Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 09:59 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
What's more important to YOU: Immigration laws, or the teachings of Jesus Christ?

If people don't follow the laws of the land, in this case the immigration laws, then they aren't following the bible .. plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 10:26 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Definitely immigration laws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Please cite those who said they'd be here to vote in the election and what's a Trumpett? The way you wrote this implies that all or the majority of Trump supporters said this and that's blatantly untrue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Our immigration laws are not in conflict with the teachings of Jesus Christ. He also said obey the laws of the land, his Ten Commandments and not take from others what doesn't belong to you. Do you not also realize how sparsely populated the whole world was back then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
If people don't follow the laws of the land, in this case the immigration laws, then they aren't following the bible .. plain and simple.
Fair enough. I don't agree, but respect your opinions. I assume you're all Americans. Luckily for us, we were fortunate to be born and live in the one place that most others wish they could get to.

I wonder if your opinions would change if the shoe were on the other foot, and YOU folks were the ones fleeing the drug cartel violence of Honduras and other Central American countries. If recruiters and enforers for drug cartels threatened to cut off YOUR son's head with a machete if he didn't join the drug gang, so you fled to the USA seeking help and refuge. I wonder if you guys would still choose immigration laws over the teachings of the bible about aiding and caring for refugees and immigrants who need help.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:32 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
I wonder if your opinions would change if the shoe were on the other foot, and YOU folks were the ones fleeing the drug cartel violence of Honduras and other Central American countries. If recruiters and enforers for drug cartels threatened to cut off YOUR son's head with a machete if he didn't join the drug gang, so you fled to the USA seeking help and refuge. I wonder if you guys would still choose immigration laws over the teachings of the bible about aiding and caring for refugees and immigrants who need help.
Probably not a good idea to base your life decisions on imagined scenarios that aren't consistent with the reality of the situation.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:44 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Then you would vote Democrat for your "free" healthcare unicorn.... While people who want safe borders and real healthcare reform will vote Republican... There are 10000 now and some are expected to hit the border real soon, but what do you care....
You are only off by 5,000

Quote:
Mexico's Interior Ministry estimated over the weekend that there are more than 5,000 migrants in total currently moving through southern Mexico via the caravans or in smaller groups. The ministry said 2,793 migrants have applied for refugee status in Mexico in recent weeks and around 500 have asked for assistance to return to their home countries. Migrant caravan pushes on toward Mexico's capital

Old 11-05-2018, 10:49 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
Quote:
What's more important to YOU: Immigration laws, or the teachings of Jesus Christ?

Immigration laws definitely.

If the laws are followed, those who are genuinely seeking asylum should be allowed entry under the GC. Those who aren’t and are looking for other means of getting in should be told about the legal processes to enter our country and turned away if they don’t want to comply. The fuss that Trump is making about this caravan is ridiculous to me. he is doing his damn best to make sure people in his base get all riled up over these so called illegal immigrants who haven’t even entered our country illegally. They aren’t even near our borders yet and he is screaming “illegals†left and right.

There are laws for a reason.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:22 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
I wonder if your opinions would change if the shoe were on the other foot,

I imagine they would, which is why I can't really fault the migrants for wanting to come here. But I'm an American, and as such my primary interest is the health and safety and well-being of the United States of America. And I just don't see how admitting these migrants is beneficial to the United States. Quite the opposite, actually.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:28 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
A large number of the world's population wants to come here, we don't owe them anything, they don't deserve it. Bringing them here doesn't solve their problems, they will still be poor people hassled by gangs here.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I thought we lived in a nation that has gone long and far against bullying, and discriminating against disabled people?

Have we not spent the past two years listening to liberals lambast Trump for what appeared to be an off-the-cuff mocking of a disabled person?

And now we have a network television show actually writing a discriminating joke against a disabled man into their script, and people are wondering why the backlash?

Jesus Christ, people. Clarity is really needed.
How is this related to this thread in any way? Do tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Don't throw rocks then. Their choice.
Trump has backed so far off of that it probably made your head spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Why do you continue to make **** up?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ts-made-it-us/

122 were arrested for jumping the border.

The below is what I read and first said 11 so I stand corrected.
Quote:
The DOJ said that 29 people, including the 11 people charged, were arrested in five separate incidents from April 27 to 29. According to DOJ documents, 18 people were arrested by Border Patrol at a location known to BP agents as "Goat Canyon" on April 27 at around 9 p.m.
Of the 18 people arrested in that incident, 13 were from Honduras, three were from India, one was from Mexico and another was from Guatemala.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:39 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How is this related to this thread in any way? Do tell.
I mistakenly left this post on the wrong thread. I'm sorry it's nothing more worthy that that.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:06 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
My taxes have contributed to the well being of all refugees entering Canada and i have no problem with it..
I'm curious as to what will happen on your border when and if these refugees arrive, seems like they will be met with the army,barbed wire and if any of them throw a rock deadly force will be their reward.
That's a cop out If you care so much about the refugees, then you would stop talking the talk and walking the walk.

I know a woman who lives in Australia who has volunteered to help resettle refugees. She has a family and works full-time. Yet she makes time to help refugee families adjust to life in Australia. She even has them over for dinner at her home on a regular basis. Plus she has opened her wallet and helped them furnish their places. When one family is settled, she helps another. I admire those who put their money and time where their mouths are.

Again, no need for you to worry when the caravans arrive at the US border. I seriously doubt that they will then make their way to Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies