Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 02:58 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times

Advertisements

Climate research is supposed to be for the good of the world. Scientists are supposedly toiling to ensure we don't drown or burn up. I always assumed they rode their bicycles to work. Likewise I assumed that world leaders exercised discipline and self-sacrifice when attending to these grave responsibilities.

I began to lose my innocence as I discovered that Bon Jovi and Elton John entertained at the Paris Climate Accords conference in 2015, where Obama generously gave away billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars. I read, in the New York Times, an article to the effect that Dire Climate Warning Lands With a Thud on Trump’s Desk (link). The media seems to love ones that throw a good party even if it is at our expense.

The article references the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (link to website). I was curious about who and what they were. This is a picture of their headquarters:

The website describes them as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) was founded in 1992 and currently has a staff of about 300 people. The historic buildings of the institute and its high-performance computer are located on Potsdam’s Telegraphenberg campus. The institute is a member of the Leibniz Association and receives core funding of about 11 million euros from the German federal government and the Federal State of Brandenburg. A similar amount of additional project funding is raised from external sources in competition with other institutions, a large part coming from grant programmes of the European Union.
The funding seems awfully generous considering the immediate real needs of the world's people. Do Elton John, Paul McCartney and Bon Jovi have concert dates there? As to the question raised in the subject line, in that case, European taxpayers. But the U.S. is the sugar daddy that pays their defense bill so that they have lots of money to waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 03:02 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times
Who is Funding Extravagant "Climate Change" Research and Entertainment?

Follow the Money

Old 10-11-2018, 03:12 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
When all credible scientists and scientific organizations are saying one thing and you have fringe religious extremists and conspiracy theorists claiming another, which one do you believe?

Old 10-11-2018, 03:18 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Yawn. And meanwhile thousands of climate scientists with no real economic motive continue to state that this is a real issue.

When you talk about following the money, did you even try to follow the money for the "studies" that say climate change is not a issue? Thats where the money is. You just have to sell your soul out.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:34 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
When all credible scientists and scientific organizations are saying one thing and you have fringe religious extremists and conspiracy theorists claiming another, which one do you believe?
The OP said nothing about whether climate change was real, or if real anything we could do about. All of the remedies on the table deal primarily if not exclusively with redistribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies