Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 02:11 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Again, this the left eating itself on its finest...

They can't figure out who to white knight more, so they try to play all dumb as heck and just generalize the issue altogether...

I am loving it...

Just like when that black woman attacked an elderly Mexican sir in Los Angeles

Or when a black ICE agent was called the N word

Your post makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
So if the situation were reversed and a young black man was giving a white woman a hard time about entering her apartment building, physically blocking her from getting through the door, and following her to her apartment.....

You think Fox News talking heads like Hannity & Carlson wouldn't be all over this? And City-Data conservatives wouldn't have created a thread about it? Demonizing the "angry black man?" Absolutely they would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No he was not courteous. He was rude. A decent man would have buzzed in, then held the door for the woman and her dog.

If he felt the woman was going to accuse him of something, fine take out the camera. But nothing happened, and he posted it anyway.

You've said this man was rude several times which he was not. A decent man...you mean like Crooked Trump? In fact, the dude was quite nice and calm about it. Maybe a bit agitated...I would be too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Goes to show just how easy it is for corporate mainstream media to rile people people up based on race. People activate their emotional brain and cant think straight.

This was first posted on FB. Her behavior has nothing to do with race. It has to do with her being a whackadoodle. But...whatever. Look at all of you defending this idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 02:13 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
She would've been better off calling the police than confronting him, if she felt he didn't belong or was trespassing.

She has no authority whatsoever. I don't care whatever the memo was that went out about tenants only or that she was new to the building. The man doesn't owe her anything. Call the building manager or call the police if she thinks he shouldn't be there.

And people supporting her keep ignoring this: when she realized she was wrong at the end as she watched the man use his key to open the door, she did not apologize. She wouldn't acknowledge that she is wrong. Why?
I don't why.

On this forum, if i knew i was wrong, I'd apologize and move on, but it is still hard to do that 100% of the time. Many of us (certainly me included) want to say the last word sometimes. or I just don't believe I am wrong. LOL Maybe this woman just had a hard time apologizing, or maybe her mind was made up. I don't know.

Like I said earlier, the woman fits a certain negative stereotype. She seems annoying. She seems to be the type of person who liked to butt into everybody's businesses.

She has an ex husband who is black. It is ridiculous to assume somebody is not a racist simply because she had a minority husband; it is EQUALLY ridiculous to assume that she's automatically a racist simply because she stopped a man without a key. There are a lot of things we don't know about this woman. One simple video is simply not convincing enough for me to come up with the conclusion that she is a racist with no redeeming qualities.

like I posted earlier, the very possible scenario is that he "buzzed in" AT THE SAME time she walked out. She didn't believe he "buzzed in." Her mind was made up at the time it seems like. All she had to do is to close the door and let the man "buzz in" again. All he had to do is to show her the key or call the cops. Both people could have stopped the situation any time they wanted to.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-17-2018 at 02:25 PM..

Old 10-17-2018, 02:13 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
No, I'm saying he is not surprised that this woman is profiling him
So he's prejudiced then. Perhaps because she is a woman? Would he have acted differently if a big male did the same?

Old 10-17-2018, 02:14 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
First of all, I think it's pretty insensitive to assume the genders of both of those individuals.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The man's responsibility was to swipe his key fob. Sure, it was not unreasonable to expect that someone would help him out (the open door) but she had no obligation to allow entry thru the door she opened. On the contrary, condo rules (or the memos she'd received) said known tenants only. He was new to the building. Her responsibility was to close the door when she was done with it.

The only thing that is known about their interaction before he pulled out the phone is that she asked him if he lived there. That's hardly unreasonable.

What really bugs me is why is started videoing. A lot of the crazy conversation is because HE continued it, with the phone in her face. Towards the beginning of the video, she points to the key pad and suggests he use it. He says "I understand" but continues to complain about her being in the doorway.

Why didn't he just USE it and stop all this nonsense?
The pink is a very good point.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:17 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post

This was first posted on FB. Her behavior has nothing to do with race. It has to do with her being a whackadoodle. But...whatever. Look at all of you defending this idiot.
No, being a "whackadoodle" is not the story. The story is about race. Someone not giving access to buildings to strangers is not a story.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:18 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Exactly. They could not possibly admit that someone was rude to the guy. So bizarre.
Its not bizarre, they would all do the same thing except they dont want to be exposed as bigots on camera.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:18 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
What you are saying makes complete sense.

However, he does not "owe" her that. As a private citizen, he does not have to prove to that woman challenging him that he lives there by entering the code into the keypad.

She has no authority whatsoever. Sure, she could ask that he enter the keypad code, but in no way is he obligated to oblige her. He lives there. He was just trying to go home. Some stranger blocked him from entering his home and started asking him questions.

And again, nobody who is defending this woman is addressing her rude, condescending tone the entire time.
It is not about them as individuals. It is about doing the right thing. Why make it some kind of personal battle when it is just about common sense.

I saw some interviews with them. To me he seems like a hipster and shes like a bimbo/hipster and they live in a hipster loft building. It was just a disagreement people are taking way too far because media gets us riled up. As far as those two, she comes across as a PITA but there are those in every neighborhood and we just learn to pick our battles. He should have just keyed in because that is what you do in secure buildings and St. Louis isn't exactly low crime.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:23 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,510 times
She was definitely bonkers as she persisted but I think both are at fault here. Yes she started it but why didn’t he take out his own key fob and buzz himself in. I think he was trying to access the building via her buzzin and in this day and age that would raise a flag with most people. True again he didn’t owe her any explanation but showing her his own fob and using it would’ve calmed the situation. Oddly she wasn’t afraid of him as she followed him into the elevator and was continuing to follow him. If he was going to harm her he had a million chances to do so as there was nobody around during this entire incident.

But her behavior was very intrusive and I wouldn’t want her for my neighbor as she’s very nosey and exhibits stalker qualities . Also she’s very foolish blocking the door like that. If she’s that concerned go up and get into your apartment and call security.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It is not about them as individuals. It is about doing the right thing. Why make it some kind of personal battle when it is just about common sense.

I saw some interviews with them. To me he seems like a hipster and shes like a bimbo/hipster and they live in a hipster loft building. It was just a disagreement people are taking way too far because media gets us riled up. As far as those two, she comes across as a PITA but there are those in every neighborhood and we just learn to pick our battles. He should have just keyed in because that is what you do in secure buildings and St. Louis isn't exactly low crime.
Yes, not only that, why can't we just accept this as a simple communication has gone crazy between two grown adults? Both of them could have stopped the situation at any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies