Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want Hillary to run again in 2020
Yes 87 32.46%
No 181 67.54%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 07:32 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Are you sure anyone said she would be the greatest president, or does that just fit the script at the moment? I thought she would be a much better president than Trump. I never dreamt Trump could be this bad. I mentioned earlier that I don't think she should run. I don't think Trump should run, to be more precise, I think he should be removed from office ASAP. I don't think Biden or Elizabeth Warren should get the Democratic nomination. How about Nikki Haley vs. Kamala Harris in 2020? That would be an interesting race.
I really don’t want warren to get the nomination. I mean I will vote for her, volunteer for her, and donate to her if she wins the nomination, but there’s just something about her I don’t like. I can’t quite put my finger on it. I really like Harris, Booker, Biden, and New Orleans mayor Landrieu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 07:44 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,575 times
Yes, let Hillary run again. Please.

Only then will the deplorables become civil. And Bill will diddle more interns without contempt. And Hillary will deliver another reset button to Russia. And pantsuits will come back in style.

Last edited by MacInTx; 10-19-2018 at 08:03 PM..

Old 10-19-2018, 07:44 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I really don’t want warren to get the nomination. I mean I will vote for her, volunteer for her, and donate to her if she wins the nomination, but there’s just something about her I don’t like. I can’t quite put my finger on it. I really like Harris, Booker, Biden, and New Orleans mayor Landrieu.
My views are similar.

What is the chance that Beto O'Rourke loses his Senate election and emerges as a presidential contender?

Old 10-19-2018, 07:58 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times
It would be the best thing that could ever happen for whom ever the Republican candidate is, run, hillary run, PLEASE!!!!

Old 10-19-2018, 08:01 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
My views are similar.

What is the chance that Beto O'Rourke loses his Senate election and emerges as a presidential contender?

If Robert (I mean beto - you've got to laugh at anyone who continues to use their high school nickname in adulthood) can't win a Senate seat, how can he win the Presidency? I mean, even BO had to win a Senate seat.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:51 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
If Robert (I mean beto - you've got to laugh at anyone who continues to use their high school nickname in adulthood) can't win a Senate seat, how can he win the Presidency? I mean, even BO had to win a Senate seat.
Did you ever hear of a guy by the name of Abraham Lincoln. He lost his campaign for a Senate seat from Illinois in 1858 to the incumbent, Stephen Douglas. This was before the popular election of Senators, but Lincoln and Douglas still campaigned against each other in a series of seven famous debates.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:18 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
If Indian Liz gets the nom Trump gets a guaranteed 4 extra years

Old 10-20-2018, 02:49 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,601,843 times
Quote:

I couldn't vote for Warren. She's all accusations. Make 20, 15 are groundless, 5 might make some sense when the exaggeration is eliminated, which wastes time. Fine, but there seems to be no link as to then stepping back at actual violations and looking at precedent law in determining what the next course of action is.

This on the heels of having the last CEO give back his personal money AND resign.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-w...-idUSKCN1MS26C

No Senator...you make the laws. The bank has to follow the laws. If they break them, you punish the bank as dictated by law. Laws you help create. You don't get to determine who runs the bank. You don't own the bank. Leave the Fed alone. They do a hell of a lot better job than Congress does in their respective swim-lane.

Don't get me wrong....Trump should leave the Fed alone as well...and his stupid off-topic rants on the NFL kneeling crossed the line if made any attempt to influence the NFL's policy process using his office was another example of too far. However, I don't know that anyone lost their job over the thing. A panacea was made and he moved on.

Like/Hate Wells Fargo, they've closed accounts, amended their practices and raised billions in expensive capital they don't need at this Congress's request. A much larger panacea has been made...but Warren won't let it go. She's calling on an individual to be terminated (punished). She's the judge, jury and executioner. That's further than Trump went.

Both are scary, but at least Trump is quick to stop paying attention. Shine something colorful at him and he moves on. His handlers are getting better at their jobs. In this case, that's a great silver lining.

Both parties could/should do better.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:10 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,388 times
Is there a Halloween mask of Hillary available to buy somewhere? I wanna scare my neighbors.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:15 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,520,959 times
Bring HillBilly on, should be a good laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies