Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 05:09 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times

Advertisements

I was so furious and frustrated that she wasn't properly heeded, but at least she made a lasting impression that, like Anita Hill, helps us in the long run.

(By the way, I don't know what truly happened with the supposed offer to meet privately with the committee, even in California, but I've wondered if she was smart enough to know that her only safety lay in public hearings. If she'd met with them privately, they would have ensured that she was never widely heard.)

Kavanaugh the Most Unpopular Supreme Court Nominee Ever
https://www.politicususa.com/2018/09...inee-ever.html

Majority of Americans disapprove of Brett Kavanaugh, want further investigation
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...newstopstories
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 05:11 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,508 times
She made a lasting impression all right. Just not the one you think.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:14 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Ford was a fake actress the whole time. A lot of people just didn't buy whatever account she had, and we all know that this was nothing more than silly delay tactics on the part of the Dems. Meanwhile, Kavanaugh is finally confirmed and it's time to take care of America's business.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:15 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Americans are getting their wish.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...h-circuit.html

It also makes you wonder, if the majority of Americans disapprove of Kavanaugh, where is all this so-called renewed right wing enthusiasm coming into the mid-terms that the right touting coming from? Wishful thinking?

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
I hope she knows that her testimony was not in vain. She gave so many women the courage to come forward and speak their truth.

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,643 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Isn’t there a thread?

Old 10-12-2018, 05:17 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I hope she knows that her testimony was not in vain. She gave so many women the courage to come forward and speak their truth.
More likely that she damaged the credibility of future victims. Including real ones. That's the saddest part.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:18 PM

25,568 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
................It also makes you wonder, if the majority of Americans disapprove of Kavanaugh, where all this so-called renewed right wing enthusiasm coming into the mid-terms that the right is touting is coming from. Wishful thinking?
The "majority of Americans" don't vote.
65 million Republican votes can run the country and get things done. And we like Kavanaugh.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:18 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Ford was a fake actress the whole time. A lot of people just didn't buy whatever account she had, and we all know that this was nothing more than silly delay tactics on the part of the Dems. Meanwhile, Kavanaugh is finally confirmed and it's time to take care of America's business.
Sure, "a lot" didn't believe her.

But more believed her than not. So, I dunno, maybe 200,000,000 people?

More Believe Ford Than Kavanaugh
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03/65405...hift-from-1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Americans are getting their wish.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...h-circuit.html
It also makes you wonder, if the majority of Americans disapprove of Kavanaugh, where is all this so-called renewed right wing enthusiasm coming into the mid-terms that the right touting coming from? Wishful thinking?
Maybe it's just the righties are so noisy? It often seems that way in this forum.

But I also think it's possible to overall fall for Trump's con, yet still - especially if you're a woman - understand and relate to CBF's evidence. I also think it's possible to be sucked in my Trump's financial fantasies, yet object to something specifically objectionable, like when seeing the proof that Kavanaugh had lied.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:19 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
More likely that she damaged the credibility of future victims. Including real ones. That's the saddest part.
Nope, not at all. Women and their experience of sexual assault matter.

Here’s Why White Women Are Abandoning the GOP

On Thursday, during a break in Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony, a woman called out to Senator Lindsey Graham that she had been raped in the past. “I’m so sorry,” Graham responded as he ducked into an elevator. “You needed to tell the cops.”

Such casual indifference to women’s mistreatment is visible not only in the Republicans’ endorsement of Kavanaugh, but also in the party’s general dismissal of the #MeToo movement and the president’s obvious sympathy for accused men over accusing women.

Since Ford has come forward with her allegations against Kavanaugh, Republicans in Washington have questioned her story because she didn’t speak out sooner. But if the Republican message to women is that they need to speak up, they might not like what they have to say this November.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...vember/571720/

Married Women May Be Moving Away From The GOP

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/02/65143...y-from-the-gop

Women are angry at Trump and his party. And it's not just about Kavanaugh
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/09/polit...rms/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies