Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 04:47 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
People that deny that climate change is happening are putting the world in danger by refusing to instigate change. We all have to live on this planet.

Yes they deserve everything thrown at them. Perhaps it will open their eyes.

Couldn't care less how butthurt you are.
What are you doing to instigate change? Obviously you're not living off the grid, so I'm curious what you are doing to lessen your carbon footprint?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 04:55 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
What are you talking about??

Global warming will cripple the animal kingdom and destroy all hopes of forming a self sustaining society.

Authoritarians like yourself want private industry to destroy the environment for personal gain, you don't care about saving humanity, and creating a better world for everyone.

But peace and harmony will defeat you extremist capitalists.
All those who don't believe the earth is in revolt right now aren't paying attention. Mother Nature is pissed off and it doesn't matter how many unbelievers there are. We are all gonna be in this together.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What are you doing to instigate change? Obviously you're not living off the grid, so I'm curious what you are doing to lessen your carbon footprint?
How about not deregulating everything that affects the climate for starters? Sure, we're all complicit at some level, but the government doing everything it can to put our climate on the fast track to destruction sure isn't helping. But it won't matter in the end, because nature will always bat last.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:30 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Stopping pollution, cleaning our water supplies, and turning our capitalist private economy into a self sustaining society are great things that can be done to save organized human life and the animal kingdom.

But Nihilist like yourself would rather see the world burn.
I'm all for that world you speak of. But half the country don't want to move forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Global warming is a scam created by Al Gore. I wish I would have thought about it first. I would have made billions.
Sure. That's why 91 scientists from all over the globe came together to issue this warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How about not deregulating everything that affects the climate for starters? Sure, we're all complicit at some level, but the government doing everything it can to put our climate on the fast track to destruction sure isn't helping. But it won't matter in the end, because nature will always bat last.
We can all do what we can but most of the carbon footprint is left by corporations of one sort or another.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:31 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Climate change is real. The earth's climate has been changing ever since the earth existed, and will continue to do so. There is, however, insufficient scientific evidence to prove the earth's climate change is anthropogenic.
That is simply not true. You stand in opposition to the worlds climate scientists.

I think I believe the scientists, but thanks anyway.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:32 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Climate change is real. The earth's climate has been changing ever since the earth existed, and will continue to do so. There is, however, insufficient scientific evidence to prove the earth's climate change is anthropogenic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXoRSIxyIU

Old 10-10-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That is simply not true. You stand in opposition to the worlds climate scientists.

I think I believe the scientists, but thanks anyway.
Amazing how people will believe politicians over scientists. They wouldn't do that with their medical health. Or maybe they would. Who knows?

Old 10-10-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Amazing how people will believe politicians over scientists. They wouldn't do that with their medical health. Or maybe they would. Who knows?
I picture them as the "I've been smoking for 50 years" type of folks.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:46 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Conservatives, including Trump, haven't noticed any bad effects of global warming, so far. That's the problem.
Then there is no problem.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Then there is no problem.
Because a former reality TV star turned president said so. OK THEN ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies