Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 09:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
It's very clear that migrants find America's social programs appealing however they are primarily here to take advantage of our weakening labor laws..

The question I intend to pose from this thread is who created the situation where these people can legitimately claim Asylum in the United States. It's my firm opinion that the drug war is the primary cause of South American and Latin American violence and political unrest therefore the creators of the drug war are the people I blame for the existence of the Caravan and the overall political instability and levels of violence in Latin America.

I hate liberal politically correct social justice Warriors more than any man walking but in this case I think it's clear that conservative Republicans created the drug war and subsequently the Caravan.
It is Obama, Bush & Bill Clintons fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 09:18 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
It's very clear that migrants find America's social programs appealing however they are primarily here to take advantage of our weakening labor laws..

The question I intend to pose from this thread is who created the situation where these people can legitimately claim Asylum in the United States. It's my firm opinion that the drug war is the primary cause of South American and Latin American violence and political unrest therefore the creators of the drug war are the people I blame for the existence of the Caravan and the overall political instability and levels of violence in Latin America.

I hate liberal politically correct social justice Warriors more than any man walking but in this case I think it's clear that conservative Republicans created the drug war and subsequently the Caravan.

Of course it also takes Americans to make that happen but they get a pass. Couldn't upset campaign contributors now, could we?

Old 11-21-2018, 09:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
You should place blame on the Republicans who hire them.
Big Money Open Borders Globalist hire them.
Political partys are a smoke screen.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:21 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE for the THE CARAVAN??

1.) The govts of the third-world countries they came from, for failing to enforce their laws and keep the levels of crime, corruption and oppression low enough that their people wouldn't want to flee their own country in huge numbers.

2.) The govt of the United States, for failing to enforce their own laws and keep people from flooding in illegally, and even offering those illegal aliens goodies to come here.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:21 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Lets see I spend about $5 a week on dairy products. So if I have to spend $9 a week to ensure that our labor market is functioning with legal hires I fine with that. And poor people who can't take care of their kids get milk for free through WIC and EBT cards so what is the problem?
It's just BS anyway as only 2-4% of illegals are working in the farming industry and for those jobs there are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign workers. Those who hire illegals instead only pocket the profits from their cheap, illegal workers they don't pass any savings on to the consumer but what they do pass on to the taxpayer are their enormous socials costs. Those cheap dairy products aren't so cheap after all, are they?

Old 11-21-2018, 09:22 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
You should place blame on the Republicans who hire them.
Damn zombies

Old 11-21-2018, 09:25 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,899,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Damn zombies
Don't insult yourself, please.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
How on earth would you personally know that? That is the sort of information people keep on the "down low" for obvious reasons.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/fe...ere-illegally/

35% of foreign born Vegas born residents are here illegally. And construction jobs are the most likely jobs for illegal alien men. The truth is that it is almost certain that a majority of constructions jobs are held by illegals in Vegas.
The absolute truth and it's pretty much true everywhere especially here in the southwest. They get an all Spanish speaking crew whom most are here illegally and only other Spanish speakers will get hired so they can communicate with the others. A mono-lingual English speaker doesn't get hired for those jobs anymore. Not to mention that they can't compete with illegals at the low wages offered.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:33 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE for the THE CARAVAN??

1.) The govts of the third-world countries they came from, for failing to enforce their laws and keep the levels of crime, corruption and oppression low enough that their people wouldn't want to flee their own country in huge numbers.

2.) The govt of the United States, for failing to enforce their own laws and keep people from flooding in illegally, and even offering those illegal aliens goodies to come here.
3. In the case of Guatemala indeed it`s the fault of the U.S. govt. We deposed their democratically elected president in 1954 who wanted to bring the people a guaranteed minimum wage and universal suffrage. We decided that he was a commie and had to go.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EighthSphere View Post
Money, jobs, safe place to go. The USA did screw up several governments in central and South American in the 70's and 80's, a lesson we still have not learned. Add in businesses who hire illegal first for low wages, relatives who can provide shelter in USA, and need for physically intensive workers. I have yet to meet a parent at a school event who says "I want my kid to be a blue collar worker with physical job" regardless of the parents background or education so I think it will continue weather we build a wall or not. We envision our children escaping the world of digging ditches and shoveling rocks that many of us had to do to make a living.

Why would these Central Americans be fleeing in 2018 if it were a fact that it was the U.S.'s policies clear back in the 70's and 80's for them coming here? That makes no sense at all.

We don't need any more manual laborers in our country. We have plenty of American blue-collared workers. Doesn't matter what any parents want for their kids many can't afford a college education and don't want to be a white collared desk jockey and there's nothing wrong with that.

No, the good walls do work and the 700 miles needs to be completed on the most porous areas of the border as already approved by congress back in 2006. I have already posted several links proving that they are very effective. Will it end illegal entry 100%? No, but they are effective enough to cut it back immensely.

By the way, money and jobs are not a valid reason to come here and claim asylum so they will be rejected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies