Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 06:37 PM

11,158 posts, read 10,923,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'll be able to watch the Seahawks and Trailblazers again. When he announced recently that he was donating $100,000. to the Republicans, to help them maintain their majority in congress, I had to cross them off my viewing list. When I bought a copy of Windows 10, I was helping him destroy America.
So dramatic! As a conservative, if I followed that same protocol with every actor or musician whose political views differed from mine, I would be really sucking in terms of entertainment. Fortunately, I can separate the person from their artistic achievements. Now, if they are ultra political in their art, like Rage Against the Machine, that is different. As far as an entire sports team, if you were really a true fan, you would not let something as stupid as politics get in the way. I also really hope you didn't lose too much sleep after buying Windows 10. That would suck in today's technology driven world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 07:15 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,553,437 times
That's too bad. He seemed like a good guy.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:20 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,595,087 times
I heard on radio, he's left a lot of his fortune to the Seattle homeless population. Too bad, so young in today's world. I know this is not about Paul but being in alternative medicine I feel so many can be saved from cancers by taking powerful antioxidants and when I hear of these young well known deaths I go to that subject in my mind.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:24 PM

29,180 posts, read 22,188,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Even a billionaire can't buy off Death!
Death comes to us all, but Allen lived a mighty extravagant life. He could well afford it, and had so much money he could also give lots of it away.

Old 10-15-2018, 08:01 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,428,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
It happened to Steve Jobs too. Even the liver transplant only got him a few years.

My condolences.
Steve Jobs could have beaten his cancer, but tried to heal himself by juice drinks and meditation. The doctors said his liver cancer was initially beatable, but 18 months later, when he went back to the hospital, it was too late.

Paul Allen always looked ill to me. He has a huge aviation museum he put together himself. Seemed like a decent guy, too bad he has passed.

Old 10-15-2018, 08:36 PM

29,883 posts, read 18,721,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'll be able to watch the Seahawks and Trailblazers again. When he announced recently that he was donating $100,000. to the Republicans, to help them maintain their majority in congress, I had to cross them off my viewing list. When I bought a copy of Windows 10, I was helping him destroy America.
Congrats, you win the drama queen of the month award

Old 10-15-2018, 10:16 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Steve Jobs could have beaten his cancer, but tried to heal himself by juice drinks and meditation. The doctors said his liver cancer was initially beatable, but 18 months later, when he went back to the hospital, it was too late.

Paul Allen always looked ill to me. He has a huge aviation museum he put together himself. Seemed like a decent guy, too bad he has passed.
Jobs too, wonder if he took antioxidants? One can do a google search and find a lot of info on:

antioxidants and cancer prevention

I have lost friends and family to cancers and they went the total pharma cancer drugs and they lost their battles...the 5 or so I'm thinking of did NOT take the powerful antioxidants for prevention.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:28 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Wow. I heard this on the on the last half hour radio news.

I knew that his cancer had returned, but I didn't know that the treatment wasn't succeeding.

Condolences to his family (he had a sister, IIRC. Don't know if his parents are still alive. He never married, and I don't believe he had any kids).

I wonder what will happen with his philanthropic efforts?

To the Seattle Seahawks ?

To the Portland Trailblazers ?
Rest in peace Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies