Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 07:14 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No welfare and no "open" borders. Borders should be private.
Yeah I know your end game the problem is you're willing to accept no borders with the existing welfare state in the meantime and that is both dangerous and stupid. Often when you are dismantling something it has to be done in a certain order or you end up doing more harm than good, but anarcho-capitalists are either too unintelligent or too narrow minded to see it. This is why I suspect it may not be a real ideology. It may be a troll ideology designed to **** off both sides but never actually get anywhere. Or maybe someone hijacked the libertarian movement to make it look ridiculous and ensure it never gains traction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 07:17 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Yeah I know your end game the problem is you're willing to accept no borders with the existing welfare state in the meantime and that is both dangerous and stupid. Often when you are dismantling something it has to be done in a certain order or you end up doing more harm than good, but anarcho-capitalists are either too unintelligent or too narrow minded to see it. This is why I suspect it may not be a real ideology. It may be a troll ideology designed to **** off both sides but never actually get anywhere. Or maybe someone hijacked the libertarian movement to make it look ridiculous and ensure it never gains traction.
the only one saying that is you. Stop being ridiculous.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
the only one saying that is you. Stop being ridiculous.
You and your two buddies say it every day on this forum. Your talking points have become blind parodies of themselves, lacking all reason and forethought. It's almost become an inside joke, waiting for one of you to show up and crap all over the thread with declarations that there should be no government at all, regardless of what the topic is. You're not bringing people to your cause, you're turning potential allies away with your irrational stubbornness. But again, this is why I suspect it's a troll ideology not meant to be taken seriously.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:47 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
You and your two buddies say it every day on this forum. Your talking points have become blind parodies of themselves, lacking all reason and forethought. It's almost become an inside joke, waiting for one of you to show up and crap all over the thread with declarations that there should be no government at all, regardless of what the topic is. You're not bringing people to your cause, you're turning potential allies away with your irrational stubbornness. But again, this is why I suspect it's a troll ideology not meant to be taken seriously.
Where did I or my "two buddies" advocate for "open borders and a welfare state"?
Answer: Nowhere

Keep jousting those windmills, maybe you'll taste victory someday.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:06 AM

13,944 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
As one of his "buddies" I can say I have never advocated for anything like what you are saying. All the AnCap/libertarian folks hereabouts are in complete agreement on the 100% end of the welfare state and the AXIOM that property rights are absolute. A border to you is the political boundary defined by a construct that Frank and his "buddies" all think is illegitimate and in dire need of extinction. A border to us is that which delineates private property, you know, that stuff that the individual has absolute, natural rights over?

So you're actually claiming something that is completely opposite of what Frank and "his buddies" advocate/preach. We want the absolute, total, complete end of all welfare (natural result of ending "the State" as we know it) and property rights, including borders, are absolute, unflinching and sovereign to the individual, as in, if it's my property, then those are my borders, and uncontrolled migration across my border onto my property is an initiation of force.

You're entire argument is a straw man.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:15 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
So since I was responding to this part of your quote, which I bolded:

are you suggesting private libraries wouldn't be woefully outdated?
If they model the current public ones...yes.

At that point I wouldn't care though because I'm not paying for it.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
As one of his "buddies" I can say I have never advocated for anything like what you are saying. All the AnCap/libertarian folks hereabouts are in complete agreement on the 100% end of the welfare state and the AXIOM that property rights are absolute. A border to you is the political boundary defined by a construct that Frank and his "buddies" all think is illegitimate and in dire need of extinction. A border to us is that which delineates private property, you know, that stuff that the individual has absolute, natural rights over?

So you're actually claiming something that is completely opposite of what Frank and "his buddies" advocate/preach. We want the absolute, total, complete end of all welfare (natural result of ending "the State" as we know it) and property rights, including borders, are absolute, unflinching and sovereign to the individual, as in, if it's my property, then those are my borders, and uncontrolled migration across my border onto my property is an initiation of force.

You're entire argument is a straw man.
You're not actually one of the two buddies I referred to. You're a little less narrow minded than the others. And yes I know what your end game is but like I've said and none of you have refuted, in the meantime you are willing to accept open national borders with the welfare state still in place, because at least you're getting the open borders which checks off a box on your list. No thought to the ramifications of checking the boxes off in the wrong order. That's not smart, which is ironic because one of the other tenets of the anarcho-capitalist ideology is that you're all smarter than the rest of us.

The rational thing to do would be to keep the borders protected until you can dismantle the welfare state that attracts the parasites to venture over the open borders in the first place. Then, after the incentives are gone, you can start thinking about opening things up. But that would leave you with two unchecked boxes instead of one and that's all you can see, forethought be damned.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:24 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Hey buddy!

It's only an inside joke to people with no capability of intelligent and/or independent thought, like you and all the other collectivists. Regardless of the topic, the State shouldn't exist.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:26 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
You're not actually one of the two buddies I referred to. You're a little less narrow minded than the others. And yes I know what your end game is but like I've said and none of you have refuted, in the meantime you are willing to accept open national borders with the welfare state still in place, because at least you're getting the open borders which checks off a box on your list. No thought to the ramifications of checking the boxes off in the wrong order. That's not smart, which is ironic because one of the other tenets of the anarcho-capitalist ideology is that you're all smarter than the rest of us.

The rational thing to do would be to keep the borders protected until you can dismantle the welfare state that attracts the parasites to venture over the open borders in the first place. Then, after the incentives are gone, you can start thinking about opening things up. But that would leave you with two unchecked boxes instead of one and that's all you can see, forethought be damned.
Oh yeah, that's what we all advocate--keeping the welfare state.

Every single entitlement should have been abolished yesterday. Why hasn't Trump done anything about that? Or the GOP Congress?

Old 10-12-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Oh yeah, that's what we all advocate--keeping the welfare state.

Every single entitlement should have been abolished yesterday. Why hasn't Trump done anything about that? Or the GOP Congress?
You talk about how smart you are in one post then in the very next post show your lack of intelligence. I know you want to get rid of the welfare state but in the meantime you are willing to accept open borders with the welfare state still in place. And yes, none of you have refuted that. You only see checked boxes, there is no forethought involved. Not bright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies