Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 10:28 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
So she was put off, does that vindicate her harassment of this man? That is quite a entitled attitude for her to have, and that is probably why she is being shunned, and why her employer has decided that they do not want to be associated with her. Based on her behavior, their actions seem justified to me. I would not to associate with someone with this type of attitude either.
No doubt both could have handled this better. She did act a bit entitled and the man may well have felt harassed. No way do I want to get in the middle of that pissing match with some final judgment. I even struggled to write that post you took offense to as even handedly as possible. It DID seem like a good time to try to get back on topic and away from Trump.

But ever since the question of the key fob came up many pages back and I wrote the below, I've thought that he lied. Twice. Almost certainly to her (about having buzzed himself in; he couldn't the door was open). And then again to the police. There was some article (that I can't now find) where he was said to have told the police that he did show her the key fob. The last thing I want to do is to again get into some major analysis right now about timing (off to bed). But I've listened, carefully.

There's no point in their conversation where he might have thought she saw the key fob that I saw. Another poster tried to find it, but I found her cite and where she's mistaken.

Maybe he got so caught up in the argument with the woman that he just said what sounded good (again, it's that teenage kind of behavior - how old is this guy?). But she clearly picked up on it and was profoundly annoyed, as she was by his pushing by her. And off the battle continued ...

As for the statement to the police? Sure, maybe he wanted to sound as "right" as possible. And maybe he never listened closely to the video he put out. Or maybe it's all me and now my problem. Not his, in any way.

A snippet of my post from yesterday:

This is becoming an exercise in memory! I could not find the last statement although it somehow sounds familiar? When the keys were held up and jingled (and I do think they were his keys) ... what I hear is:

Him: "I've already buzzed in." With the bunch of keys seeming "proof."
Her: "You did not (said emphatically)."
Him: "It does not even matter. Can you get out of my way."
Her: "No. Can you show me the key pad."
Him: "I'm not showing you anything."

And then almost immediately he pushed through. If the key pad was on the ring it would have taken 2 seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 10:33 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
[/u]
This is becoming an exercise in memory! I could not find the last statement although it somehow sounds familiar? When the keys were held up and jingled (and I do think they were his keys) ... what I hear is:

Him: "I've already buzzed in." With the bunch of keys seeming "proof."
Her: "You did not (said emphatically)."
Him: "It does not even matter. Can you get out of my way."
Her: "No. Can you show me the key pad."
Him: "I'm not showing you anything."

And then almost immediately he pushed through. If the key pad was on the ring it would have taken 2 seconds.
This is what I'm getting at act suspicious and rude to elicit a response and set up the person to video them being "unreasonable" and off to the presses.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Well that settles it. If she did not feel threatened then should not have harassment this man, especially after the fact that she saw and then knew for a fact that he had a right to be in his apartment. I'm sorry all of the rest of this, about how she felt and this is and that is just her not being responsible for her own actions. And actions have consequences that's the way it goes when you are an adult. You can't afford to act like a bratty teenager as an adult without consequences to your personal life and career.
We agree that actions have consequences.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
This is what I'm getting at act suspicious and rude to elicit a response and set up the person to video them being "unreasonable" and off to the presses.
I have never agree with you in my life, mti1, and I'm not about to start now.

Still, that was a very weird exchange. What I find sad is that we are so programmed to various positions that we find our corners and hold to them. Me, I'm probably guilty of that as well. But one thing I DO care about is honesty. And admitting error. And I'm not in the least vindictive. Ever.

So certainly she should have not called the police and maybe a little more soul searching might have been called for before the man put the video out there.

Both were probably just so determined to be right - and vindicated, not vindictive,

Old 10-18-2018, 01:42 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
At least by the time the video started she never seems to have considered him a threat. That she's less concerned about her personal safety than some apartment being robbed is unlikely. No way does she stand a foot away from someone who is upset but clearly controlling himself if she fears he might bop her on the nose.

Now me, at that point, I would have let it go and walked away. Never would have I gotten into that conversation - I think - since how the pissing match started is beyond me.

She said she persisted because she was "uncomfortable" - which I took to be about letting someone in not that he's of a different race. Later, she elaborated and provided copies of the condo memos.

He chose - either deliberately or not - to misunderstand and goes off on this tangent about how that's her problem. No, it was HIS, for he chose not to key in. He's like a teenager talking to a parent about how you can't really blame me and she's like a schoolmarm saying no you've done this and this wrong.

It escalated when he pushed past her. Frankly, that might have irritated to where I might have later made a call to the condo president and no doubt gossiped some about the new neighbor. But no, I wouldn't have called the police.
I am with you (to an extent) in that I can understand her frustration up to a point, even though she didn't handle it the best way. However, to the poster's point, once she saw him open his apartment with his keys, that should have certainly ended everything. That was her "proof," so there was no explanation for calling the cops at that point.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:16 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
To keep us divided or distracted with this crap so they can turn around and pass some more BS laws that take away more of our freedoms.

Remember the Kanye West/Taylor Swift/Beyonce debacle on MTV? I think that was staged too to get a rise out of people just like you.
Yeah, Mr. Conspiracy Theorist...... The whole thing was staged . The police who were called were in on it. The lady's job was in on it too, and made sure to fire her the next day. The guy promised to post the video on social media, knowing that it would go viral and the lady agreed because she knew this would be the start of her global fame. Umm hmm...yup, good catch buddy!!!!

Old 10-18-2018, 03:47 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,670,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Doesn't necessarily make them right either to take sides against someone being set up and act as hypocritical racists.
Yeah, that is just foolish. I'm sure he somehow tricked her into propping the door open with her dog(against the rules, after all she could have just closed the door before he entered if it was important for him to scan in) and then also somehow tricked her acting like a complete fool after this whole situation started.
Most people when videod act better when on video and not more foish like this woman did. I'm sure he engineered that too .

Old 10-18-2018, 04:19 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Why is he the "stranger"? He said, "I already buzzed in." Suppose you come home late from work and a stranger and their dog is hanging around the front door of your building and is giving you the third degree?

Old 10-18-2018, 05:52 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
She is backpedaling now. There is no question she was stopping him because he was black. I am so glad her employer fired her sorry butt.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...cid=spartandhp

Old 10-18-2018, 06:01 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
She is backpedaling now. There is no question she was stopping him because he was black. I am so glad her employer fired her sorry butt.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...cid=spartandhp
How is she backpedaling? Or anything to do with race? She has already said she was following the rules set by the management/condo association.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies