning.
People aren't playing it down, but rather noting that accusers, if proven to have made up the allegation should face significant penalties just like the offenders.

Innocence project just freed 2-3 guys recently that had been in jail for 20 years based upon false accusation.

Of course you guys are merely lining up over politics and the SCOTUS nomination but you shouldn't be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies