Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2018, 12:45 PM

29,563 posts, read 9,777,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbogyrl View Post
Hardly the case.

United we stand, divided we fall.

As a conservative, I shut up when Odumbo won. Didn't say anything against him, and just said to anyone I encountered who supported him, "I hope he does a good job." That's it. I like how you criticize President Trump. What about Mad Maxine and all of the others ******* crazies attacking Republican Cabinet members at restaurants, on the street? That's A-OK right? Politics became personal. And Trump is at fault?!?!
I guess we think what we say or don't makes a big difference, but really what makes a difference is who we put in office, in Congress, and at the local level too, to do the speaking for us! To promote the agenda we align with. That's "where the action is," not what nonsense we exchange in this forum or with neighbors, friends and family.

Anyone in politics deserving of criticism should be criticized, in whatever forum is appropriate and/or effective. I'm not sure this is one of them, but we do get to see how other people think here. That's something anyway.

Ultimately, to my way of thinking anyway, I don't care who the politician may be, we must judge as best we can who to put in office all considered, despite all the human short-comings and failings. Why should we not judge when it comes to those we entrust to work on our behalf, on behalf of America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 12:49 PM

318 posts, read 468,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I can pick at least a few who were on that stage of Republicans competing for the nomination with Trump that I would pick LONG before I would pick Trump, all considered. Your premise that there is no one better than Trump on the GOP side is just wrong, though now so many are fearful of Trump and his base, I have to wonder about their character as well. Politics being what it is, however, the best man or woman doesn't always win...
Not quite ALL true. Trump is awesome because he is NOT part of the big political machine. He is completely without attachment to the good ole boys, which is refreshing. Fearful of Trump? Nah.

As far as Killary, it surprised me that got as far as she did. However, the Clintons are very good at using their money to remove obstacles like people, ala Vince Foster. AND Benghazi ... well, she certainly lost many supporters after that.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:51 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,361,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbogyrl View Post
Hardly the case.

United we stand, divided we fall.

As a conservative, I shut up when Odumbo won. Didn't say anything against him, and just said to anyone I encountered who supported him, "I hope he does a good job." That's it. I like how you criticize President Trump. What about Mad Maxine and all of the others ******* crazies attacking Republican Cabinet members at restaurants, on the street? That's A-OK right? Politics became personal. And Trump is at fault?!?!
Don't recall Obama encouraging violence at his rallies and calling the media the enemy of the people, nor did he call racists "fine people" And he definitely didn't believe Putin's lies over the FBI and CIA. And I voted for McCain and Romney

Old 10-21-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Trump is independent. That’s why so many Republicans hate him.
Independent of what? I might list a few choice items, but I'll try to keep it civil here...

Of course the POTUS should be someone with vision, a leader and ideally one who strives toward a better America, but no POTUS can be entirely independent of those necessary to line up with really policies that promote real progress, to truly get something done!

Where's the wall Mexico was going to pay for? Where is the health care system better than any we've seen before? Where is dignity instead of lining up with politicians who assault reporters? Where is respect instead of criticizing POWs? Where is reason, restraint and respect for the rule of law instead of quickly siding with the likes of the Saudis most recently, to the dismay not only of most the modern world but now many Republicans too? Don't get me started! (Right, too late).

Is this the sort of "independent" that impresses you so?

Old 10-21-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Trump is independent. That’s why so many Republicans hate him.
Believe me...

It isn't simply being independent that cause people to "hate" and/or not support Trump! Sounds like a compliment, but it's something like complimenting someone for being a leader, regardless what they're about.

We all know there have been many "independents" and leaders who have been a disaster not only for those who didn't support them but for those who supported them too. Hopefully, this admiration for Trump as an "independent" doesn't translate to the sort of support or independence that gave rise to many a dictator, both popular and unpopular.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Oh yeah, Joe Biden and the old woodshed, so he can swig his booze?
Sure hope you've got better than this to offer...

Obama was criticized for not having the resume. Not many have one like Biden, including that of vice president of the U.S.

Can't say anyone is perfect or even close. I think Biden is of the sort who would at least admit that. Not like our self-appointed genius of a president anyway.

If character matters, Biden wins over Trump in spades. If political experience and knowledge matters, Biden wins over Trump in spades. If working to pass important legislation matters, just about anyone does better than Trump. If not being fearful of Trump and his followers, Biden sure beats just about all other Republicans...

All that said along with all the rest that can be said, I too would like something new and better from both parties, or any party. Someone who can win the support of MOST Americans for all the RIGHT reasons, but I'm not a believer in miracles...

Old 10-21-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Far and away the best President in my lifetime, and that goes back to Truman. And that is exactly right....Hillary would have beat every other Republican candidate, 'cause they're all lightweights who didn't even belong in the ring with Trump. Way too many Republicans to this day fail to understand the gift Trump gave them and how close they and the country came to unrecoverable calamity.

Overjoyed as I am to have a real leader with his head on straight in the White House, the stark reality is that this derailed train of a country has wandered a thousand miles off the track in the last few decades and there is so much more to do than even Trump could ever hope to accomplish in 8 years, swimming upstream against a hundred million zombies (including the major media) without a clue.

Much as I'm enjoying the ride, there is no denying that there is a bridge out ahead.
I've got to sign off now. Perhaps I'll have more time to waste here tomorrow, but until then I sure wish I could believe in that "bridge out ahead." Instead I think it's a mirage at best, that only Trump supporters seem able to imagine and more than willing, something like that great wall Mexico was going to pay for and that great health care system better than any we'd seen before...

Cheers!

Old 10-21-2018, 01:18 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,361,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I've got to sign off now. Perhaps I'll have more time to waste here tomorrow, but until then I sure wish I could believe in that "bridge out ahead." Instead I think it's a mirage at best, that only Trump supporters seem able to imagine and more than willing, something like that great wall Mexico was going to pay for and that great health care system better than any we'd seen before...

Cheers!
Trump bald faced lied on 60 minutes about healthcare for all the world to see

https://youtu.be/y8mcN0zweQE

Old 10-21-2018, 01:49 PM

318 posts, read 468,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Trump bald faced lied on 60 minutes about healthcare for all the world to see

https://youtu.be/y8mcN0zweQE
So you are now in President Trump's head?

How do YOU know he didn't mean it? How do YOU know he didn't want to try and fix it?

So you now continue to trounce him when his intentions were obviously good. Love it, everyone is so quick to rip him to shreds, including his own party members.

Old 10-21-2018, 02:01 PM

18,558 posts, read 8,363,897 times
If you like your health care and doctor....tuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies