Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 07:25 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
We just went through this intense national debate about the fairness of making an accusation without corroboration (Kavanaugh, but don't want to deflect).

Could this be an instance where the woman never made any accusation but still she is castigated for what was believed to be her unspoken accusation (that the man was not to be trusted due to race).

As to whether he belonged there, she attempted to provide him with every opportunity to corroborate his claim (swipe in or produce the key fob) but he declined.

Not saying who's right or who's wrong, exactly, just intrigued how the moral dictum of the day (presuming that someone is innocent until proved guilty) applies to this instance.

Clearly, some think the video corroborates any claim of racism. And that he did not need to prove his innocence to her (by showing the key fob).

So it can be flipped both ways.

But clearly her employer has weighed in, with the firing.

Values and sorting them out are such tricky matters.
We also went through a national debate where one said the accuser waited too long and did not provide any evidence of her claims. So now we have someone who didn't wait long at all and also provided video evidence of his claims... but that's still not good enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 07:26 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I was replying to a post where someone thought it was unfair Mrs. Mueller got fired.
That's what I'm referring to, the left caused all this where a white person gets fired for a crossed word or disagreement with a black person.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:29 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
....I don't care what color he is.....she was alone and some stranger cops an attitude because "he" cared what color he is

Old 10-17-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's what I'm referring to, the left caused all this where a white person gets fired for a crossed word or disagreement with a black person.
She got fired because her employer felt she made their company look bad. Real estate companies don't want bad publicity.

Who's to say she would not have been fired if the dude had been white? Or a woman? (Although I hate all the What Ifism going on in this thread.)

Old 10-17-2018, 07:58 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Doesn't make sense...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uis-fired.html

How do you already buzz in if you're standing in the street???

Maybe I'm a bit behind on technology but I don't know of any communal door that you can buzz in from the street nor do I know of one where you can buzz in and the door remains unlocked if you leave it.

Unless someone can tell me how this is possible then here's what I would say really happened:

Woman buzzes in through the communal door. Man behind her tries to use her buzz in as his own out of convenience. She won't let him and he freaks out then gets out the camera to film.

He escalated a perfectly reasonable request to have him do his own buzz in and she happily played along with the escalation then went psycho on him by calling 911.

She should have expressed herself better in telling him she wasn't going to allow her buzz in be his buzz in, he should have not been butthurt over it and try to piggyback on her request, and she should have left the matter alone after he produced his key which got him in his personal apartment.

He was looking for an incident...she gave him one. They deserve each other.
Personally, I think the whole thing is fake. Staged. MSM want a race war so bad in this country.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
She got fired because her employer felt she made their company look bad. Real estate companies don't want bad publicity.

Who's to say she would not have been fired if the dude had been white? Or a woman? (Although I hate all the What Ifism going on in this thread.)
Duh, this is because liberals have been pushing a PC agenda for well over 20 years now. First they banned the n-word and eventually anyone who was caught uttering it is deemed an ostracized racist, then they kept going to now just disagreeing with a black person gets you ostracized.

The whole the employer must fire people for speech is a liberal end-run around of free speech rights.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:04 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Since you're the expert, how should he have "handled" it?
Like I said, I think this whole thing is fake, but, both could have called the cops or a manager to sort the thing out in the beginning, but they didn't because the whole thing is fake.

Last edited by warhorse78; 10-17-2018 at 08:21 PM..

Old 10-17-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Like I said, I think this whole thing is fake, but, both could have called the cops or a manager to sort the thing out in the beginning, but they didn't because the whole thing is fake.
OK. It's fake. What is in it for them to make a fake video?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
OK. It's fake. What is in it for them to make a fake video?

To promote a political narrative to vote for the party that calls white people racist. If you don't then you're considered racist .

Old 10-17-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
To promote a political narrative to vote for the party that calls white people racist. If you don't then you're considered racist .
Uh-huh. And this woman was ready to get fired for it?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies