Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 04:54 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times

Advertisements

As the title implies, we are living in dangerous times when our elected officials encourage violence.

I truly believe that someone soon or more than one person will be killed because of loons who think that their side is right, while those not agreeing with them are very wrong.

Blood will be spilled soon and there will be some serious rioting in the streets and our elected officials should be held as responsible for encouraging this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 04:55 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
like maybe at a baseball practice?

Old 10-10-2018, 05:16 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
As the title implies, we are living in dangerous times when our elected officials encourage violence.

I truly believe that someone soon or more than one person will be killed because of loons who think that their side is right, while those not agreeing with them are very wrong.

Blood will be spilled soon and there will be some serious rioting in the streets and our elected officials should be held as responsible for encouraging this.
The Party That Shot Steve Scalise just won't learn any lessons. Now, they have Holder and Hillary echoing the gospel of Mad Maxine. People are just tired of that long-tired act. Nothing constructive comes from threats and violence. Traditional Dems are leaving the party in droves, embarrassed at what that sad party has become.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:54 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Except in this version Mad Max is the villain.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:55 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Well, shouldn't people take responsibilities for their own actions, and be mature enough not to be 'inspired' to commit violence based on the words of others?

But anyways, I do think politicians in general need to tone down the violent rhetoric and be more civil.

A look back at Trump comments perceived by some as encouraging violence

Quote:
"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise," he said on Feb. 1, 2016.

At a Las Vegas rally later that month, he said security guards were too gentle with a protester. "He's walking out with big high-fives, smiling, laughing," Trump said. "I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."

A similar situation unfolded at a rally that month in Warren, Michigan.

"Get him out," he said of a protester. "Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it."
Maxine Waters mocks: I threaten Trump supporters 'all the time'

Quote:
Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) mockingly said in a speech last weekend that she threatens Trump supporters all the time, defending her comments in June that said people should confront members of President Trump's administration.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:56 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Except in this version Mad Max is the villain.
Equipped with her culturally appropriated hairstyle.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:59 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Yeah, so where have you been for the last while? Or don't you read?

The idea of mob rioting is exactly what groups like, say, the Russians want you to think, to get you to turn on your own people.

But, more practically, surely you know that America already has a high murder rate, and we're not stranger to riots, either.

I agree, though, that it would be nice if elected officials were held accountable. But, despite Trump's tendency to spew violent rhetoric (such as when he hinted that someone should assassinate Hillary), how exactly would you envision pinning something on him?

Old 10-10-2018, 06:00 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
As always, the villains are the minorities who resist the tyranny of the white conservative Christian majority. These are indeed dangerous times.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
As always, the villains are the minorities who resist the tyranny of the white conservative Christian majority. These are indeed dangerous times.
Really? Where did you get that idea? Oh yeah, that wild paranoid imagination

Old 10-10-2018, 06:35 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post

My God why do right wingers live in constant fear?

Go hide under your beds with your machine guns as we Liberals toss caramel flavored Lattes and genetically engineered corns of cob at you !

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies