Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 03:58 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,089,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Trump was having that lunatic meeting with Kanye during Hurricane Michael. Of course, the GOP seem to really have their priorities in line. Can't you tell?

He had already set in motion, everything needed to assist in the relief efforts and had expressed that he wasn't going to go there until his presence wouldn't be a strain on resources....but don't let facts get in your way or your hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 03:58 PM

34,935 posts, read 36,062,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Same here re the bolded. And, for me, Hillary as well. But it's not because they are women. For example, I don't feel that way about Kirstin Gillibrand.
Don't tell anyone, but I never wanted Clinton to run. Once she was defeated by Obama, she should have called it a day.

I like Gillibrand.

I don't want to sound ageist, but I also appreciate that she's not eligible for Social Security yet.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
If Rachel Dolezal found out she had 1/1024th African American blood, would anyone other than herself say she was black?
Course not. But, she would not be wrong if she said she had black ancestors.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:00 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,218,392 times
The backlash compilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQQ0y1EATsQ

19,573 posts, read 8,442,952 times
Quote:
You may be... particularly if you're white and crave bland food.

That said, I'm pretty sure I'm 1/32 (6.25%) Cherokee myself, but I don't really put it on any forms because that would be stupid.
I am 3/16 (18.75%) Cherokee myself, but don't put it on any forms, because that would be stupid. Elizabeth Warren has no confirmed Cherokee blood at all, but her test suggest she may have 1/1,024 (0.09%) of some sort of unspecified Native Central or South American ancestry.

If it is too stupid for me to claim this ancestry on forms at 18.75%, and it is too stupid for you to claim this ancestry on forms at 6.25%, what is it when Elizabeth Warren claims this ancestry at 0.09%, and cannot even trace that tiny bit to any actual specific Cherokee ancestors at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I'm not sure the left created her. I'd say a segment of the left. I just hope this latest brouhaha will discourage her from running for POTUS
AGREED. I really do not want her running. I mean, really... let anyone run but her or Clinton again.. or, really, anyone with a huge following of people who loathe them because why go in with baggage?

Old 10-16-2018, 04:01 PM

24,508 posts, read 17,962,799 times
Quote:
I actually don't think it is entirely one-sided. I just don't think it is nearly the huge deal it is made out to be and it alarms me that a US president refers to a Senator as "Pocahontas."

Would it be okay if he referred to a Cory Booker as "Kunte Kinte?"

I mean, you see my point, eh?

It's just a really messy business. I don't want her running for POTUS and I'll do all but vote for Trump to avoid her being elected. If she makes it onto the Dem ballot and she's running against him, I'll vote for her solely because I'm 100% confident that she's the most honest of the two candidates and the most educated and articulate and that'll be that, but I would not want her at all.

This is pretty much exactly my point of view. Elizabeth Warren would be an awful candidate. I don't want her to get the nomination any more than I wanted Hillary to get the nomination. Trump is a national disgrace. It's daily buffoonery. All the world leaders laughed at him at the UN. The sooner Trump and his total corruption are gone, the better. Assuming the Republicans lose the House in 3 weeks, I don't see how Trump survives a detailed examination of his finances. You can't have a President who propped up his failed empire laundering Russian mob money.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:04 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,487,946 times
Even the Huffington Post thinks Warren's claim is a sham...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b055bc947a6e13
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0876eda9a72e1

Sadder yet are the comments on each article. People vehemently disagreeing with the authors... LOL

Old 10-16-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Not to go off topic...but I'm blown away right now. That Cherokee Nation Secretary of State looks so much like my biological older brother. (Obviously he's more white than this guy, but everything else is so similar.) Unlike Warren, I'm not going to use that to claim I'm Cherokee now, I am just stunned at how similar they look. Our one ancestor was Choctaw, not Cherokee, anyway. (And as I've said, that one person in our lineage does not make us Choctaw - which we know because we are not liars.)
I think there's a lot of intermixing here in this melting pot.

That said, my great-grandma on mom's side was 1/4 Cherokee. I've never claimed to be one, either. I didn't grow up in Cherokee traditions or on a reservation.

I think it's kinda cool that my great-grandma's father was 1/2 Cherokee, but she never knew her grandparents and I think it was his dad who was part of the nation, so really, she didn't come up with any of the tribal traditions, either.

Her dad was removed from it because he "passed" as a white guy. As is often the case. I never knew him, of course, but I knew her... she died when I was in my early 20s.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:05 PM

8,058 posts, read 3,907,054 times
Quote:
I think what the average person in MA who dislikes her calls her isn't at all the same thing as having a US President who refers to a Senator in such an inappropriate way in public.

If he wants to do it privately, that's his personal business.

It just looks bad, because he's making fun of her AND of Pocahontas, all at the same time.

Not true... any 'woke' 2-year-old can distinguish between the Powhatan and Pretendian tribes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies