U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2018, 06:35 PM

6,062 posts, read 1,478,797 times

Advertisements

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...pe-allegation/

Quote:
Prosecutors have dismissed domestic-violence assault and witness-tampering charges against a Bellevue police officer who was arrested in July, and have opted not to pursue rape charges against another Bellevue officer, both incidents involving the same woman.
Both officers’ legal troubles stemmed from allegations made by an Issaquah woman, who, according to an investigation by the King County Sheriff’s Office, has a history of seeking out men on Craigslist and then falsely reporting those consensual encounters as a crime to police.
(Bellevue and Issaquah are Eastside suburbs of Seattle)

Police say they will not pursue charges against the woman due to her possible mental illness. The woman also made rape allegations in 2009 and 2010 that were found to be fabricated. The article does not specifically say how much time this falsely accused cop spent in jail, but it looks to be 2-3 months.

All of this raises questions about the furor over the Kavanaugh hearings. We were told endlessly that we should 'believe survivors.' A new website 'brettkavanaugh.com' proclaims 'we believe survivors.'
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/1591819002/

I wonder what Sen. Patty Murray (D, WA) would have to say about this Bellevue, WA story. During the hearings, she argued that Dr. Ford should be believed, while Judge Kavanaugh should not.

The mantra should be 'believe the evidence,' not 'believe the survivor.' In fact it could be argued that the latter is an example of 'begging the question,' a logical fallacy wherein that which is to be proven is assumed to be true. Who'd of thunk that so many US Senators, including 10 on the judiciary committee, be taken in by a logical fallacy? I don't think the American people will be taken in. Sadly that could be very damaging for Democrats on Nov. 6.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 06:37 PM

8,987 posts, read 3,842,225 times
I heard about this on the radio and have been hearing about it for years off and on. That cop spent around 50 days in jail because of what that wench did. He lost his job, no telling what else because of it.

What is this woman going to get?

Old 10-10-2018, 06:49 PM

Cases like this are perhaps not common, but definitely do happen. One time police showed up at my workplace asking about a male co-worker who happened to be off. I told them I didn't know where he was. Later he told me that he was pulled over by police the next day. A woman he briefly dated had accused him of beating her up, and she had the cuts and bruises to prove it.

It turned out that she had been in a car accident, not beaten up. And she had a history of mental illness issues. Fortunately my co-worker was fully cleared, although he was something of a rake, and my first instinct would definitely have been to believe the accuser.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:54 PM

Hmmm, not one comment from the pro-Blasy Ford, anti-Kavanaugh crowd?

Old 10-12-2018, 07:04 PM

16,539 posts, read 9,453,977 times
The woman is a ticking time bomb. She has been making false accusations for at least a decade (that we know of). It would be helpful to the people of Seattle to know her name and face in order to protect themselves and/or family members from falling in her path.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:31 PM

6,846 posts, read 1,844,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...pe-allegation/

(Bellevue and Issaquah are Eastside suburbs of Seattle)

Police say they will not pursue charges against the woman due to her possible mental illness. The woman also made rape allegations in 2009 and 2010 that were found to be fabricated. The article does not specifically say how much time this falsely accused cop spent in jail, but it looks to be 2-3 months.

All of this raises questions about the furor over the Kavanaugh hearings. We were told endlessly that we should 'believe survivors.' A new website 'brettkavanaugh.com' proclaims 'we believe survivors.'
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/1591819002/

I wonder what Sen. Patty Murray (D, WA) would have to say about this Bellevue, WA story. During the hearings, she argued that Dr. Ford should be believed, while Judge Kavanaugh should not.

The mantra should be 'believe the evidence,' not 'believe the survivor.' In fact it could be argued that the latter is an example of 'begging the question,' a logical fallacy wherein that which is to be proven is assumed to be true. Who'd of thunk that so many US Senators, including 10 on the judiciary committee, be taken in by a logical fallacy? I don't think the American people will be taken in. Sadly that could be very damaging for Democrats on Nov. 6.
I hope the claims of mental illness are false and that is being used just as an excuse to let her get away with such crimes. However, where do we draw the line between a history of false rape accusations stemming from being a manipulative and crafty woman from the claims coming from from legit mental issues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies