Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want Hillary to run again in 2020
Yes 87 32.46%
No 181 67.54%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 07:24 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No, what I want is for Hillary to crawl under a rock where she belongs.
Red bull gives you wings, Jack Daniels gives you four wheel drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Do you want Hillary to run again in 2020?-69020.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 07:26 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
This seems to be one of the few points that both sides can actually agree on. We all want Hillary to run for president again. What about you?

I voted yes.
I voted yes as well since she is unelectable.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:39 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I do not want to see Hillary run again but I think she is planning on it and she could be the {D} nominee. She could copy cat the Trump strategy of separating herself from the pack and having the advantage of the votes being split between the rest of the field. Hillary has a die hard base and can raise money, her and Bill are doing so now. Hillary will have a message no other contender will have is she really beat Trump by popular vote.
Yeah, I've been talking about this for a while now. She also still has deeeeeep inroads and loyalists packing the DNC which she can use to kneecap any democratic rival. Also has the whole "Russia helped Trump cheat me" meme that she and most of the democratic posters here have reminded us of frequently.

Unlike the other candidates she can get cameos on prime-time TV shows, major network softball interviews, appearances on friendly venue talk shows etc. etc. etc. that all amounts to free advertising.

Lastly, the Bill & Hillary tour is as you noted, out generating $$$ and she can fundraise with the best of them.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:42 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,864,509 times
As somebody who leans Democrat, no.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:42 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
If RBG kicks the bucket and is replaced prior to the elections, then no, I don't want Hillary to run again. Take a look at InformedConsent's thread about private property. I want a Supreme Court that will uphold private property rights (as well as others specifically protected by the Bill of Rights). Once we have a balance to RBG, Kagan, and Sotomayor we can get back to a Democrat for president.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:43 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
No. The democratic party needs to cut her loose. She is the reason why Trump is President today.
Yeah, good luck with that. They can't even oust Pelosi from her role because of her fundraising power and "networking".

Old 10-17-2018, 07:44 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Trump fans want her to run.

The Dems are going to likely lose until they stop writing off being the Joe Sixpack party. Sherrod Brown is one if he could get name recognition up.
Nah. Sherrod Brown's court documented history of domestic violence against his first wife would (should!) put him right in the crosshairs of the #metoo folks that control his party. He would be a fool to set himself up to have all of that dragged out again and on a national vs. statewide level. He has also come out in support (!) of Trump's trade policies which benefit blue collar Ohio workers, specifically tariffs on foreign goods and the restructuring of NAFTA. That would also come back to haunt him.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:03 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Bwah hah hah hah....always good for a laugh.
It's true.

If you want to project your people's tendency for slavish sycophancy upon others, it doesn't work.

The field of Democratic candidates for 2020 is wide open, and I believe it will go to someone who supports Medicare for all.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:03 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Sure. Her and John Kerry both.

And Al Gore. Him too.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:08 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
No.

One reason is because I can only recall once in my lifetime when a losing presidential candidate ran again (and won), and that was Nixon in 1968, after losing to JFK in 1960. After that, losing candidates may have remained in politics, but never run for president. It's been fifty years since 1968, and Hillary would be wise to follow the examples of McGovern, Kerry, McCain, Dole, et al.

But the other reason is that I think that Hillary has used up her political capital. She may have been suitable in 2016 (or not, depending on your point-of-view), but her time has passed. The challenges the United States will face in 2020 will be different, and I doubt that her 2016 vision for the United States will be suitable for 2020.
Hillary is more akin to the late Adlai Stevenson.

Stevenson lost the election twice, to Eisenhower. Hillary too has lost twice, although her first loss was in the primaries.

Stevenson went on to become UN ambassador and hit a home run during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Hillary should go become a university president or run a big charity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies