Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 08:06 AM

9,776 posts, read 7,032,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Exactly. Last minute is dressing you in black and drawing cat whiskers on your face with black eyeliner, at most. This seems more calculated.
This. Last minute costume my arse. Did she just happen to have a Nazi armband lying around the house for little Jimmy "just in case?" C'mon. This was done to get a rise out of people and get the mom her 15 minutes of fame and an invite to the next White House press conference on the First Amendment.

And speaking of the First Amendment, this is protected under free speech. IMHO, it's stupid speech but she a little Jimmy have the right to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 08:06 AM

11,188 posts, read 8,218,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Oooooh, the big mean costume might hurt me! Get a freakin LIFE people.
Ooooh, someone had an opinion about something I disagree with. The big mean opinion might hurt me. Yes, agree, get a life.

Nobody here called to ban anything. But right from page one of the Republican playbook, (Chapter 1: Play the victim card) you guys are making crap up about people trying to bad stuff. Instead of defending someone's right to wear a Hitler costume, AND telling people they are crazy for having a problem with it (that is Gaslighting, also part of the GOP charter of Gaslight, Obstruct and Project), why not say something like "Yeah, that was in really poor taste. The teacher has a right to use her special needs kid to make racist statements, but I don't support the Nazi agenda, and while it's just a costume, Hitler is nothing to joke about. We should expect more of the people teaching our children"

You have to realize that there are really ignorant and gullible people out there. I heard of one NY City Business Chrony who has relocated to DC now, who was quoted as saying Nazi's are "fine people". We really don't want to normalize this mindset.

So yeah, while it's their right, maybe you should not be so butt-hurt when people have an opinion about it. If your opinion is different, just say so. You don't need to throw a hissy fit.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:17 AM

18,986 posts, read 8,988,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
But a devil costume would be okay?

The devil is a fictional monster. Hitler was a real monster who slaughtered millions of people.

Are you capable of seeing the difference?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:21 AM

52,222 posts, read 33,922,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Say all the people who have a freaking melt-down and feel attacked if someone tells them "Happy Holidays". Unbelievable.
unless you can demonstrate those three posters having a freaking melt-down and feeling attacked if someone tells them happy holidays, you have jack squat.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:33 AM

34,107 posts, read 18,346,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Ooooh, someone had an opinion about something I disagree with. The big mean opinion might hurt me. Yes, agree, get a life.

Nobody here called to ban anything. But right from page one of the Republican playbook, (Chapter 1: Play the victim card) you guys are making crap up about people trying to bad stuff. Instead of defending someone's right to wear a Hitler costume, AND telling people they are crazy for having a problem with it (that is Gaslighting, also part of the GOP charter of Gaslight, Obstruct and Project), why not say something like "Yeah, that was in really poor taste. The teacher has a right to use her special needs kid to make racist statements, but I don't support the Nazi agenda, and while it's just a costume, Hitler is nothing to joke about. We should expect more of the people teaching our children"

You have to realize that there are really ignorant and gullible people out there. I heard of one NY City Business Chrony who has relocated to DC now, who was quoted as saying Nazi's are "fine people". We really don't want to normalize this mindset.

So yeah, while it's their right, maybe you should not be so butt-hurt when people have an opinion about it. If your opinion is different, just say so. You don't need to throw a hissy fit.
Hissy fit? I made a comment, and you went on a multiple paragraph, unhinged rant! Yes, get a life!

Old 10-17-2018, 08:41 AM

50,057 posts, read 46,562,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
From the OP's link:

Comparing Hitler to a fictional character is offensive. I would like to know what WWII vets and Holocaust survivors think of this outfit. I suspect they would be unimpressed. It also seems like a bit of effort for a "last minute" costume. When I was a kid, "last minute" meant your mom cut eyeholes in an old sheet and told you to say "Boo!"
Today, liberals would claim you are emulating the KKK wearing a sheet.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:13 AM

13,608 posts, read 20,658,324 times
Prince Harry did the same at a party around 10 years ago.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:18 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,116,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Prince Harry did the same at a party around 10 years ago.
Oh man, I forgot about that. Still not understanding why the royal family thought that was an ok think to do.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:20 AM

15,573 posts, read 10,281,072 times
Instead of worrying about children in Hitler costumes and stupid parents, americans should be very concerned about real anti-semites...powerful democrat politicians embracing, leaders of the women's march praising, and even sitting on a stage with former president bill Clinton recently...….like this openly, proud anti-semitic man with close ties to the progressive left and politicians in the democrat party.

https://twitter.com/LouisFarrakhan/s...04476923719680

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-17-2018 at 09:29 AM..

Old 10-17-2018, 09:21 AM

13,608 posts, read 20,658,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Oh man, I forgot about that. Still not understanding why the royal family thought that was an ok think to do.
I don't think they thought that. As I recall, he was summoned to Buckingham where his grandmother upbraided him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies