Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 02:00 PM

15,484 posts, read 10,419,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlandwonder View Post
Shepherd Smith was one of those people stranded on a bridge during Katrina in New Orleans. It may have been one of the first hurricanes he ever reported on. The entire crew was stuck on that bridge for 3 or 4 days and saw fist hand the problems and destruction created by hurricane Katrina. Since then he has reported on hurricanes with, what one might say, is a little more "enthusiasm " than other reporters might have.
Wrong, Shepard Smith was reporting live, drunk from a bar, while people were drowning. He did manage to slither out later. His later reporting from the bridge was ruthless, I think he had a guilt complex.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:04 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,727,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Please, someone contact FOX and request ShepSmth stop blabbering nonstop about inane, obsessive details concerning the latest hurricane.

Who does he have the goods on at FOX headquarters?????

SS has got to go, along with whoever at FOX lets him blabber on.

SS must be a MSNBC saboteur sent to destroy FOX.
There is a knob on your television set. Turn it! If you have a contemporary TV, you might have to push the channel button on the remote control; looks like a small rectangle with lots of buttons.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:14 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,557,288 times
Quote:
I am listening to it.

I like variety. when SS breaks in on planned programming and provides non stop irrelevant information it annoys me. I can change the channel. I don't want to. Go to bluesville if I don't like the specific show but the problem still exists for FOX programming and that annoys me. Why not say something?

You can put ear muffs on to shut out your neighbor's barking dog or you can approach your neighbor.
Fox News breaks in. SS just happens to be the go to afternoon guy.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Nope.

SS reflects on SS and the person above him who allows his style to persist.

Only a democrat sees things in absolutes. One slight disagreement with any aspect of their position and a new enemy is created by application of their stunted perspective.
“ Only a Democrat sees things in absolutes” sounds a tad absolute to me.

No shortage of people of all political stripes see things in absolutes.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:20 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,586,218 times
Turn the channel

Old 10-10-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Read again, I suggested looking up one level!

whenever an issues arises in an hierarchical organization you find the source of the problem one level up!

Sure seems like shep has the goods on some high level manager. where is the weather person Janis dean????? why the never ending drone of SS jabbering on about excruciating detail. surely a cable news station can come up with a person who can present the news in an interesting way instead of like a barking dog who won't shut up
You do care for him. I get it.

Speculation that he has the goods on someone is goofy stuff.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:23 PM

34,165 posts, read 18,446,096 times
I can't watch him. So, I don't. Keep blubbering Shep, I won't see it!

Old 10-10-2018, 02:24 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,510,115 times
Quote:
No I'm not, I shut him off. Is that too hard to comprehend?

Again with the dems limited thought processing. if you complain you must be watching or listening and you could easily turn off the station but you don't. Forget the image of a guy leaning forward in a recliner with eyes and ears glued to the image generator. Radio serves as background sound, sometimes with music sometimes with news.

Though I shut him off, he remains an annoying noise to millions of others who probably shut him off. See something, say something.
And yet here you are, whining about something you have control over. Your crying is a bore.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:25 PM

Earlier this year, Fox renewed a multi - year contract with SS.

He is their designated go to guy for breaking news.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:14 PM

599 posts, read 273,896 times
They're all knuckleheads trying their best to outdo one another.

Point: MSNBC video of a crew inside a room. Two guys planted against a large window being buffeted by the wind and driving rain. Nothing between them and the glass. If the glass had shattered, they're seriously injured if not dead.

How shytsimple do you have to be, not only to report it but watch? And they try to tell us what to do and how to react. No wonder they're no longer trusted to simply present the news. Unbiased and professional. They become the story. It's about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies