Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 12:57 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
discovered in the garden of the Saudi consul general's home....

sounds like a set up... this is most definitely a Turkish false flag deception
Or gee, maybe the Saudis are cold-blooded killers.

Naw, the culture that produced the people who flew planes into the twin towers would NEVER resort to violence.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 01:17 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
If there is any bright spot here - at least Congress seems to be waking up.

Lindsey Graham told Fox News last week “What I would do, I know what I’m going to do, I’m going to sanction the hell out of Saudi Arabia.”

While Trump continues to look for reasons to excuse his Saudi buddies.

A showdown is coming on this one. Congressmen, do your job.
I’m sorry but Lindsey Graham is full of crap.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:16 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I'm not sure why this is a big deal. Yes, it's awful when anyone is murdered, but this sort of thing happens daily in these countries and in fact all over the world.

The only reason this one is in the news more is that the so-called MSM has decided it might be something to somehow distract from the great economy and to give weak-minded people another excuse to hate Trump, although what Trump has to do with this is beyond me.
The reason this one is in the news is that it appears to be a state-sponsored murder, that was planned and executed in another country. It is in the news because the victim was an outspoken critic of the state that murdered him. It is in the news because the country where the murder took place took issue with another country conducting an execution there, and because the country who performed the murder denied it, and tried to cover it up. It is in the news because the country where it happened is demanding an explanation, and the country that performed the murder doesn't want to held accountable, or to provide details. So the country where it happened is leaking details. Internationally, it is titillating and scandalizing. And such things get coverage simply because people like to be titillated and scandalized.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:47 PM
exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
If there is any bright spot here - at least Congress seems to be waking up.

Lindsey Graham told Fox News last week “What I would do, I know what I’m going to do, I’m going to sanction the hell out of Saudi Arabia.”

While Trump continues to look for reasons to excuse his Saudi buddies.

A showdown is coming on this one. Congressmen, do your job.

Saudi buddies? Lefties, WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES?

You want to sanction SA to oblivion? Right now the largest enemy in the Middle East is Iran, and the largest ally Israel. SA supports both Israel (although quietly) and considers Iran an enemy. Let me quote from an excellent article in the LA Times:

"Some of the most outraged American voices in the Khashoggi affair had no problem working with Iran’s brutal regime. The Obama echo chamber made realist arguments about the nature of reform under the mullahs, but are now morally aghast at our realpolitik with the House of Saud.

The Turks are even worse. Along with Iran, Turkey is competing with Saudi Arabia for regional dominance, and Khashoggi’s death is merely a propaganda tool for them. The Turks are brilliantly feeding evidence in drips and drabs to an indignant Western press.

I get the indignation, but has no one followed the mass arrests and periodic assassinations of journalists under President Recep Tayyip Erdogan? Do people really believe the Turkish tyrant and NATO ally — who calls journalists “the gardeners of terrorism” — is sincerely offended? Should we call for Erdogan to step down? Why not?"

It's time to slap some sanctions on a few Saudis and to move on.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:43 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
I think a lot those photos were fake , why would someone want to be seen carrying a bone saw , if they intended to use something like that wouldn't they take a sawzall in a case ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That would depend on how easily they thought they were going to get away with it.

Ken
And how brazen and/or stupid they are.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:11 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Or gee, maybe the Saudis are cold-blooded killers.

Naw, the culture that produced the people who flew planes into the twin towers would NEVER resort to violence.

Ken
Saudis have the worst human rights records in the world.
Only deepstate agents would support them like we have for the past 60 years.
I bet if this was an Iranian dissident chopped up, the deepstate would be all over it.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:14 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The reason this one is in the news is that it appears to be a state-sponsored murder, that was planned and executed in another country. It is in the news because the victim was an outspoken critic of the state that murdered him. It is in the news because the country where the murder took place took issue with another country conducting an execution there, and because the country who performed the murder denied it, and tried to cover it up. It is in the news because the country where it happened is demanding an explanation, and the country that performed the murder doesn't want to held accountable, or to provide details. So the country where it happened is leaking details. Internationally, it is titillating and scandalizing. And such things get coverage simply because people like to be titillated and scandalized.
It is also in the news because he was chopped up into bits and put in suitcases like a serial killer would do, and those type of grisly cazes always make international news.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:35 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
It is also in the news because he was chopped up into bits and put in suitcases like a serial killer would do, and those type of grisly cazes always make international news.
And the prince struts his stuff. I hope the king relieves him of his duties. Kind of like our king struts his stuff. Gross, despicable, people.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:13 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Sounds like Shashoggi's eldest son - who has dual Saudi/U.S. citizenship and had been unable to leave Saudi Arabia has now been allowed back to the U.S.

"The eldest son of murdered Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi arrived in Washington with his family from Saudi Arabia on Thursday, according to two sources close to the family, after U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo pushed for his return.

Salah Khashoggi, who holds dual U.S.-Saudi citizenship and had thus far been under a travel ban, departed Saudi Arabia on Wednesday...."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/son-saudi...152925656.html

Ken

Old 10-25-2018, 10:15 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Saudis are evil. Why are we allied with them? I know why, to destroy Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies