Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2018, 12:17 PM

35,911 posts, read 30,458,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Exactly how am I misrepresenting anything? Please be specific.

As of last night the Mexican gov’t counted 4,500 migrants in the soccer stadium. Do you want to argue that that’s not a lot of people?
I think the poster believes facts are what he sees in his magic 8 ball.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 12:19 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,449,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
It isn’t enormous... and it isn’t growing.

By the time it gets here it will be 2019
I disagree. They will cross soon, while the weather is still tolerable and not too cold yet. Some of them will stay in Mexico, some will splinter off toward the west coast, and the rest can jump a train and be here in a couple days. Nationwide media won’t stay on the story, but print news and local tv stations here along the border will.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:19 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,211,083 times
Quote:
We get it. You don’t like Trump. Opinion noted. Regardless, there is still an enormous caravan intending to make their way to the States. There are a couple caravans behind it. They are 650 miles from McAllen Texas, currently resting at the aid center that the Mexican gov’t has established for them.

There. Now you’re up to speed. Go hate away.
Quote:
Exactly how am I misrepresenting anything? Please be specific.

As of last night the Mexican gov’t counted 4,500 migrants in the soccer stadium. Do you want to argue that that’s not a lot of people?
Cannot remember your own posts?

No it is in no way "enormous". 50,000 or 100,000 would be enormous. It is simply a mild uptick easily handled.

And the US army said early on that about 20% of the original 7,000 would actually make it to the border.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:20 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,388,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Well, coverage of the migrant caravan stopped on November 7. Just like coverage of Weiner's laptop stopped November 9, 2016. Just like coverage of Ebola stopped November 5, 2014.
And let's not forget about Benghazi and her emails which stopped on back in 2016 too.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:21 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,449,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

No it is in no way "enormous". 50,000 or 100,000 would be enormous. It is simply a mild uptick easily handled.

And the US army said early on that about 20% of the original 7,000 would actually make it to the border.
I personally think 4,500 migrants is an enormous amount of people. You don’t. So what we have is a disagreement of terms. Oh well.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:21 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,673,011 times
Quote:
Can’t believe the media fell for that bull
Me either. I think they should ignore Trump altogether. But of course they won't.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:29 PM

62,354 posts, read 28,634,738 times
be
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
That is the only reason I'm so rude and obnoxious towards the Trump supporters here. At least, the nasty ones anyway.

Many of the most active Trump supporters in the political section are condescending and nasty towards people who don't agree with them, so I dish it right back. I'm nasty and condescending right back to them.

There are a few decent people on this site who support Trump or are at least pretty far right-leaning. I don't agree with hardly any of their political opinions, but they can actually hold civil conversations so I am polite with them when debating.

But I have no problem being a jerk to the Trump supporters who are jerks themselves. Many of them like Trump's behavior because they are rude just like him, so I just dish it right back to them.

But any and everyone here who is kind, regardless of political opinions, I am kind and respectful back to them.

I'm sure I could find plenty of posts of yours where you replied nastily to a poster that wasn't nasty to you but I'll leave it at that.

Here's something you said that was a complete exaggeration. How do exaggerations help encourage civil discussion?

Quote: "So in other words, before the midterms, conservative outlets and political commercials wanted to convince people that a group of "killer migrants who were going to invade America." But as soon as the midterms are over, Fox News, Breitbart, etc now aren't even covering the caravan anymore, because it's a nothing burger".

No one said that. There are some unsavory people in the caravan according to the DHS site I provided but no one said that all or many of them are "killer migrants".

We also set you straight on your implications that conservative news sources and Trump have stopped covering the caravan because the mid term elections are over. I set you straight that there was a meeting yesterday with Trump to change our asylum requirements which is to be singed tomorrow. I got that from a news source. You were also told by another poster that the caravan is resting in Mexico City right now so what's there to report?

Old 11-08-2018, 12:31 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,543,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

The percentage will most likely be lower than 20% by the time they get to the border. In the past a lot of them either turned around or just stayed in Mexico.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:34 PM

18,610 posts, read 7,446,494 times
Quote:
If Trump was so honest why isn’t he still talking about the caravans?

We know why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
But Trump kept pushing the caravan. And pushing and pushing until he didn't need to anymore. Every. Single. Rally.
You folks need to get your stories straight.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:35 PM

25,324 posts, read 16,958,731 times
So what do liberals want? The troops are at the border with concertina wire and the navy is building tent cities. Do they want to know more about the caravan? Do they believe it doesn't exist?

Nah. As usual, liberals don't want anything. Just complain. They complain if the media talks about the caravan, complain if it doesn't. They complain if it is called an invasion. Complain if criminals are discovered in the ranks.
Liberals don't want anything. They wouldn't know how to get it if they did want something.

Hey Lib! You don't want to talk about the caravan? Then shut up about it. We'll take care of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies