Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 08:11 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,915,958 times

Advertisements

We can argue over little issues all day long. The BIG issue avoids discussion, however.
Leftists have long known that if they wanted to claim all power for the Super State that they worship, they had to get rid of the Family. The Family is the natural enemy of the Super State.
Well, here you go; here's the latest in a LONG line of evidence that that war is over:

https://www.bloombergquint.com/pursu...cultural-shift
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 08:17 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 11 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,606,161 times
What do you mean by "Super State"? I want to hear it in your own words.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:21 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,191,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
We can argue over little issues all day long. The BIG issue avoids discussion, however.
Leftists have long known that if they wanted to claim all power for the Super State that they worship, they had to get rid of the Family. The Family is the natural enemy of the Super State.
Well, here you go; here's the latest in a LONG line of evidence that that war is over:

Interesting article. You should read it! I'd say the definition of 'family' has changed. Most of the out of wedlock births occur in relationships.

Not sure why you think this cultural shift is because the 'leftist' (what does that mean to you?) want some sort of 'Super State.' Again, read the article. I don't think you understood it.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:24 AM

18,507 posts, read 9,183,958 times
Quote:

More paranoia from the James Dobson crowd.

By the way, I was raised in a “James Dobson” home. I personally know how bankrupt the “Jesus and Family” movement really is.

I’d have been better off growing up in a foster home than with my far-right religious parents.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:26 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,819,165 times
From the article:
Quote:
The data show such births in the U.S. and EU are predominantly to unmarried couples living together rather than to single mothers, the report says.
Quote:
Jones also noted that the rise in births outside of marriage is closely correlated to delays in childbearing. “Women are claiming their ground professionally,” she said. “Delaying motherhood is a rational decision when you consider the impact it can have on your career, and that’s contributing to this trend.”

The average age an American woman has her first child is now 27, up from 22 in 1970. As the marriage rate has fallen in the U.S.—and those who do tie the knot do so later in life—the number of adults in cohabiting relationships has steadily risen. This shift is most evident among those under age 35, who represent half of all cohabiting couples.
Quote:
Regardless of marital status, more couples are choosing not to have kids at all. The U.S. fertility rate hit a historic 30-year low last year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
So in other words, people are having less children overall, and waiting longer to have them when they do... and tend to be living together as adults in their 20s when the children are born.

Just adding a bit of nuance to the conversation that was likely going to get overlooked. LOL

Discuss.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Interesting article. You should read it! I'd say the definition of 'family' has changed. Most of the out of wedlock births occur in relationships.

Not sure why you think this cultural shift is because the 'leftist' (what does that mean to you?) want some sort of 'Super State.' Again, read the article. I don't think you understood it.
I read it. And I understood it.
The Family is dead.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:28 AM

17,020 posts, read 12,615,413 times
My boss in my 2nd job has been unmarried with the same woman about 10 years. they have a 6 year old together and live together. Not perfect but far from the pushed image of a poor unmarried single mom.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:30 AM

18,507 posts, read 9,183,958 times
Quote:
The Family is dead.
That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Quite a few families are dysfunctional and toxic.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Good question. Most people think it just means the Government. But that's too simplistic. It's better to think of an octopus (a really huge one, like a Leviathan...................................)
The government is the head. But there are tentacles, too. The government has wormed its way into all kinds of social life..............institutions, informal activity, the business community............almost everywhere.

It's huge, it's powerful, and its followers have won.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:31 AM

34,254 posts, read 18,620,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Big, centralized, Federal government. A collective like the USSR. Both the Democrats, and Republicans want big government, dependency, and control, and they are getting it. As in the USSR, the family was the enemy of the state. The STATE views the family as competition. Why do you think government pays single mothers so well? Why do you think the media, and education has demonized faith, and religion so much, especially Christianity, and Judaism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies