Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2018, 06:02 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't why.

On this forum, if i knew i was wrong, I'd apologize and move on, but it is still hard to do that 100% of the time. Many of us (certainly me included) want to say the last word sometimes. or I just don't believe I am wrong. LOL Maybe this woman just had a hard time apologizing, or maybe her mind was made up. I don't know.

Like I said earlier, the woman fits a certain negative stereotype. She seems annoying. She seems to be the type of person who liked to butt into everybody's businesses.

She has an ex husband who is black. It is ridiculous to assume somebody is not a racist simply because she had a minority husband; it is EQUALLY ridiculous to assume that she's automatically a racist simply because she stopped a man without a key. There are a lot of things we don't know about this woman. One simple video is simply not convincing enough for me to come up with the conclusion that she is a racist with no redeeming qualities.

like I posted earlier, the very possible scenario is that he "buzzed in" AT THE SAME time she walked out. She didn't believe he "buzzed in." Her mind was made up at the time it seems like. All she had to do is to close the door and let the man "buzz in" again. All he had to do is to show her the key or call the cops. Both people could have stopped the situation any time they wanted to.
I'm not sure why you and others keep saying this. He DID show her the key! She did not accept that as "proof" that he lived there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
She is backpedaling now. There is no question she was stopping him because he was black. I am so glad her employer fired her sorry butt.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...cid=spartandhp
I like this part:

Quote:
She said that's when she decided to follow Toles to his room. There, she said she realized he had door keys to gain access into his apartment.
But she left out "and then when I realized he did have keys and lived there, I was pissed that he didn't jump through my hoops and I called the police."

Old 10-18-2018, 06:06 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I'm not sure why you and others keep saying this. He DID show her the key! She did not accept that as "proof" that he lived there!
well, the "he did show her the key" part is not something I've seen in this video.

Maybe you have. I am not saying this to be mean, or argumentative. I honestly did not see the "he has showed her the key" part.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, the "he did show her the key" part is not something I've seen in this video.

Maybe you have. I am not saying this to be mean, or argumentative. I honestly did not see the "he has showed her the key" part.
You asked about it before and I answered you, but maybe you didn't see that post. It's around the 1-minute mark of the video. She said "let me see your key," and he jingled his keys at her. (She was holding her keys still in the video, so they were definitely his keys.) She said, "Well if you have that, then okay." But then she continued to block the door.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:10 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Mueller said in the interview with the local station that she was only following directions she had been given by the condo association board members when she stopped Toles that night.

"When I noticed an individual that I did not know here, my only thought was to follow directions I had been given by condo association board members repeatedly; and that's to never allow access to anyone that you don't know," she said.
I'm sure holding the door open while your dog pees on the lawn is also against the rules.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm sure holding the door open while your dog pees on the lawn is also against the rules.
The rules don't apply to Fluffy and Fluffy's owner! There are also rules about calling the police for frivolous reasons, but apparently those rules also don't apply to her either.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:15 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
The rules don't apply to Fluffy and Fluffy's owner! There are also rules about calling the police for frivolous reasons, but apparently those rules also don't apply to her either.
Yeah, she's all about the rules except when she's not!

Old 10-18-2018, 06:16 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
You asked about it before and I answered you, but maybe you didn't see that post. It's around the 1-minute mark of the video. She said "let me see your key," and he jingled his keys at her. (She was holding her keys still in the video, so they were definitely his keys.) She said, "Well if you have that, then okay." But then she continued to block the door.
I saw that post and I have seen the video one more time after your post. i am not making excuse for her, but towards the end of the video, she asked him, "do you have something like this?" (showing him the key) It leads me to believe that she did not really "see" the key.

People keep on saying she did not accept the fact he lived there simply because he was black. well, she is a REALTOR and unless she is a 100% moron, I have to assume that REALTORS know that black people DO live in apartment complex like this. Plus, based on the video, I failed to see why people say this is a luxury apartment building. It looks average or slightly above average to me, (nothing special). If they want to paint her as a "privileged white woman" who has an astonishing entitlement issue, fine. But they have to do a better job in order to convince some of us. She does look or sound a bit ditzy, we all get one of those people in our community.

I still believe this is a simple communication has gone wrong. Based on one video, I cannot come up with the conclusion that this woman (happened to be a realtor) is a racist. (not implying realtors cannot be racists, I am only saying common sense tells me that Realtors do know black people live in apartment buildings like this)

Plus, this woman has a black ex husband. I can only speculate, maybe she wanted to create this drama in order to get to know the man. Who knows? everything is just assumption or speculation.

Nothing changed the fact that some people automatically believe she is a racist. I am not so convinced that she is.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-18-2018 at 06:24 AM..

Old 10-18-2018, 06:25 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
"When I noticed an individual that I did not know here, my only thought was to follow directions I had been given by condo association board members repeatedly; and that's to never allow access to anyone that you don't know," she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...cid=spartandhp

Either the condo association board members are fools or Hilary Mueller is lying.

Any HOA Board with any concern about liability issues whatsoever would never tell residents to block access. They just wouldn't.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 10-18-2018 at 06:34 AM..

Old 10-18-2018, 06:25 AM

I think she did see the key fob but then started to think about the fact that she was being filmed and how stupid she looked, so she tried to create an out. If he flashed the fob at her again, she could have backed down without losing face. Since he ignored her, she had to keep up the nonsense. She probably didn't remember that he had already shown her while on film (since it was toward the beginning of the film, she might have hoped/thought that that particular interaction happened before he started filming). I have teenagers and they come up with similar shenanigans at times... my BS meter is pretty well honed by now.

I can agree that she is not automatically racist. She could just be a complete idiot. In fact, either way, she's a complete idiot. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies