Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 12:13 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times

Advertisements

This is an intelligent, thoughtful, logical article for intelligent, thoughtful, logical people. Trolls can go play in the cesspool.

Teaser excerpts to entice you to read the whole thing:

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein created the special counsel under fraudulent pretense. That origination material (Ohr 302's, FISA pages, origination EC, and Page/Strzok messages) is now a risk to the Deputy AG.

But from the perspective of leverage, Rosenstein is the key because he created the special counsel part of the hoax and because – as a result of A.G. Sessions's recusal – he remains in charge of the special counsel operation. Rosenstein can exercise as much or as little control over Mueller as he wants. Trump's threat of declassification of the "origination material" gives Trump complete leverage over Rosenstein and therefore over Mueller.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._leverage.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 12:46 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
We knew all that a year ago...there was never a statutory justification for the appt of special counsel...it says what that is right in the statute. They didn't meet the criteria for the special counsel in the first place because there was no evidence of a crime.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:46 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Yes, this is why Trump is very publicly saying he, and Rosenstein have a much better working relationship now.

This is also why team McCabe have been leaking stories to the NYT trying to pin the coup attempt on Rosenstein.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:49 AM

21,938 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
We knew all that a year ago...there was never a statutory justification for the appt of special counsel...it says what that is right in the statute. They didn't meet the criteria for the special counsel in the first place because there was no evidence of a crime.
We maybe suspected it a year ago but we didn't have concrete proof of all of it and now we do. EVERY AMERICAN should be outraged by this plot to overthrow a duly elected President. And if you aren't, it obviously means you are a Democrat. I hope something as outrageous as this happens to your side on day. This is the worse abuse of power I have seen in my 55 years. Watergate on steroids.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:50 AM

21,938 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, this is why Trump is very publicly saying he, and Rosenstein have a much better working relationship now.

This is also why team McCabe have been leaking stories to the NYT trying to pin the coup attempt on Rosenstein.
So do you not believe RR was responsible for it? He did, after all, sign off on the 4th FISA warrant. ALL of the 4 signers knew exactly what they were doing.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:56 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
It will be interesting to see if this truce holds after the November elections.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:29 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
So do you not believe RR was responsible for it? He did, after all, sign off on the 4th FISA warrant. ALL of the 4 signers knew exactly what they were doing.
I honestly don't know the level of RR's involvement, I go back, and forth about what I think of him.

I think RR has involvement, but I think most of this was coming from people within the FBI (McCabe and gang).

I think its pretty likely that RR has agreed to work with Trump to some extent to clean up the mess, then he will resign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It will be interesting to see if this truce holds after the November elections.
I expect things to heat back up after the midterms. Keep an eye on the IG, will he expose the problems, and RR, and Sessions resign, or will there be a further fight, and declassification to expose what happened.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:07 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
This all sounds a little too Q Anon type thinking for me.

Nonetheless, when Trump stated that he would declassify the documents, suddenly we stopped hearing about "muh Russian collusion" and the left and MSM started concentrating on other topics to try to bring down people that they didn't want.

IF what they wrote about the FBI and Kavanaugh is true, then it confirms my own suspicions about those documents. The FBI, as we all saw, was filled with people against Trump. I had my doubts if we would get a fair investigation or if the FBI would continue it's anti-Trump garbage it's been doing. I think the Dems were counting on the FBI to still be in their corner.

I understand that is a conspiracy theory, but after all that we've seen from the FBI since Trump got elected, it's not a far fetched one.

I do agree that Trump has leverage right now. And I do enjoy watching fools on the left convinced that Trump will destroy himself - no, he won't. The left is going to over play their hand again and again, and then one day, things will get exposed that they don't want exposed. And then the whole world will get to see just who is destroying our countries.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:13 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
I honestly think it is because Trump just does not care. He is not, nor has he ever been a targe of anything. As long as the dims keep thnking they are going to oust him though Muellar, the don't focus on things that might actually bring them success. Let them keep it all going. Leave the documents classified, put up no opposition besides twitter, and let everything roll.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:42 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Didn't several attorneys from Mueller's team leave already? I thought that was why people assumed the investigation was winding down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies