Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 11:35 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,613,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
“This took place in Turkey and to the best of our knowledge, Khashoggi is not a United States citizen,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday. “I don’t like stopping massive amounts of money that’s being poured into our country,” referring to his desire to sell $110 billion worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia.

IMHO the reaction of our president, to this shocking disappearance and probable murder of a journalist, is another appalling example of how far our country has fallen. The leader of America has announced that money is more important than decency. So much for human rights being a part of our foreign policy.

I don't understand why I feel stunned, tonight; its not as if Mr. Trump has ever been a champion of human rights.
I think the part that gets me is the dismemberment. Somehow that hits me directly in the gut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 01:09 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,417,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Stop the alliance with Saudi Arabia, they are the number sponsor of terrorism in the world.
Bush didn't stand up to them when 2000 Americans were killed.
Like the guy at the top now is gonna say boo for a foreign American " journalist" ?

Old 10-13-2018, 01:14 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,362,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Like the guy at the top now is gonna say boo for a foreign American " journalist" ?
The journalist was small fish.

Yemen was big fish.

I know it's not going to happen, but its interesting to see all the DC elite squirm explaining away their love for MbS after he killed one of their friends.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:58 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,362,753 times
No this here explains the situation perfectly: https://politics.theonion.com/trump-...g-r-1829713565

Old 10-13-2018, 07:12 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,496,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I think the part that gets me is the dismemberment. Somehow that hits me directly in the gut.
From what I know about the Muslim religion--
That was a real desecration of his body--
It goes directly against what the Koran proscribes for the dead...
Of course it was a strategic decision to move the body out of the building with least amount of fanfare
They probably put him in rolling suitcases or maybe even burned the parts if they have a "burn safe"--one that gets very high temps to rid the consulate of records if it is threatened by overthrow...

But it is just offensive
Muslims like Orthodox Jews are supposed to have burial within 24 hours---no embalming
They treated him like a beast at slaughter

Old 10-13-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
In fact our government allowed certain very important Saudis in the US to fly home to protect them
They were the only ones allowed on flights when planes were grounded...

Bush I was very likely a CIA operative, recruited at Yale, who spent his life in the oil industry making friends for the CIA in the Middle East--
One reason why he was so involved with the Contras/guns program under Reagan
Bush family has long personal relationship with House of Saud--very lucrative in money and power to both

Old 10-13-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
No this here explains the situation perfectly: https://politics.theonion.com/trump-...g-r-1829713565
Spot on for the hypocracy rife within the GOP and especially Trump's WH--
I imagine there could have been a conversation very similar even before the actual murder--
When the CIA likely revealed its knowledge of what was planned...

Very like Jonathan Swith's "A Modest Proposal" which advocated for the killing/eating of babies in Ireland as a way to combat overpopulation and starvation among the Irish people...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal

The rationality Swift uses is what make the proposal at once repulsive and reasonable...classic example of satire...

Old 10-13-2018, 07:53 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,727,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

In the OP's rant I think this is particularly sad and so indicative of the Left and how they view Trump supporters.

You think it's sad? Read your own words below.

I guess myself along with millions of other Deplorables have a front row seat to the circus and we think it is great.
you think it's "great" that a man was murdered in cold blood & you speak of the left wing hate? I think it's "sad" how Trump supporters view others.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:10 AM

56,850 posts, read 25,780,212 times
Quote:
The journalist was small fish.

Yemen was big fish.

I know it's not going to happen, but its interesting to see all the DC elite squirm explaining away their love for MbS after he killed one of their friends.
I would never call the blatant murder of a reporter in broad daylight small fish, what are the limits. They have also gone into foreign countries kidnapping dissidents and putting them in prison. Strangely Israel is silent about their actions in Yemen but portray Iran as the number one sponsor of terrorism.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would never call the blatant murder of a reporter in broad daylight small fish, what are the limits. They have also gone into foreign countries kidnapping dissidents and putting them in prison. Strangely Israel is silent about their actions in Yemen but portray Iran as the number one sponsor of terrorism.
Kushner is big friend of Netanyahu as now MBS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies