Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 03:09 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Let me save everyone some time here.

Guess who?

Soros! At least, according to Glenn Beck.
So...who is funding Pueblos Sin Fronteras? Do tell.

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 10-29-2018 at 03:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If these people are so dedicated to coming to the USA that they would walk 1000 miles i'd say these are the kind of hard working immigrants this country needs.
How about we send them all to Canada?

First of all, It has been repeated time and time again---they aren't walking the whole way. There are photos of them riding in trucks. In fact, one of them died when he fell of a flatbed truck.

We don't need "[these] kind of hard working immigrants". We have plenty of unskilled American citizens who have been displaced by illegals or have seen their wages depressed.

Are you even aware that this group forced their way into Mexico? No one needs people who behave so badly here.

Old 10-29-2018, 03:13 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
How about we send them all to Canada?

First of all, It has been repeated time and time again---they aren't walking the whole way. There are photos of them riding in trucks. In fact, one of them died when he fell of a flatbed truck.

We don't need "[these] kind of hard working immigrants". We have plenty of unskilled American citizens who have been displaced by illegals or have seen their wages depressed.

Are you even aware that this group forced their way into Mexico? No one needs people who behave so badly here.

We have practically 0 unemployment.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-29-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
You live in Canada but you could certainly be right in that thinking!
Are you willing to open up your own home to these "sweet innocent people who wouldn't hurt a fly"? After all, you libs think that these caravan members are like that. So, what do you have to lose by opening up your own home to them?

Old 10-29-2018, 03:14 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No source for that, huh? The reason I ask is that I found an article with quotes from General O'Shaughnessy but there is no mention of weapons...

In fact another article specifically states that the troops will not be armed:

so..I will be anxiously waiting for you to post the source where you got your information from
I heard it during the press conference.

Do you actually think the troops are going down there with sharp sticks and harsh words?

Old 10-29-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
We have practically 0 unemployment.
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...ed-monthly.asp

Underemployed people are considered to be employed. Part-time workers who want full-time work are considered to be employed. The truth is that many contractors in the construction industries have lost their livelihood due to the fact that they can't compete with sleazy contractors who hire illegals and pay them under the table.

These people in the caravans are functionally illiterate plus unskilled. We don't need them here competing with unskilled American citizens.

Besides, what happens when a recession hits? We don't need these people taking jobs during hard times for Americans.

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No source for that, huh? The reason I ask is that I found an article with quotes from General O'Shaughnessy but there is no mention of weapons...

In fact another article specifically states that the troops will not be armed:

so..I will be anxiously waiting for you to post the source where you got your information from

You know, not all weapons go boom...right?

https://gizmodo.com/what-is-the-lrad...cannon-5860592

Now, they specifically don't call it a weapon, but it can cause permanent hearing loss....

Quote:
The 500x is also capable of short bursts of directed sound that cause severe headaches in anyone within a 300-meter range. Anyone within 15 meters of the device's audio path can experience permanent hearing loss. LRAD claims the device is not a weapon, but a "directed-sound communication device."

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So I have a question.

If Mexico's economy/social structure can easily absorb these people, and they're very willing to do it, why can't the US?
What makes you think that the Mexican economy/social structure can easily absorb them? Do you have proof of that?

Old 10-29-2018, 03:23 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Are you willing to open up your own home to these "sweet innocent people who wouldn't hurt a fly"? After all, you libs think that these caravan members are like that. So, what do you have to lose by opening up your own home to them?
They need to be sure to take this guy in...if nothing else, at least he's honest about his trying to kill people....

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/fo...h4VaN2ObDe7fmA

Old 10-29-2018, 03:32 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You know, not all weapons go boom...right?

https://gizmodo.com/what-is-the-lrad...cannon-5860592

Now, they specifically don't call it a weapon, but it can cause permanent hearing loss....
I'm sure they will have many crowd-disbursement weapons, but they should have real weapons on hand just in case they need to defend themselves against the invaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies