Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 06:55 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,254 times

Advertisements

Although I am a Trump supporter, this incident has really saddened me. I believe there is no amount of jobs or money that is worth the brazen murder and butchering of a person under the protection of the USA. Trump should stand up for the values our country stands for. I can't imagine someone like Reagan choosing money over moral fiber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 06:57 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Although I am a Trump supporter, this incident has really saddened me. I believe there is no amount of jobs or money that is worth the brazen murder and butchering of a person under the protection of the USA. Trump should stand up for the values our country stands for. I can't imagine someone like Reagan choosing money over moral fiber.
He was not under the protection of the US. He was not a citizen so he has no US protection when visiting another country, especially his OWN country's embassy.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:57 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
"One death is a tragedy, thousands of dead Yemeni innocents, a statistic"- Uncle Joe

Old 11-29-2018, 07:14 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He was not under the protection of the US. He was not a citizen so he has no US protection when visiting another country, especially his OWN country's embassy.
He was a resident of the US, living in the US, working for a US newspaper... His children go to college here. Let's not use semantics to ignore the brazen murder of this man in broad daylight.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:21 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
He was a resident of the US, living in the US, working for a US newspaper... His children go to college here. Let's not use semantics to ignore the brazen murder of this man in broad daylight.
He had NO US protections. Stop blowing it out of proportion.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...nalist-remains

Old 11-29-2018, 07:23 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times
Quote:
Stop making this asshat a martyr. He is nothing of the sort.

Are you talking about Trump ? If so, I agree with you.

About time the GOP gets some guts and integrity. Looks like the honeymoon with Trump is over.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:25 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times
Quote:

So, if you go to Turkey, and are slaughtered, we should turn our backs on that ? This is NO different.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:26 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
I can't imagine someone like Reagan choosing money over moral fiber.
Really? Please research "Reagan response to Marine Corps barracks bombing in Beirut" and educate yourself.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:29 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Trump supporters will say and do anything to protect him.
Something should have been done BEFORE the children starved to death and many thousands killed in Yemen but, maybe just maybe this is the way Senators can show they can work together in a bipartisan way to limit Trumps Saudi support thus showing him they aren't happy with him dismissing the fact that the Saudi prince gave the order to kill Jamal Khashoggi.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:30 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
This times a billion. He was not ours.

It makes me sad but does everyone stop buying Chinese crap when they kill another Chinese person?
Russia killed people in the UK but we dont hear much outrage any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies