Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 10:07 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The ones who they interviewed don't speak English, many of them have very large families, many of the adults appear extremely unhealthy.

Many of them in the caravan of large number of babies and children that they can't afford and appear bloated from different health conditions.
They'll fit right in at Waffle House and Shoneys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 10:07 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,230,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well if we had a private property society with private borders and no welfare schemes, their arrival (or attempted arrival) wouldn't pose any problem to you.
If you think a govt wall is going stop people from coming here and benefiting from your tax dollars, guess again.
How's that going to prevent infectious disease, overcrowding, crime, drugs, etc from being brought into this "private property society"??

And you do realize that such a society could still have a border which is enforced, right? Private property owner at the border could simply refuse to allow anyone to enter their property...so the border could be exactly as it is today.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:49 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,838,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
This type of immigration issue is what should be more of a priority.
It is just tourism, not immigration.

My issue with this is that my relatives and friends go the legal way, expend the resources to do so, and also get denied a visa to the US. Yet you have these Hondurans and others, and those who support them, think they are special, and should not have to go through the same things my relatives, friends, and numerous others go through, and that is enter the country legally.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:51 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
Great, there go my property taxes again.

Old 10-13-2018, 11:41 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,604,576 times
Plenty of time to get the machine guns set up.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:05 AM

477 posts, read 277,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

My issue with this is that my relatives and friends go the legal way, expend the resources to do so, and also get denied a visa to the US. Yet you have these Hondurans and others, and those who support them, think they are special, and should not have to go through the same things my relatives, friends, and numerous others go through, and that is enter the country legally.
Are these Hondurans bringing ANY useful skill with them that warrants their entry and benefit to the USA as a whole? We already have plenty on the dole, plenty of our own low-skilled workers, and plenty of our own criminals.

We have an immigration policy for a reason. We can always use more medical doctors...

Those folks en route need to be intercepted, given some food and water, and turned right back around.

Last I checked we have PLENTY of our own homeless, unemployed, low-skilled, English-deficient citizens already on US soil.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:16 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,203,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

It is not illegal to seek asylum. I don't think this huge parade of people are trying to sneak in. I support immigration reform but it is inncorrect to claim those seeking refugee status are illegals.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:23 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,838,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
It is not illegal to seek asylum. I don't think this huge parade of people are trying to sneak in. I support immigration reform but it is inncorrect to claim those seeking refugee status are illegals.
Claiming refugee status is just a tactic used by them. If they are true refugees, they would claim it in Mexico, or whatever the first country of safety they enter.

They are now advised to use this tactic in hopes of getting released into the US until their hearing, thus disappearing.

Refugees? Sure then, hold them in detention, years if needed, until their case is resolved.

There is no immigration reform needed, what reform is needed? The only thing needed is to enforce the damn laws, and quit catering to them.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:04 AM

57,356 posts, read 26,263,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If you actually paid taxes you probably wouldn’t want to hand over hundreds of millions if dollars.
The point I was making was that we should be doing more to address the reasons why they are leaving instead of attempts to block them once they arrive. Evidently the problems are pretty serious for a family to walk from Honduras to the US, that is a long walk.

If conditions were better in these countries they wouldn't come here in the first place, instead of deporting them once they get here we should address the cause.

Last edited by Goodnight; 10-14-2018 at 05:32 AM..

Old 10-14-2018, 05:34 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,481,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
If the left actually believed that a wall doesn't work, they wouldn't be up in arms about the building of the wall in the first place. It's not like they're paying for it, remember.
An illegal immigrant was deported for the fourth time when he was found in Pittsburgh staying with family members. When asked how he was getting across the border he said he uses forged documents. Maybe the left doesn`t like throwing billions of dollars away for a useless wall.I know, Mexico is going to pay for a wall for righties to cower behind, not us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies