Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 11:31 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
US President Donald Trump told supporters Tuesday that Saudi Arabia and its King would not last "two weeks" in power without American military support and appeared to call on the country to pay more for its own defense.
The "Petro Dollar" is tied to a 1973-74 "Saudi - American Agreement".
Quote:
That arrangement dates back to 1973-74, when Saudi Arabia and other regional oil suppliers, in exchange for sustained U.S. military aid and equipment, agreed to exclusively accept the Greenback for oil sales and—perhaps most importantly—to invest their oil revenues into U.S. treasuries.
Well... the whole of the world needs "OIL"... and China has about 217 million cars on the road and a robust Industrial complex... as does much of the Asian countries, and other countries around the world, have "oil fueled economies". If Saudi decided the break the agreement of selling Oil based on Dollars, it still will have a Global system of customers. and OPEC as a whole will follow suit.... America is not the Center of the World.

Technology and Information is available "Globally".... The world knows America is in debt above it's own GDP... so people should not continue to think the world is crazy and unaware.

The E.U. has already established means to Trade with Iran, regardless of American Sanction.. and the world will find a way to Trade with Saudi Arabia... regardless of what American say's or what it does.

We don't own the Oil... and we don't control the world in the ways some think. The nations of the world have been crafting a new set of "cooperative agreements" and since the Trade War Trump created, they are stepping up the game of building even more Cooperative Agreement that can be made immune to American sanctions.

We need to be thinking "DIPLOMACY" not arrogant talk. If we look at the future, our best way forward is "DIPLOMACY", as that is what may give the world better confidence in the U.S. Currency.

https://globaltradefunding.com/news/...erve-currency/

https://www.rt.com/business/427177-w...ing-us-dollar/

Old 10-13-2018, 12:43 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Trump doesn’t do diplomacy because he does not understand it, has no concept of even what it is. His loyalists don’t either.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:14 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
I think the Washington Post should send Dana Milbank and George Will to Turkey and Saudi Arabia to investigate what happened to that journalist. I was going to suggest Chris Cillizza, too, but apparently he couldn't stand the hypocrisy of the Washington Post and interviewing all of those unnamed sources and went to work for CNN, that cable network that stands for truth, justice and the American way, when I wasn't paying attention.

Say, where was Hillary Clinton when that Washington Post journalist went missing?

Old 10-13-2018, 01:26 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think the Washington Post should send Dana Milbank and George Will to Turkey and Saudi Arabia to investigate what happened to that journalist. I was going to suggest Chris Cillizza, too, but apparently he couldn't stand the hypocrisy of the Washington Post and interviewing all of those unnamed sources and went to work for CNN, that cable network that stands for truth, justice and the American way, when I wasn't paying attention.

Say, where was Hillary Clinton when that Washington Post journalist went missing?

Where were all of Trump's peeps? They're the ones who have issues with a free press.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:28 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Trump doesn’t do diplomacy because he does not understand it, has no concept of even what it is. His loyalists don’t either.
Multi billion dollar global business empires are always formed due to not understanding diplomacy huh? Not even a F'in concept huh?

Knock it off with your lame virtue signalling, it just makes you look weak and pathetic..

Old 10-13-2018, 01:35 PM

45,328 posts, read 60,500,026 times
So let me track this:
The Saudis have been bad guys for years due to a number of reasons, not least that the current President has spoken kindly of them.
BUT:
Now they're good guys because the current President has raised doubts about them.

I'm dizzy now. How many times have a couple of you posters criticized the relationship, going back to at least Truman, the US and Saudi Arabia has and demanded it end?

Old 10-13-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
So let me track this:
The Saudis have been bad guys for years due to a number of reasons, not least that the current President has spoken kindly of them.
BUT:
Now they're good guys because the current President has raised doubts about them.

I'm dizzy now.
How many times have a couple of you posters criticized the relationship, going back to at least Truman, the US and Saudi Arabia has and demanded it end?

"I like then very much" is raising doubts about them? I guess you really are dizzy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.318955bb5646

Old 10-13-2018, 01:56 PM

45,328 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
"I like then very much" is raising doubts about them?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.318955bb5646
I would say that saying they wouldn't last two weeks without US support overrules liking them very much. The latter is the subject of this thread.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I would say that saying they wouldn't last two weeks without US support overrules liking them very much. The latter is the subject of this thread.

The thread is about what Trump says which is often diametrically opposed within hours, IOW, it's often
pure BS.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:13 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
From what I read, the guy activated his Apple watch, so his execution was sent.

Trump said we cannot do much because the Saudis buy stuff from us and they would just buy elsewhere. He doesn't want to give up the jobs.

A friend was bidding on a job his wife thought was unethical. He finally understood her position when she asked him if he would have built ovens for the Germans because somebody was gonna get that work?

We need to tell the Saudis for once and for all to kiss our butts. One would think sponsoring 9-11 would have been reason enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies