Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 09:58 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Not when it's true.And if your only defense of the woman is to lecture me on insulting a lying politician, then you don't have a defense. You have an ad hominem. And yes I am a Trump supporter. Of of 10s of millions. And that is what you are really mad about, since, your response wasn't about what I said, but the fact that I said it at all.

Pocahontas is a liar. She claimed to be of Cherokee heritage. Now the leftists who support her without question, make up some lying nonsense to give her cover. I'm willing to bet that anyone in the USA is 1/1024th anything. It's complete nonsense.
WK, I don't give a damn who you vote for. But, it is pretty rich to support a liar and criticize some woman (be she a senator or a sales clerk) for telling people she had native american ancestors when she in fact DOES have native american ancestors.

It's just weird. Really, really weird.

She made no claims to get money, a job, etc around her family's genetics. Which is why it's freaking rich that people keep harping on this crap.

It's because it's something Trump harped on. Just like his Birther movement harped on Obama and how he wasn't a citizen, yet... HE IS.

Being mean just to be mean is very odd for a politician to do. Tends to turn people off them, and yet.... there are people who love the meanness that Trump displays and I think it says way more about them than him.

They enjoy that he's hateful.

Why? (That's a rhetorical question... I already know why)

Old 10-16-2018, 09:58 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Nevertheless, the powers that be in the Cherokee world, who put out the press release, really haven't changed how they feel.
They have their on criteria to determine who is or is not a tribal member you're conflating two separate issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 09:59 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Well, it is possible that Rachel has more African in her than Liz has Native.
And more Cherokee and Native American than Elizabeth Warren as well. In fact, Rachel Dolezel almost certainly has more of both than Warren does.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Hmmm, did you attend, or graduate from Harvard
You want to tell me what that has to do with this conversation?

One need not attend Harvard to have a basic understanding of family oral histories, DNA, and faculty profiles that colleges write to introduce the staff.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:02 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
That, or they don't really believe what is coming out of his mouth and just like to pretend that they do in order to troll progressives.

On this particular topic most people on this board are clueless and don't even grasp the basics which is fine but there are a couple of them masquerading around pretending to know what they're talking about when in reality they're lost and grasping at anything in print that supports what they want to be so.

There are detailed genealogical records on Warren and detailed genealogical records for the Cherokees, which is the tribe that she has in the past claimed to be descendant from.

Also, the DNA that was used as a comparison was not even North American Native DNA, and the Cherokee Nation has gone public to call B.S. on her claims.

But this can be taken further, by examining the veracity of the test she has taken, even though this test also proves that she is not what she has claimed to be.

If the people of Massachusetts have any sense of shame at all, they will vote her out of her Senate seat on November 6, 2018. She is running this year.

18,447 posts, read 8,275,501 times
for crying out loud.....Warren claimed her parents were 'oppressed' because her mother was Cherokee Indian....
...she said her mother was

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...84076439879680

Old 10-16-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
She claimed to be NA in the Association of American Law Schools directory but it turns out she's less than 1% NA. That's a problem.
I don't know why she was listed that way, but I do know that Harvard has come out and publicly stated this had nothing to do with her hiring or career there, so I really don't care... but you probably do.

Because, why not?

I mean, run the topic into the ground.

Me, I don't want Warren to run for POTUS. I have my reasons, but I have never wanted her to run.

It sure seems like there are people who are more concerned about that possibility than I am, or who are trying to encourage it... take your pick.

I don't think she'll run.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:07 AM

Here is a video where Warren identifies herself on camera to be of Cherokee heritage:

Old 10-16-2018, 10:07 AM

She never sought nor seems to be planning to seek, membership in any tribe. Why does this crap keep coming up again and again?

I think the Cherokee Nation has some political motives themselves. They supported her last election in 2012, and now they have a problem when she has no more claimed membership today than she did back then?

Funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies