Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 08:49 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Agree but not as miserable as the other female that claimed a 9 year old grabbed her butt. That was disgusting what she did to that little boy. I am surprised that article wasn't posted here.
Oh yeah, I'm with you on that. And once again, after the public gets hold of it, there's a fake apology which is meaningless.

Who puts a child through that and why would her mind automatically go there instead of assuming he accidentally bumped her with his backpack? People are just waiting to pounce....but we see the same response here, so no surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
She was drunk.
Again, you post as though you know or read something instead of adding, 'in my opinion' or 'I think'.

This is why you got called out yesterday.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:53 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,708,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
This really bugged me because I couldn't figure out how these two people ended up in this messy, sad situation. So I started googling last night on the phone ... and my strong guess is that the problem began with the DOG.

In one interview, she said was not exiting to walk the dog but that she'd been standing there with the door open. She had one of those extended leashes that allow pets to roam. Apparently, the bloody dog needed to pee.

It sure looks like there wasn't a vestibule but that the door opened directly to the street with the keypad on the building exterior. Some woman who lived in the building had been mugged last year right outside the door.

Now having the exterior door open isn't ideal for security for an open door attracts. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how at least one of them didn't have had the sense to close the door so he could buzz himself in. Instead this odd conversation ensued - on both their parts for he at times, perhaps upset, seemed to misunderstand her.

If the dog was still outside at the encounter beginning there was no way he could have buzzed himself in an open door. So his expectation that he simply be allowed to enter was not unreasonable.

There had been a series of memos instructing residents not to allow anyone who they didn't know into the building. So with the door already open (with presumably the dog still outside) she decided to try to establish his ownership. This is why she went down the road of asking to see his key fob.

She may well have viewed him not as a potential fellow resident who entered an outer door to a vestibule expecting to go thru the second ... but as someone literally from the street. Still, she was at fault. What she needed to do was retrieve the dog with a MAJOR apology due to this guy for the delay so he could properly buzz in.

I can understand how frustrating it was for the man, who new to the building and presumably unaware of the mugging and memos to see an open door with a woman standing there who then proceeded to question him.

He became angry and didn't help matters by appearing to "lie" to her about having buzzed himself in. Then pushed his way thru the door. He came thru the door just after he bent down to retrieve some sort of card so maybe she instinctively stepped back providing an opening of sorts. As they reached the elevators, he did say that she could call the police if she wanted. At some point the dog had reentered.

Both appear to be recasting the story a bit in their favor. She's taking no responsibility for standing there with the door open. The memos talk about not letting someone in the building who you do not know lives there. The memo intent surely was not that she personally establish tenancy (by seeing the key fop). He still maintains that he agreed to show her the fob, which I sure didn't see on the video.

At one point he said she accused him of assault for his pushing his way on in. She denies it. And that he's considering charges about a false accusation.

On the video, all that's heard is her saying "you've got to be kidding" as he pushed by her. Nothing about him touching her. Maybe "assault" is how the police phased it when they responded to her 911 call (or how she described it to the police).

I see this less an issue of racism than two people not communicating and in the end not taking responsibility. If she started this by holding the door open, then the burden was on HER to retrieve the dog with many apologies and explanations. The time to introduce herself as a neighbor was then not later in the hall. OTOH, even with an wacky neighbor the final burden always remained on the man to swipe himself in - assuming, of course, that he could with the dog now inside.

For what it's worth, her ex-husband to be (still legally married) is biracial (African-American).
Why make it about race only?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Maybe. But again, he could have been the bigger person. It may have been a good opportunity to humble that â€miserable human being.â€
He WAS the bigger person. He kept his cool the entire time and was more polite than most would have been.

He tried to appease her by telling her he lived there and then mentioning names of people in management. That wasn't enough.

Buckling to the demands of self-appointed Barney Fife's isn't being the bigger person. It's caving to someone who is likely to continue making more demands.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:03 AM

13,290 posts, read 7,841,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Yeah.....until something happens In college dorms, apartments, or workplaces that require key fobs, security always engrains it into people to not hold the doors open for strangers.

I thought the woman in the video acted like a jerk, and could have avoided the situation by just waiting to exit until he buzzed in. However, the principle of not holding the door for people you don’t know isn’t foreign. That’s what security/police tell you to do. It’s precaution not paranoia.
Yeah - But how about the people you DO know - By their badges!

"• On Oct. 5, 2014, an employee with valid access and a badge had their hands full and a contractor with valid access held the doors open, allowing the employee to piggyback."

https://missoulian.com/news/local/ro...c2628794f.html

Could be radioactive paranoia.

Thank the White House crew on the 911 thing, for their cooperation.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 10-17-2018 at 09:24 AM..

Old 10-17-2018, 09:17 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,789,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I think she had the hots for him.

I thought the same thing when I first saw this video - I thought she was trying to get with him but was too weird to just come out and flirt or something.

The whole video/her behavior was very strange. If you are afraid of someone, you don't follow them to their unit, stay with them on the elevator AND you especially don't tell them your apartment number...

Those trying to skew this are very odd too.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:20 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,167,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Again, you post as though you know or read something instead of adding, 'in my opinion' or 'I think'.

This is why you got called out yesterday.
You say that like I care. LOL.

She sounds drunk. I'm gonna assume she was drunk off her ass.

Drunk or stupid, or both... you can hold your assumptions. I'll hold mine.

I'm not under oath or a material witness. I'm just chatting on an internet forum, same as you.

Relax, man.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:27 AM

15,596 posts, read 10,340,827 times
as a woman who has lived in a building with key entry, I would never open the entry into my apartment building allowing someone I don't know, especially a large male, to follow me in. I'd hang back and let him go in with his key first or wait until he left the area before using my key to enter the building. that is common sense and a safety issue for females.

the LAST thing I would do is confront an unknown male who followed me into the building without a key while alone inside the building with no place to retreat if attacked by that male. her choices in the situation described made absolutely no sense to me if she was concerned about her personal safety.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-17-2018 at 09:38 AM..

Old 10-17-2018, 09:40 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,468,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
as a person who has lived in a building with key entry, I would never open the entry into my apartment building knowing someone I don't know, especially a large male, could follow me in. I'd hang back and let him go in with his key first or wait until he left the area before using my key to enter the building. that is common sense and a safety issue for females.

the LAST thing I would do is confront an unknown male who followed me into the building without a key while alone inside the building with no place to retreat if attacked by that male. her choices in the situation described made absolutely no sense to me.
I absolutely agree with you. For me though, I just let anybody in because I don't want to make enemies. (bad, I know.)

I used to live in a secured apt complex when I was in college. The leasing manager aka the realtors also live in that building. They had a office downstairs and one of the ladies told me very kindly that I shouldn't let anybody without a keypad enter the building. If I enjoyed the extra security of living in the building, then I need to do my part. I think she was right.

This woman in the story is a realtor, I highly doubt a realtor can afford a "racist" label. I believe 'racial profiling" label the media gave her is awfully unfair.

I'd say that "race relationship" (whatever that means) was the worst thing to have been blown out of proportion in the 21st century America. It is getting old and ridiculous.

I don't think this woman deserves to be fired nor do I think she is a racist of any kind (well, based on the video at least). I think she "thought" she was doing her job as a responsible resident living in that building. Then again, I also believe employers can fire her for whatever the reasons. Is it fair? No, but it is what it is.
Do I think she should forever be labeled as a racist? Oh, no, it is not fair to her.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:42 AM

365 posts, read 497,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I absolutely agree with you. For me though, I just let anybody in because I don't want to make enemies. (bad, I know.)

I used to live in a secured apt complex when I was in college. The leasing manager aka the realtors also live in that building. They had a office downstairs and one of the ladies told me very kindly that I shouldn't let anybody without a keypad enter the building. If I enjoyed the extra security of living in the building, then I need to do my part. I think she was right.

This woman in the story is a realtor, I highly doubt a realtor can afford a "racist" label. I believe 'racial profiling" label the media gave her is awfully unfair.

I'd say that "race relationship" (whatever that means) was the worst thing to have been blown out of proportion in the 21st century America. It is getting old and ridiculous.

I don't think this woman deserves to be fired nor do I think she is a racist of any kind (well, based on the video at least). I think she "thought" she was doing her job as a responsible resident living in that building. Then again, I also believe employers can fire her for whatever the reasons. Is it fair? No, but it is what it is.
Do I think she should forever be labeled as a racist? Oh, no, it is not fair to her.
Yeah, but why did she call police after he entered his apartment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies