Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want Hillary to run again in 2020
Yes 87 32.46%
No 181 67.54%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 08:15 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Wonder who set that precedent?
Okay, actually I know.

“Former Republican Sen. George Vionovich, R-Ohio, admitted that in 2009, on the eve of Obama’s inauguration, Republicans in a secret meeting were ordered by Grover Norquist to block everything Obama wanted, even if it would help the country.”

You think Obama is not qualified? - Opinion - Salina Journal - Salina, KS

The New New Deal: Why the GOP Became the Party of No | TIME.com
Do you mean Crybaby George Voinovich??
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 08:33 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I do not want to see Hillary run again but I think she is planning on it and she could be the {D} nominee. She could copy cat the Trump strategy of separating herself from the pack and having the advantage of the votes being split between the rest of the field. Hillary has a die hard base and can raise money, her and Bill are doing so now. Hillary will have a message no other contender will have is she really beat Trump by popular vote.
Three big reasons why Trump beat Hillary. First and foremost it was because Hillary was his opponent. She is the best get out to vote incentive that the GOP could have. And with her me too husband it would be even easier this time.

Second, Trump is one of the best ever at doing campaign rallies. Whether he is making up half the stuff or not he is very colorful, very entertaining. Hillary is like the bitter school principal at the school assembly lecturing the students about behaving in class. There is just nothing about her that is likeable. Trump and Hillary remind me of Jimmy and Kim on Better Call Saul. Kim is smart and focused but very cold and aloof whereas Jimmy might be all over the map, makes questionable decisions and makes stuff up on the fly but which one would you rather sit down and have a beer with?

Third Hillary under performs in every race she has entered. Look at her first senate race. Look at her primary races against Obama and Bernie and of course her race against Trump. She only won the senate race because she was the dems have a 2-1 majority in the state. And she won by 12 percent.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:35 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Are you saying that she's still around??? Holey, Moley! Can't she take a hint?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:37 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Do you want Hillary to run again in 2020?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
No. The democratic party needs to cut her loose. She is the reason why Trump is President today.
Yes, the democrats need to keep her. She is their reason for living! I can stand the pain of seeing her campaign, because the outcome will be......FINALLY.....she'll be outta here!

Old 10-17-2018, 08:40 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The interesting thing is both times she had more votes by ordinary people in the 2008 primary but the Super Delegates went to Obama. She had more votes by ordinary people in 2016 but the Electorial College went to Trump. If I were her I’d assume God was sending me a neon sign that I wasn’t meant to be president and go find something else to occupy my remaining years.

The problem is, she truly does believe that - as does her husband and a number of others.
Yes to the bolded. And, I'm not particularly religious so that's saying something right there.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:30 AM

623 posts, read 965,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
To be clear, do you mean should she run again, or do what she did last time, that is stagger and stumble?

Crooked hillary's best hope would be that she is still living by 2020....
Your handle fits you perfect

Old 10-17-2018, 09:34 AM

623 posts, read 965,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Well, she has been running a lot...of her mouth.
Sounds like you

Old 10-17-2018, 09:35 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
This seems to be one of the few points that both sides can actually agree on. We all want Hillary to run for president again. What about you?

I voted yes.
No

Old 10-17-2018, 09:54 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Clinton would be an automatic 4 year extension for the Donald. He is praying that she runs, and he's not even someone who prays!

Indian Liz is next best for him

Old 10-17-2018, 10:16 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Hillary is more akin to the late Adlai Stevenson.

Stevenson lost the election twice, to Eisenhower. Hillary too has lost twice, although her first loss was in the primaries.

Stevenson went on to become UN ambassador and hit a home run during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Hillary should go become a university president or run a big charity.
Run a charity??

There wouldn't be any money left for, you know, the people the charity was supposed to help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies