Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2018, 10:15 AM

33,220 posts, read 12,446,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No. I am correct. Hillary had a lot of baggage and was a flawed candidate. She should have never been the nominee. Why do you think many Democrats voted for Trump.
^^^^^ I rarely agree with you, but I do re the above (and I'm not a member of either party and didn't vote for either one of them).

Additionally, if the goal was to get the most votes to win, rather than to win the electoral college, Trump might have campaigned differently. Who knows if the results would have been different, but he might have changed his campaign.

I also agree with Mathguy and others who think Hillary will (or may) run again in 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The Dems should bolster their waning coffers by offering Hillary Halloween Masks (TM). That would scare the hell out of almost anyone on a cold, dark All Hallow's Eve.
LOL.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:21 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,903,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Please do not pawn off your presidential losers on 'liberals'. NONE of the above were EVER liberals nor were they ever be. 4500 dead in Iraq lies with W.

Republicans must have someone to hate in order to motivate their base. That's all they have.
Yes, that is all the R's have, other than, of course, the White House, The house, the senate, and the Supreme Court. We also have Trump, continuing to Make America Great again..

The R's love crooked hillary and anti-American traitor obama, they are two big reasons the R's have everything wrapped up, for at least six more years..
thank you, thank you, thank you....

Old 10-14-2018, 10:23 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,224,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Democrats know Hillary Clinton is irrelevant.

Too bad Republicans haven't gotten the memo.
Actually, it's too bad that Hillary the mouth herself hasn't gotten the memo.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. I am a politically active Democrat, and we have not been talking about her at all at the campaign rallies at all. We have been talking about the issues we face and the candidates who are running. The people who are STILL obsessed with her are Republicans. I suspect they are upset because Trump lost the popular vote to a mere woman
If the media weren't obsessed with Hillary, she wouldn't be able to get any media attention when she does seek it....and she can get media attention any time she wants it.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:45 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,077,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
I wouldn't put money on that. I live in one of those blue turned red states and Trump is hugely popular here, if anything more so than when he won the election.

I think this is right. I think Trump might get re-elected and I hope he does. The economy and jobs market is so strong right now he might even be a shoe-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Please do not pawn off your presidential losers on 'liberals'. NONE of the above were EVER liberals nor were they ever be. 4500 dead in Iraq lies with W.

Liberals are exactly what 41, 43 and Jeb are/were.

I posted it before and I'll post it again:
Quote:
"The Liberal Leanings of George W. Bush"
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rticle1086586/

All three of those stains on this country are/were anti-America globalists, as well (which in general, is what all liberals stand for today in America).

Old 10-14-2018, 11:24 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,838,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This is what I don't understand about this whole thing. Half the country is strongly against Trump but the half that is for him refuses to listen to why that might be the case. There is the assumption that us who see Trump as a con artist have something wrong with us. Yet, you claim with the other side of your mouth that Hillary is all these horrible things and don't see in inconsistency in your own belief structure. If you are correct about Hillary isn't it possible that other people are correct about Trump? In fact, isn't it likely? How have you avoided pitfalls that others have fallen into? This works in reverse too. I was a Bernie supporter and the noise made about Hillary caused me to try and verify some of the things said for my own information even though there was no way I was voting for an authoritarian.

The above is why I go back and forth with this being a satire site.
You lost me at "half the country is strongly against Trump". If you believe that lie nothing a Trump supporter can say will seem legitimate.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I suspect they are upset because Trump lost the popular vote to a mere woman
No, he is offended that illegals were bribed by Democrats to vote for them and some even more than once.

Surely you know she did not win the popular vote.

Democrats can try and ignore Pillosi and not talk about her, but she ain't going away quietly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The Dems should bolster their waning coffers by offering Hillary Halloween Masks (TM). That would scare the hell out of almost anyone on a cold, dark All Hallow's Eve.
Most of her supporters don't need masks.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:40 AM

15,811 posts, read 6,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
You lost me at "half the country is strongly against Trump". If you believe that lie nothing a Trump supporter can say will seem legitimate.
It's my personal observation so i'm not saying it's accurate. What percentage of the population do you see as being against this presidency?

Old 10-14-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It's my personal observation so i'm not saying it's accurate. What percentage of the population do you see as being against this presidency?
Possibly 25-35%. Even many of those who are not conservative like Trump because he is doing what he said he would do and because he is helping Americans, not just conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies