Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 03:15 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't think we should at all, we have our own problems but if 1/2 of the country is determined to give our tax money to illegals it's cheaper to cut a check and send it than have them in our backyard. At least they and their offspring can never vote.
1/2 the country is NOT willing to send ANY of THEIR money to illegals. But they are willing to send OTHER PEOPLE's MONEY to illegals. Which is why we need a small and highly limited government that doesn't take much of our money in the first place. Altruism is such a cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 03:25 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer
I don't think we should at all, we have our own problems but if 1/2 of the country is determined to give our tax money to illegals it's cheaper to cut a check and send it than have them in our backyard. At least they and their offspring can never vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
1/2 the country is NOT willing to send ANY of THEIR money to illegals. But they are willing to send OTHER PEOPLE's MONEY to illegals. Which is why we need a small and highly limited government that doesn't take much of our money in the first place. Altruism is such a cancer.

THAT is why I suggested a Go Fund Me Page for the caravan camp at the border.

If the Dems really want to help these people then donate to the fund. That is far better than letting them into the country that they would like to do. I have no problem with someone giving their own money to the cause, I just don't want my tax money going to help people that are trying to bend and break our laws.

Go Fund Me. #Caravan Camp. or even better would be #Caravan Trump Town.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:27 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
it's a legitimate concern.

My wife is Taiwanese immigrated here on a spousal visa. I don't have to remind you that Taiwan has first world standard of living & healthcare. Yet, she had to go through a complete health (blood, urine, xray, everything) check and show proof of immunizations before the US consulate issued her a visa to travel to US.

These migrants in the caravans are from undeveloped third world nations with poor standard of living & healthcare.

You do the math.
Nope. It’s good ‘ol fashioned fear-mongering and y’all know it.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:46 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Nope. It’s good ‘ol fashioned fear-mongering and y’all know it.
Very articulate and well thought answer

Old 11-28-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Very articulate and well thought answer
Too good for a southwestern, American, dialect?

What part of that was confusing for you? I’m assuming none of it, because you clearly understood what was being said, yet failed to address what I was saying.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:01 PM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I was also wondering if they are bringing in diseases. one little girl from Arizona child became suddenly paralyzed. She rushed her to the emergency room and the muscle weakness worsened so much that the child was put on a ventilator to help her breathe.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...s-kids-n750276

But Democrats are more worried about illegal immigrants than American children. Do we really want to take a chance with children's lives Democrats.
Immigrants are not bringing in acute flaccid paralysis. It has more than one cause, and the viruses that are associated with some cases circulate in the wild in the US. Those viruses are common and usually just cause bad colds. No one knows why some kids are getting paralysis and some do not.

I do not like illegal immigration either, but this disease cannot be blamed on illegal aliens.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Too good for a southwestern, American, dialect?

What part of that was confusing for you? I’m assuming none of it, because you clearly understood what was being said, yet failed to address what I was saying.
Then explain why DOS requires immigrants like my wife to complete medical check for communicable diseases and immunization shots before issuing out visas?

Now keep this in mind, the government has been doing this one way or another for a long time.

Ellis Island - Medical examination

Old 11-28-2018, 05:59 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Take a look at the average IQ in Honduras. It is well below average:

https://brainstats.com/average-iq-in-honduras.html

The US has no need for these unskilled, functionally illiterate people. They are nothing but a drain on us.
You probably should do a little research on Richard Lynn before you start using his fake data to make whatever point it is you had in mind. In conducting IQ tests in Africa he threw out all results with an IQ of higher than 75 claiming they were not representative of the population. https://foreignpolicy.com/2012/04/30/dumb-and-dumber-3/

Old 11-28-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Then explain why DOS requires immigrants like my wife to complete medical check for communicable diseases and immunization shots before issuing out visas?

Now keep this in mind, the government has been doing this one way or another for a long time.

Ellis Island - Medical examination
For the same reasons that public schools do, obviously.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
For the same reasons that public schools do, obviously.
So every migrant in the caravan will be attending k12 school?
Including the adults?

I guess they will copy the 31 year old syrian refugee pretended to be 15 year old high schooler in Europe

Last edited by Du Ma; 11-28-2018 at 06:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies