Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the fundamental ideas of due process, equal protection and innocent until proven guil
Yes, regardless of gender, political affiliation, or "race" 89 90.82%
No, women should be believed over men, Democrats over Republicans, and "People of color" over "Whites" 9 9.18%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 05:41 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I wonder waht the #MeToo crowd would think of the infamous trials of silent film star Fatty Arbuckle for the rape and killing of an actress named Virginia Rappe over 95 years ago. For the record, he was acquitted 3 times and give an apology letter.
That was in a day of prohibition so alcohol could have been more lethal due to bad ingredients. And this comes from a mostly favorable persom to #MeToo and #TimesUp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 06:18 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Nice to see the Democrats tactics did result on one good thing. Getting more awareness of false rape accusations

Old 10-12-2018, 06:23 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You are more likely to be hit by lightning then falsely accused of a sexual crime.
How do you know that? By what metric do you use to say this?

Old 10-12-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Now the right has a war on women, Democrats, and minorities? That's why Democrats have more of them and less of you. Vote in November!
Well that was a post that added nothing to the discussion. But if it was Twitter you'd probably get a, "yasssss queen, slaaaay!"

Old 10-12-2018, 06:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Let me lead with the poll is absolutely absurd and destroys any credibility that this is a real discussion.

There is a reasonable opinion piece on the subject from the NY Times...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/o...eve-women.html

Note that one of the people attempting to misuse the charge was Operation Veritas showing it is not all a left wing thing.

The trust but verify thing sound rational to me.

And note the "believe all the women" is really a counter to the prior "believe none of the women" which we have had for the last few hundred years
It absolutely is. Literally women haven't been believed for hundreds of years.

I think a middle ground will be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Nice to see the Democrats tactics did result on one good thing. Getting more awareness of false rape accusations
Yes. While conservative men continue to pretend ACTUAL rape doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Would said daughters wait 36 years, not remembering the when or the where?
Quite possibly. Listen, if you have daughters something bad is going to happen to them and they may or may not ever tell you. It might be in middle school, high school, college, their first job . . but it will .

Old 10-12-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Yes. While conservative men continue to pretend ACTUAL rape doesn't exist.
Which white conservative men have said that actual rape doesn't exist?

Old 10-12-2018, 06:35 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
This seemed like a good place to put this since the subject is about false allegations:

https://twitter.com/DeeBookWriter/st...35802954055680

Old 10-12-2018, 06:39 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/white-...GUc1fQu_a4luDw

Quote:
A white woman was captured on video calling the cops on a 9-year-old black child who she claimed grabbed her butt in a Brooklyn bodega, an accusation that outraged locals — and caused the kid to burst into tears.

“I want the cops here right now!” the woman, who identifies herself as a Flatbush resident named Teresa Klein, can be heard demanding over the phone. “The son grabbed my a– and she decided to yell at me.”
https://twitter.com/AndrewRamosTV/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Quote:
Surveillance footage proves white woman who called 911 on a young black child claiming he groped her - was wrong @PIX11News #CornerstoreCaroline Full story at 5
They're going after children now.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You are more likely to be hit by lightning then falsely accused of a sexual crime.
But far more likely to be accused of sexual harassment/ discrimination regardless of guilt, which is 1 step away.
Let's look at some items that are deemed harassment:
1. You look nice today.
2. What kind of perfume is that?
3. Did you change your hair style?

Yes according to the corporation I worked for those things are sexual harassment.

1. Patting someone of the opposite sex, on the back or shoulder.
2. Looking at someone more than 3 seconds constitutes a leer.
3.Compliments on appearance, job performance, attire, any physical attribute etc. is harassment.

Yep so unless you don't care about your job, you simply avoid any and all personal conversations or after work activities with females.
I didn't make the rules and these rules were all based upon sexual harassment cases against the company or others.
Even talking about family was frowned upon. No jokes that might be considered offensive. No photos in your locker that might be considered offensive. It was like someone asked a hardcore muslim, or bible banger for guidelines.

One of my jobs unfortunately was to help investigate claims in my department. At least 30% of the time the woman was as guilty or more than the male. Also in many cases it was a fling gone sour and the female was acting wounded. Witnesses and co-workers usually spill their guts, because by that point they are fed up with the B S .

Old 10-12-2018, 06:47 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
A woman in a checkout line accused a nine year old boy of sexual assault for touching her butt. It turned out his backpack brushed against her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies