Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 05:59 PM

1,261 posts, read 561,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Have you noticed the OP usually drops one of these pearls on the forum, then disappears?
Not true at all. I cannot be on this forum 24/7. I reply back when I have time and it’s usually within 24 hrs.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:00 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,108,792 times
Guess you're not too familiar with the First Amendment, huh?

Old 10-10-2018, 06:03 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,648,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
”Blasphemous libel was originally an offence under the common law of England. Today, it is an offence under the common law of Northern Ireland, it is a statutory offence in Canada and New Zealand, and it has been abolished in England and Wales. It consists of the publication of material which exposes the Christian religion to scurrility, vilification, ridicule, and contempt, and the material must have the tendency to shock and outrage the feelings of Christians. It is a form of criminal libel.”

About 25% of the world’s countries and territories has anti-blasphemy law, including several Western nations.

If you cannot discriminate anyone against race, religion, etc. we shouldn’t be allowed to discriminate against religion (Christianity) either. Majority religion should be respected in America.

Prior to independence some American colonies had anti-blasphemy law.
Say it with me:

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE

The constitution prevents you turning our nation into a theocracy. If you want a theocracy move to one.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:21 PM

4,003 posts, read 2,676,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Christianity does not have any death penalty or any blasphemy law
Not for lack of trying on *your* part.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Not for lack of trying on *your* part.
Nopp I don’t change Christ’ word. I believe that anyone criticizing Christianity in a bad way should be put in jail, deported or fined depending on the situation/circumstance.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Guess you're not too familiar with the First Amendment, huh?
Doesn’t mention anything about my topic. Before independence some colonies had those laws, why not go back?

Old 10-10-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We call fundamental/evangelical Christianity here in the States the America Taliban. The OP appears to be a card-carrying member.
Those so called hardcore/evangelicals, do they behead people? Suicide bombers? Stone adulterous? Fly planes into buildings? Throw gays from rooftop buildings? Tax non-believers?

Old 10-10-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
OP has said in several other threads that s/he hates the establishment clause and thinks that the government should discriminate against atheists and non-christians. Also, that only christians should hold office.

So yes, s/he unabashedly does want those kinds of laws established here. Look up the OP’s other threads. A truly terrifying person, if s/he could only get some traction. Fortunately, s/he gets slapped down regularly.

In a way, I welcome the OP’s demented posts. Because the replies demonstrate that the overwhelming majority of posters here DO understand and cherish the establishment clause.
Members on CD do not represent all Americans, and most members on this forum are secular and anti-Christians sadly and brainwashed. No wonder why so many evil things happening because the lack of religion and fear of God.

I want a government similar to many other Western countries, nothing wrong with that. Most countries don’t have Establishment Clause BS and are perfectly fine.

If you had an election, most people would vote to become officially a Christian nation. Go try!

Old 10-10-2018, 06:46 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,350,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So saying something negative about religion is discrimination? LOL.

I think most Americans would strenuously resist the idea that government should prosecute blasphemy. But then, I’ve noted before that you don’t like the First Amendment. Well, it’s an opinion. Not one I respect, but you have the right to hold it, whether anyone else likes it or not. Thanks to the First Amendment.
Then, again how long has extreme Christianity platforms who suggested that Islam~ "Sharia Law" " was taking over the USA?? It's like instant once BO took office ( as lies spread that BO was actually a Muslim)~~ SO NOW OP wants Blasphemy Law instituted so EXTREME Christianity can legally charge anyone who dares says anything negative about their EXTREME view points?? REDICulous.. not to mention a tiny portion of mainstream Christians actually follow what has been preached to the masses of Christians ALL ABOUT embracing/ Tolerance etc..etc!! Guess OP only wants to spread ideology of those few Extremists in order to get responses~~ I thinks it's actually obvious trolling in my mind!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Oh great, the OP wants an American version of Sharia Law implemented here in the States. Where do these people come from? Even diehard conservatives will tell you that this sort of thing would never be allowed under our Constitution.
The spread of such Bu$$ Sh$t is a so a constant it seems

Old 10-10-2018, 06:46 PM

34,134 posts, read 18,393,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Congress shall not.....
Nothing about the States.
^^^^This. We have freedom OF religion. That being said we don't need more laws, especially ones that violate the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies