Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 12:51 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
The US could build a wall...or we could end the failed war on drugs and invest in developing these regions...
Seriously?

Not all of the illegal traffic is drug related. Many are just illegals who want to come here for the freebies.

"Invest in developing these regions"? Seriously? The US has given these countries untold millions of dollars in aid. And for what? Nothing changes. The corrupt politicians just line their pockets with the money.

We need to build that 700 mile wall! Once again, for the umpteenth time, walls do work. The wall that Bill Clinton had built on the San Diego/Tijuana border has drastically cut down on crimes and illegal crossings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 12:52 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Obama was pretty strict and relentless on deporting illegal immigrants. I doubt, Trump will come close to the sheer numbers of breaking up families/separating children from parents, and deporting illegal immigrants like Obama did. Not even close! It just wasn't covered by left wing media, as it is today. These recent pics of children in dog type cages separated from their parent/s was back when Obama was President.
I think the story on this is there were more people illegally crossing the border under Obama so there were more returns of Mexicans at the border and removals of those other than Mexican turned over to ICE added together. But Trump has been doing more removals of those caught residing in the interior of the country than Obama was. But it's not enough and there seems like a lot of illegals roaming around the interior of the country.

Old 10-22-2018, 12:53 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You're the one doing that. The constitution's 14th amendment does not intend illegals born in the US are citizens. If you are illegal your only relevant right is to due process before being deported.

The real question is why should we have birthright citizenship and immigration to begin with? Most everyone should be for ending both.
It isn't just my interpretation and these changes you'd want would be bogged down in the courts for years. Granted the Supreme Court rarely gets involved in administrative law like immigration, but I feel it would need to take a look into who the Constitution applies to and if illegal immigrants much less foreign travelers in general are subject to it.

As for your question, the problem with birthright citizenship is when do we start it from?
Immigration itself is rather natural. I mean animals migrate when the area they live in is now hostile and inhospitable. It is in our nature.

Old 10-22-2018, 12:54 AM

323 posts, read 199,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
It looks like the migrant caravan might get a visit by Hurricane Willa which is a category 4 storm headed their way. We might not have to take any action after all.
Forgot to mention that as cruel as this sounds, maybe these people are getting their just deserts. By burning American flags and drawing swastikas on it, and seeing pictures of them showing us the middle finger and demanding we let them in, I guess the laughs are all on them. The only ones I truly feel sorry for is the kids. They got dragged into this by idiotic parents trying to defy our laws. They better hunker down is all I can say. Willa is on her way...

Holy Moly! It is now almost a category 5 Storm!

..WILLA RAPIDLY INTENSIFIES TO NEAR-CATEGORY 5 STRENGTH... ...EXPECTED TO PRODUCE LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE, WIND, AND RAINFALL OVER PORTIONS OF WEST-CENTRAL AND SOUTHWESTERN MEXICO...

Viva Hurricane Willa!!

Last edited by dk1111; 10-22-2018 at 01:14 AM..

Old 10-22-2018, 12:55 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
God voted for Trump too, lol!
Please everyone knows God is in Canada drinking a Molson wondering what did we do wrong to have to choose between Hillary and Trump.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Please everyone knows God is in Canada drinking a Molson wondering what did we do wrong to have to choose between Hillary and Trump.
No. Canadian citizens are getting pissed with liberalism too because the illegals are now rushing their borders while Justine just sits back, does nothing and tries to glue his eyebrows back on.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:01 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Obama was pretty strict and relentless on deporting illegal immigrants. I doubt, Trump will come close to the sheer numbers of breaking up families/separating children from parents, and deporting illegal immigrants like Obama did. Not even close! It just wasn't covered by left wing media, as it is today. These recent pics of children in dog type cages separated from their parent/s was back when Obama was President.
Can’t argue with that, many of Trumps immigration policies were enacted under Obama including the travel ban.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It isn't just my interpretation and these changes you'd want would be bogged down in the courts for years. Granted the Supreme Court rarely gets involved in administrative law like immigration, but I feel it would need to take a look into who the Constitution applies to and if illegal immigrants much less foreign travelers in general are subject to it.

As for your question, the problem with birthright citizenship is when do we start it from?
Immigration itself is rather natural. I mean animals migrate when the area they live in is now hostile and inhospitable. It is in our nature.
It's also natural for animals of the same species to be hostile and inhospitable toward those moving in on and imposing themselves on to their territory.

Last edited by mtl1; 10-22-2018 at 01:16 AM..

Old 10-22-2018, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's also natural for animals of the same species to be hostile and inhospitable toward those moving in on and imposing themselves on to the their territory.
Too bad I can't rep you again.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Too bad I can't rep you again.
I'll take a raincheck . Also animals don't migrate to better pastures straight from Honduras to Minnesota, and then never take a hint and never migrate back to where they came. Comparing illegal immigrants to animals is an insult to animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies