Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 09:16 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times

Advertisements

Tattoo's don't speak to ones intelligence, but might speak to ones mental/emotional state.

Either way, folks are free to do what they like, but please don't tell others that you don't care what they think, then take every opportunity to show your tattoos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 09:28 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
When I meet someone with visible tattoos I just ignore them. I do not really look at what they are just as I wouldn't look closely at someone's scars, moles or blemishes. That would be rude.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:31 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
I don't think people with tattoos are stupid. Low class yes, but not stupid.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:12 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
I agree with that. Tattoo is a primitive cultural relic. Unless you're an aborigine or a pirate (or a sailor - they're common in maritime people due mostly to the historical legacy of close cultural proximity that seafarers had with aboriginal/tribal cultures) you have no business with a tattoo.

It is fairly clear that absent that identity, a tattoo typically indicates a person of low-culture - generally low-class, low intelligence, and low social status.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:15 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
I have two tattoos, and have plans for two more. I guess that makes me a f*cking moronic classless idiot CPA who shouldn't prepare taxes for anyone.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:25 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Tattoos are one of, if not the, ugliest form of self-desecration thee is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
"Individuality" gained through self-desecration (tattoos, for example), instead of accomplishment, is self-indulgent vanity, just like other freakish behavior. Self-inflicted ugliness in desperate search of some absent meaning to a vacuous life.
I wonder if you'd say that to the faces of these people:

Military tattoos

Old 10-11-2018, 10:29 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,674 times
OP...I hate em, especially on women. Also the piercings the women all deface their bodies with. UGLY!

Old 10-11-2018, 10:29 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post

Military tattoos
I dislike those. I don't begrudge soldiers getting military tattoos but those are too big. My dad had a small army tattoo, he said he got it when he was drunk with his army buddies.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:30 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Who in the world cares what someone else does with their body?

Just leave me out of it and don't commit aggression.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:30 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post

Military tattoos
I agree with this.

I think generally speaking, it is not wise to paint the entire group of people with a broad brush.

Personally, I will never get a tattoo, and I have seen amazing tattoos on some people, but most tattoos are not that impressive.

This being said, I've seen a lot of amazing military tattoos who actually told story of a person. For example, my good friend Clark (who is a navy corpsman) has 9 skulls on his arm (represents 9 Marines he lost).

If you (the general term) don't know a story of a person, I think you should not judge.

If you don't like a tattoo on your skin, that is your right; other people certainly have a right to make their own choices. What seems to be the big deal?

No, I don't think tattoos are for stupid people. I can understand that some people regretted having tattoos on their skin, but I still won't call them stupid.

p.s. My brother has a very small memorial tattoo on his back. He lost his best friend in the Marine corps and that tattoo is for him. I've seen many military men with big tattoos, it almost always tells a story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies