Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 09:27 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Perhaps the Koch brothers. Aren't libertarians the REAL party of 'open borders'?

Are they still floating around that photo from 2012?
So...you can't prove that Soros isn't funding them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 09:28 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This has proven that everyone lives within walking distance of the border.
No it hasn't.

But it has proven that Trumplings sure have their knickers in a knot over it.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:29 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
YOU made the blanket statement that rubber bullets are not legal for citizens to use.
I said in some countries they're legal and you stated I was wrong.
I posted evidence to the contrary and now you're saying these aren't the *right* kind of rubber bullets.

I realize you can never admit you're wrong about something, but this is ridiculous even by your measly standards.
Read what you posted. Rubber bullet guns for personal defense. Rigged so they fire only rubber rounds.

No I made no comment about the legality of rubber bullets. In fact in the US I would suspect any skilled DIYer could do their own.

What I said was they are virtually impossible to obtain and are almost never used by other than governmental agents.

you have no point other than a personal attack.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:29 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Last time they were a "1000 miles away", they showed up at the border in two days. They're not walking.
Prove it.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:30 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Our immigration laws need a complete overhaul.

How will this happen when both parties are so far apart on this issue?
Welcome to American politics, where the only two viable political parties are polar opposites of each other.

It’s sad to live in a country where liberals care more about illegal immigrants than their own constiutens living in perpetual poverty

Old 10-29-2018, 09:33 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Sure, let's just shoot the women and children first. That will really get their attention.

And Trumpees are bewildered by our references to how this Trump era is so reminiscent of Nazi Germany. Maybe we need to pack them all onto trains to speed up the process.
I don't doubt, that there's a substantial and vibrant contingent of Americans, who think that the illegal "problem" merits a "final solution" (Endloesung).

Old 10-29-2018, 09:44 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Welcome to American politics, where the only two viable political parties are polar opposites of each other.

It’s sad to live in a country where liberals care more about illegal immigrants than their own constituents living in perpetual poverty
I have to say that a bleeding-heart cares more about illegal immigrant than US citizens. They think we should feed the world and open our boarders to anyone who wants to come here and pay for it with other peoples money.

Liberal is different depending on where you live. I grew up in Houston and have always considered myself liberal. I moved to CA 9 years ago and what is deemed liberal here is foreign to me. Here most liberals are truly bleeding-hearts.

A bleeding-heart is not the same thing as a liberal.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:19 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Along with calling the caravan an "invasion" ofcourse the BRAINLESS MORON is implying that our military is going to fire upon those people, because he is toooooooo freaking stupid to even know about~

Pos·se Com·i·ta·tus Act.
[ˌpäsē ˌkämiˈtādəs ˌakt]
NOUN

law
a federal statute prohibiting use of the military in civilian law enforcement
This has nothing to do with posse comitatus. The constitutional job of the military is to repel invasion. That’s what it’s being used for here.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:19 PM

107 posts, read 74,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually the barriers broken through appear to be barriers designed to hold them in. So you oppose the right of people to leave a country.

It appears there were skirmishes involving rocks thrown at tear gas from the Mexican police. Does a peaceful group have a right to defend themselves against an attack from the authorities. An Interesting question. Did the southern freedom riders have a right to resist the dogs?

I don’t know if you are being sarcastic but just in case, this are your peaceful protesters. What are they protesting who the feck knows but whatever it is why should Mexico give a feck they should go to their own country and protest to their government and throw rocks at their government officials. By the way some of them were carrying guns. One of your peaceful protests got kill by its own mob of peaceful protesters too.

this happend yesterday at the guatemala mexico border.

this scumbags heading to your neighborhood soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTfwSbctNTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94VQSXtF00c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6NY7yedDKk

at the end they were not let through by Mexico and they tried it by crossing the river and they were detained by Mexican police and taken in to custody to be deported.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoBDGaUiyrc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYZfWS_Cz4Q&t=773s

Old 10-29-2018, 10:20 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Mom was thrown in as she was the ultimate expert with 40 years of experience and summa *** laude school achievements. Also an LLB and LLM. But her first love and skill was the language. And particularly presenting it properly to the public.

I am the rogue engineer. But i learned a lot. A situation which obviously you never shared.

As to laws one does not enforce the unenforceable. The Feds can pass a law directing the sun not to rise. See how well that works out.

At this point the real issue is that our immigration laws are unenforceable. There are simply too many illegal aliens and the society declines the awful battle that would result from an attempt to actually enforce the immigration laws.

So the choices are to fix it by legalizing most of them or simply put up with increasing numbers of illegals as the immigration authorities fail to contain the problem.
You resist, whine, complain, dodge, and misdirect whenever anything is suggested that is not amnesty. Your "solution" is really absurd. You want to legalize millions of unknown unvetted people because the problem is "too hard", then resist any means to address how they managed to enter into the country in the first place. It doesn't take a genius to figure bout that they will keep coming. That's why you're never going to get amnesty, who would take that deal? Nobody. First address how they manage to get in, then focus on capturing and deporting those here. It is a big task but we can do it.

Only two things we need to know:

Fix how they get in.
Deport those law breakers here already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies