Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 09:35 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,645,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
That is only a skin-deep assessment of their response. The messaging is such that they are trying to distance themselves from her claims.
Which they should. She is not a member of the tribe. She only has a small amount of ancestry that is american indian. Their job is to advocate for their tribe members. If I say I have Irish heritage, no one expects Ireland to treat me as one of their citizens or to embrace me as a citizen. Yet, Warren says she has Indian ancestry, and some how the fact that she is not a citizen is some how damning. Why the double standard?

Quote:
They may have explicitly said that the DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship, but what they implied was: "We think what you did was despicable, and we want you to stop using our status as Native Americans to your advantage, Mrs. 1/200th Native American..."
Actually, 6th generation would be 1/64th but moving on. She didn't use it to her advantage. As has been stated multiple times the people who hired her did so as a white woman. And make no mistake, being a woman and a professor at Harvard Law made her minority in the school already. What a single spoke person said in a single article YEARS after she was hired does not reflect on Senator Warren except in the minds of those who already have an axe to grind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 09:37 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,454,019 times
The New York Times:

The Elizabeth Warren Fiasco

The possible Democratic front-runner plays Trump’s game — and loses.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:45 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,645,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
If E. Warren came back with a true fact that she WAS 20% - 25% or something very close to that percentage of being a Native American, I would say Trump needs to put up the money, but the plain truth is that she's less than 1% Native American... She's basically 99.9% White.... I don't think you can be Whiter than that, being of European-American descent.

My father is African-American with deep Southern roots and from my DNA from him, he was around 20% White. As somebody already stated in this thread, could my father claim he was White? If we're now using the "New Elizabeth Warren Rule," he could, which honestly is beyond stupid because he's not White... He was born in late 1920s and I'm pretty sure if he claimed to be White, they would have either killed him or locked him up for being crazy.

I'm pretty sure E. Warren next move is to go back and try to use the old Southern Democrat slavery rule of "one drop" of colored blood... Please correct me, but wasn't that rule only used against African Americans only??
She said she has Cherokee and Delaware ancestry. She has some sort of American Indian ancestry. She did not say she was a member of either tribe, that she was a citizen of either nation, etc. In fact this whole notion of claiming ancestry now means you are a citizen is a novel argument being used specifically against Senator Warren.

I have Irish ancestry on my mother's side. That does not mean I am claiming to be "Irish" of any certain percentage, it certainly does not mean I am trying to claim citizenship in Ireland.

I have a student whose great great grandfather was born in Japan and immigrated here long before most Asians did. His family story is dominated by that particular ancestor (and his last name is Japanese) and his unique story despite the fact that all of the other ancestors have been white. Does that mean this student can't take pride in his family history? Is he not "Japanese" enough to mention that he has Japanese ancestry? Is he trying to be treated as a minority despite his blonde hair and blue eyes by not adopting a name more representative of his ethnicity?

Old 10-17-2018, 09:50 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,453,093 times
What an idiot. Why did she release that info? She just killed her career.

FWIW one of my best friends is 25% Eskimo, he is probably the most die hard republican I know. He doesn't float his heritage around. He thinks all the liberal bs of of changing sports teams etc is garbage.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:01 AM

36,858 posts, read 17,236,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The New York Times:

The Elizabeth Warren Fiasco

The possible Democratic front-runner plays Trump’s game — and loses.
This is what it boils down to and what I don't understand. I said the exact same thing when it happened.

She tried to out-Trump Trump himself.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:06 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,047,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
howling laughing....it's Trump's fault!
Where exactly did I say that?

It's her fault for playing into his hands.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:08 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,313,757 times
Tucker Carlson: Elizabeth Warren Roughly About As American Indian As Virtually Every White Person

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...te_person.html

Old 10-17-2018, 10:09 AM

36,858 posts, read 17,236,584 times
Poor Pocahontas. The liberal media continues to bury her.

HuffPo: Elizabeth Warren Just Proved She Can’t Beat Donald Trump In 2020

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b055bc947b4a70

Old 10-17-2018, 10:15 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,072,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
She said she has Cherokee and Delaware ancestry. She has some sort of American Indian ancestry. She did not say she was a member of either tribe, that she was a citizen of either nation, etc. In fact this whole notion of claiming ancestry now means you are a citizen is a novel argument being used specifically against Senator Warren.

You are appealing to common sense in one area and resorting to technicalities in another. Clearly she was under the impression (to give her benefit of the doubt) that she was much more Native American than she actually is.

It is one thing to mention you have a small part of ancestry without claiming to be a member of the ethnic group but that isn't what she has done. When you put down Native American on forms and documents you are not saying you have an eeny teeny tiny trace of blood but that you meet the criteria for qualifying as that ethnic minority. And there are numerous examples of her doing that.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:18 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,103,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Are you trying to tell us that Cher is not of Cherokee ancestry? No way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Neither Cherokee nor Roma. Just a truck driver’s daughter from El Centro.
That's a bunch of bs, Yeledaf. She looked even more Cherokee before she got her nose job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is actually Shiva, who is 11+ up on her in the polls for Senate, that has been calling her out for a year. Even sending her DNA test kits.
These are up everywhere all over Massachusetts. Warren sued to have them removed and lost.
Those are hysterical!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies