Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 08:40 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Why did you start this thread? What point are you trying to make?
I know, right? I know a family in the area and it is that bad. If anything, the media coverage doesn't do it justice, because they can't get to all the places. People so love to use the words fake news, and in a situation like this and to make it political is pretty sad.

Last edited by ipaper; 10-12-2018 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 10:59 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Yeah, doesn't look so bad.
https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...st-joe-florida

Old 10-12-2018, 11:31 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenKW View Post
Ya the damage is bad but of course as usual they show 10 wiped out houses from the air but won't zoom out so you can see the hundreds of others around them that are just fine.

I feel bad for the victims of this storm, first the storm itself then comes the swarm of low IQ authoritarians that won't let them go back to their houses.
Some of the first photos did show damaged houses next to undamaged structures. But, those weren't where the eye went in, reporters were outside of that area. Once reporters got into Mexico Beach we saw the widespread destruction.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:58 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
one person is now a group?

how many are in this one-person group, anyway?
Are you saying that only one person has called global warming a conspiracy? Surely you aren't. Even the President tries to call it a conspiracy. Reread my post. I'm not calling the OP an conspiracy. I'm saying he or she is yet another person trying to make the idiotic case that global warming is a conspiracy.

Fake news, according the Trump-world is also a liberal conspiracy. If you don't believe me, look at the claims Trump has made about it.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:52 PM

23,980 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Are you saying that only one person has called global warming a conspiracy? Surely you aren't. Even the President tries to call it a conspiracy. Reread my post. I'm not calling the OP an conspiracy. I'm saying he or she is yet another person trying to make the idiotic case that global warming is a conspiracy.

Fake news, according the Trump-world is also a liberal conspiracy. If you don't believe me, look at the claims Trump has made about it.
Even Exxon Mobile confesses that global warming is real. It is time to consider maybe it is.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:57 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Even Exxon Mobile confesses that global warming is real. It is time to consider maybe it is.

People who deny global warming rank right up there with flat earth theorists. It is real, every credible scientist and expert knows it, and yet you find people who somehow know more than them.

Almost every other country is on board with doing something about it, but Trump has put the US back into the dark ages.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:14 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Everybody knows deep down that global warming is caused by human body heat because of population increase.

Scott Wagner, who intends to run for governor, told a room of natural gas drilling advocates that climate change -- global warming -- is caused by body heat and Earth's apparent slow death spiral into the sun.

Scott is one of those really smart stable geniuses running your country, so he must be right.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:35 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Everybody knows deep down that global warming is caused by human body heat because of population increase.

Scott Wagner, who intends to run for governor, told a room of natural gas drilling advocates that climate change -- global warming -- is caused by body heat and Earth's apparent slow death spiral into the sun.

Scott is one of those really smart stable geniuses running your country, so he must be right.

Haha, people better stop exercising and having sex. Too much of that and we are going to have real problems.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:46 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Quote:
Ya the damage is bad but of course as usual they show 10 wiped out houses from the air but won't zoom out so you can see the hundreds of others around them that are just fine.

i agree with you, i been in about thirty hurricanes in my life living on the gulf coast.

what people dont know, 90% of the damage is the first mile from the coast. its cause by the water.

new orleans was below sea level

of course you going lose trees, gas station canopys, and power lines.

most wind you going see in a hurricane is about 50 mph because of the terrain, the high winds are thirty foot up in elevation, so most times it takes the trees out. I have never had any damage to my house since 1972 due to hurricane, I live thirty miles from the gulf

Old 10-13-2018, 07:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:

I feel bad for the victims of this storm, first the storm itself then comes the swarm of low IQ authoritarians that won't let them go back to their houses.

Mexico Beach looks like Surfside Tx. after that one hurricane rolled in a few years ago. Only a newer beach house here and one over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies