Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 07:29 AM

77,970 posts, read 60,134,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Brett Kavanaugh put on quite a show with his emotional diatribe. I’m sure Trump loved it. Sad that our Senate is so very partisan. Dr. Ford was very believable. Strange how her questioning was so slanted toward aiding Kavanaugh, that rapist.
Clearly you are extremely partisan.

You've made up your mind about something where there is zero evidence.

There isn't even enough to press charges (assuming no statute of limitations) let alone get in front of a jury.

There is no more evidence that it occurred then if I were to come forward today and claim that Kamala Harris shot at me in a road rage incident.

When did she do it? A couple years ago, it was sunny out.
Where did it happen? California, I don't remember where exactly...on an interstate.
Anyone else see it too? No.
Any physical evidence? No.
What was she driving? A car.
License Plate? Don't remember.

Well that settles it, Kamala Harris tried to kill me and is an attempted murderer.

I mean gosh-golly who would possibly lie about a prominent figure on the other side of their politics if they were to get say....nominated to the Supreme court or to run for the presidency?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 09:53 AM

9,471 posts, read 9,336,305 times
[/b]QUOTE=TheMoreYouKnow;55673323]And once again, this is why you pathetic people deserve to lose. Take your meds, you're losing it.[/quote]

YOU posted that picture. Get some new glasses!

Old 07-15-2019, 02:28 PM

21,813 posts, read 9,356,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Here is the thing....I have daughters, I have sons, nieces and nephews.

I want my daughters and sons etc to be treated with respect, dignity and have a fair chance at pursuing their dreams.

If you cannot provide enough information about an alleged incident that the person in question cannot possibly craft an alibi then it should raise huge red flags.

For example, there is a girl named Michelle that I grew up with. I never once went to a party where she was at, never went on a date with her etc. There is absolutely nothing preventing her from making the same vague claims against me and there would be no possible defense now 30 years later if the time, place or any corroborating witnesses were available. Same goes for your husband, brothers, sons so let that sink in.

There is no safety from such empty accusations, even if you'd done nothing. Not sure how some of you can have any men you care about in your lives and not recognize the level of danger and wrongdoing there. Perhaps that's the problem, an utter lack of empathy.

Additionally, in the case of Kavanaugh there was great concern about the Supreme court tipping. There was a CLEAR motivation to come forward and lie with all of the claims about how R vs. Wade hung in the balance.

People saying "why would she?" um....to keep a Trump appointee off the Supreme Court. Duh.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Perhaps, at the time of the occurrence she tried to forget that awful, degrading, scary experience. She just wanted to get as far away as possible from that house and Kavanaugh and his laughing friend, and she ran all the way home.

You Kavanaugh supporters want to disbelieve her. Perhaps you never suffered a sexual predator trying to abuse you? Perhaps you have zero sympathy for someone going through such a horrendous experience. Perhaps you wouldn’t have the courage to stick your neck out to right a wrong to save the USA from a pervert serving on the Supreme Court.

So your friend had a great 1964. So what does that have to do with anyone else’s experience of that year? Nothing!
We are not Kavanaugh supporters. We are rule of law supporters. We are innocent until PROVEN guilty supporters. Sad you don't know the difference.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
How about a link? I never saw this, but if she was laughing, it was because Kavanagh is a clown.
Are you for real?

Old 07-15-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Right.... so horrendous that she didn't run to her parents, family member or best friend of that time to cry about it??? Yeah, she made all of that stuff up.

I've had a female co-worker have to endure a previous work situation of being locked inside of a cashout room with a manager who showed his penis to her and offered her a good time. That was really scary and horrible, but she didn't suffer PTSD over it. She just found herself a new job. Again, most women have experienced uncomfortable unwanted sexual overtures from a man, and they've gotten over it just fine.
God, if I could tell you all the times I was in 'uncomfortable' situations. I could have been raped so many times. One time, in high school I was at a party and went home with a coworker's brother. His parents were upstairs asleep and we were making out in the family room and he was trying to get me to go further, which I refused. He went into the bathroom and came out naked. Completely NAKED. And you know what I did? I left. Not all in a huff. I kind of thought it was funny.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:41 PM

9,131 posts, read 5,776,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Seriously? I found Ford to be totally UNbelievable. Especially the part about her not remembering where the house was that the alleged attempted assault occurred. If anything like that had happened to me in high school, I would have remembered at least the last name of the people who owned the house where that party happened at.

Meanwhile, just last week I talked to a woman who remembered the summer of '64 as being the best summer of her life. And that she and her late best friend of the time had shared the memories of that summer last year. She was 12 years old at the time, and she still loves going over the fun she had back then.

So how can Ford not remember any details about the address and the owners of that house? If anything, it would be logical to remember those facts in order to avoid going back there and getting "triggered" by the bad memories there.
Her own friends refuted her story.
The woman she claims was a witness said she was never there.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:54 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,993,989 times
Quote:
[/b]QUOTE=TheMoreYouKnow;55673323]And once again, this is why you pathetic people deserve to lose. Take your meds, you're losing it.
YOU posted that picture. Get some new glasses![/quote]

I posted a picture of a Supreme Court Justice getting sworn in and some ingrate attacked a child.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:03 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,072,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
God, if I could tell you all the times I was in 'uncomfortable' situations. I could have been raped so many times. One time, in high school I was at a party and went home with a coworker's brother. His parents were upstairs asleep and we were making out in the family room and he was trying to get me to go further, which I refused. He went into the bathroom and came out naked. Completely NAKED. And you know what I did? I left. Not all in a huff. I kind of thought it was funny.
EXACTLY. Ford's performance was a joke.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:23 PM

77,970 posts, read 60,134,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
We are not Kavanaugh supporters. We are rule of law supporters. We are innocent until PROVEN guilty supporters. Sad you don't know the difference.
Yeah, we can lay out a clear case why there is literally zero evidence other than a partisan from the rival political party saying so....and with nothing to rebut our claims the poster then accuses us of being the ones that are biased in favor of the accused that has nothing with any evidence backing them up.

Nothing like a hard-core partisan when presented with a factual rebuttal defaults to their own biases and accuses others of taking political sides.

Again, Kamala Harris tried to murder me in California a couple years back. My claim has as much evidence to it Ford's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies