Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 02:17 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's an old trick to use a smaller venue to make a place seem crowded and bustling. Let's not forget that this man is a con artist, and he employs people who know the business of promoting and pumping up the crowds.

Still, the percentage of voters from any area who show up at these things is actually rather minor. It's not as if these people are all campaign volunteers. I have never seen them in the neighborhood working the doorbells. These people are an audience. After their love bomb they all go home feeling good about themselves, stick a sign in the lawn, and that is where it ends.
Beto is holding a campaign rally in San Antonio next week in a Honky Tonk bar, does that mean he's trying to make things seem crowded?

Old 10-16-2018, 02:19 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's an old trick to use a smaller venue to make a place seem crowded and bustling. Let's not forget that this man is a con artist, and he employs people who know the business of promoting and pumping up the crowds.

Still, the percentage of voters from any area who show up at these things is actually rather minor. It's not as if these people are all campaign volunteers. I have never seen them in the neighborhood working the doorbells. These people are an audience. After their love bomb they all go home feeling good about themselves, stick a sign in the lawn, and that is where it ends.
LAWL.

Small?

What Democrat can fill up a 8,000 seat beyond capacity?

Old 10-16-2018, 02:28 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
A couple motnhs back, tRump bragged he'd get "the biggest stadium in Texas" to hold a rally to support Lyin' Ted's desperate campaign to hold onto his seat.

Turns out, it's going to happen Monday Oct 22 in Houston. In an arena that holds about 8000 and is usually a venue for livestock shows.

Very appropriate considering the amount of BS that'll be spilled next Monday

Oh, well...

I guess you think these guys are "horses" This is a huge entertainment complex.
They host all types of Events.

EVENT INFORMATION

Artists Juvenile, Scarface, 8 Ball & MJG, Too Short, DJ Quik and Bun B will be headlining this years Legends of Hip Hop Concert at NRG Arena!

President Trump's exact words were .....

I will be doing a major rally for Senator Ted Cruz in October. I’m picking the biggest stadium in Texas we can find.

That "we can find" part is pretty important and reliable ignored by Leftists and their LapDogMedia.

It may shock a lot of you folks but Events are normally booked a year (or more in advanced) - it's not easy to find a place - date - time - and THEN get it approved by the Secret Service, City and Local Law Enforcement in a short amount of time. The Secret Service always has VETO power on any venue.

The announcement by President Trump was on August 31, 2018 - the announcement of the Date/Time/Venue was on October 15 .... less than 2 months. The Arena will hold at least 10,000 (8,000 seats and 2,000 Plaza ..... they can squeeze more with Fire Department approval.

Houston surprises me as a venue - I was expecting DFW area. I was also certain it would be an inside facility. He did one in 2016 in Dallas at the American Airlines Center (booked) (Mavericks & Hockey & Arena Football) and hoped this would be at AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys) ..... I thought I might go (Security cleared) and was already on a list for early arrival if that happened in DFW.

Houston is a good idea in many ways - A lot of people live in that quadrant of the State and many of them don't bother to vote because they think the Democrats own the City. Ted has led in his "desperate campaign" almost all of the time - but it's still a good idea to come to Texas. Houston is within a few hours drive for San Antonio, Central Texas, Coastal Texas and even DFW is only about 4 hours.

It's also interesting that Democrats like Beto gravitate to the Liberal Bastions (Houston-Austin-Dallas-San Antonio), which are their comfort zones and President Trump is heading to the most Liberal City in Texas for his Rally.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:14 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldokitty View Post
bluff? Hahahaha

you can't even bring yourself to properly capitalize his name. This close to 2 years after he beat your favorite, hillary.

So, if you are that deranged over trump, why should we believe anything you have to say about him as being even close to factual?
Moderator cut: trolling

Old 10-16-2018, 03:37 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
[/color]

Hold that thought and we will see how accurate you are in 21 days.
More accurate than you in 2016

Old 10-16-2018, 04:36 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Default Remember when Trump was going to "Book the largest stadium in Texas"?

You know, always the largest, believe me, the largest.

So, what is the largest stadium in Texas?

That would be Kyle Field: capacity 102,000. Did he book it?
Noooooo...
Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium seats 100,119. Did he book it?
Noooooo...
AT&T Stadium seats 100,000. Did he book it?
Noooooo...
Well, what about the 80,000 seat NRG Stadium in Houston. Did he book it?
Noooooo...
So, what DID Trump book?

He booked the 8,500 seat NRG Arena, right next door to the NRG Stadium.

What a man, right! So great!

Last edited by normstad; 10-16-2018 at 04:48 PM..

Old 10-16-2018, 04:39 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You know, always the largest, believe me, the largest.

So, what is the largest stadium in Texas?

That would be Kyle Field: capacity 102,000. Did he book it?
Noooooo...
Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium seats 100,119. Did he book it?
Noooooo...
AT&T Stadium seats 100,000. Did he book it?
Noooooo...
Well, what about the 80,000 seat NRG Stadium in Dallas. Did he book it?
Noooooo...
So, what DID Trump book?

He booked the 8,500 seat NRG Arena, right next door to the NRG Stadium.

What a man, right! So great!
NRG Stadium is in Houston, not Dallas.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tx-monday.html

Old 10-16-2018, 04:41 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Okay, but it's a small thing to quibble over.

He probably was budget conscious, and didn't want to pay for too many attendees.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:41 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
NRG Stadium is in Houston, not Dallas.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tx-monday.html
Its always amazing how much the left knows that isn't so.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:44 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its always amazing how much the left knows that isn't so.
Well, apparently they KNOW Trump booked a tiny "stadium" - WHEREVER it is.
Maybe he wanted it to match his "tiny hands".

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies