Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 08:32 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I don't want a president who has a huge personal financial conflict of interest with countries that are a threat to us.

Look at video! You can start it at minute 1:15 https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/tru...-case-58543584

Unless you prefer to bury your head in the sand!
I prefer to accept the fact that Trump isn't going anywhere. It isn't my fault that the DNC backed a lame horse like Clinton. Trump was the second to last person I wanted for President. Thats why I wrote in Webb.

We need to stop playing world cop.
I am not going to address Trumps financial dealings on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Did GWB contact the UN about the Iraq issue before going to war?

BTW, watch video at minute 1:15 https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/tru...-case-58543584
As a matter of fact I am sure that he did. What does that have to do with being against playing world cop?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Khashoggi has been aligned with the old guard of the Royal Family, since forever.

He was highly critical of the new guard while living in SA and the US.

No shortage of ways to silence this journalist without it turning into an international incident.

It’s possible the old guard portion of the Royal Kingdom is responsible for the murder of the journalist knowing, the new guard would be held responsible and removed from power.

Whomever is responsible intended for this to be an international spectacle. Why?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:43 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I prefer to accept the fact that Trump isn't going anywhere. It isn't my fault that the DNC backed a lame horse like Clinton. Trump was the second to last person I wanted for President. Thats why I wrote in Webb.

We need to stop playing world cop.
I am not going to address Trumps financial dealings on this thread.
Why not? You don't think they play a part in his international relations decisions?

Ken

Old 10-17-2018, 08:46 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
As a matter of fact I am sure that he did. What does that have to do with being against playing world cop?
What does our president's personal financial business dealings have to do with playing world cop? A conflict of interest, of this sort, will put the US security at risk ultimately resulting in putting our soldiers at the risk you don't want. Think about it.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Why not? You don't think they play a part in his international relations decisions?

Ken
No I think that my position is I dont like the USA playing world cop. I think Trump is a snake oil salesman and not even a good one.
That said this journalist isn't worth our nation making any more enemies over. The UN is there for a reason, let them do their job, let the world body decide what needs to be done.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
What does our president's personal financial business dealings have to do with playing world cop? A conflict of interest, of this sort, will put the US security at risk ultimately resulting in putting our soldiers at the risk you don't want. Think about it.
Well you and others seem to feel that the US needs to do something about this. Easy for you top say, you aren't one of the ones that would be doing something about it.

Playing world cop is the US taking action on its own against another country for something that has nothing to do with us.

Think about blowback... How many countries hate us for interfering with their internal issues. How many hate us for not minding our own business, for meddling. Think about it....

Old 10-17-2018, 08:50 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its not the job of any US president to discipline other thugs for doing the same things they themselves do. America needs to mind its own business.
Yet trump is picking sides with Israel and continuing billions in aid to them. He's also increased troops in Afghanistan since he was elected.

He only likes to be isolationist when it comes to protecting his Byzantine business interests or when it comes to protecting the amoral thugs he admires and looks up to

Old 10-17-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yet trump is picking sides with Israel and continuing billions in aid to them. He's also increased troops in Afghanistan since he was elected.

He only likes to be isolationist when it comes to protecting his Byzantine business interests or when it comes to protecting the amoral thugs he admires and looks up to
Which still doesn't explain why it is our job to do anything about this. I would argue that the Journalist own country needs to do something about it.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:54 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Khashoggi has been aligned with the old guard of the Royal Family, since forever.

He was highly critical of the new guard while living in SA and the US.

No shortage of ways to silence this journalist without it turning into an international incident.

It’s possible the old guard portion of the Royal Kingdom is responsible for the murder of the journalist knowing, the new guard would be held responsible and removed from power.

Whomever is responsible intended for this to be an international spectacle. Why?
That’s quite an imagination. The Saudis have been engaging in international terrorism for decades. Technology and surveillance is better now. They were also probably betting that Turkey would look the other way. Bottom line is that this time they just got caught. That’s what happens when you live a philosophy of doing terrible things. You get away with it for a while but eventually you get caught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies