Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 10:17 AM

15,495 posts, read 10,433,378 times

Advertisements

I'm not fond of the way Mexico has been handling these things, you know it's been going on for years. However, this is the first time I've seen Mexico try to control the situation. I have to give them a tiny bit of credit for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 10:18 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,584,212 times
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
This invasion atrocity is planned. It's planned. This is not organic.

And now, I'm hearing that a SECOND caravan is forming behind the first one. This is getting very chilling. President Trump needs to send our National Guard immediately.

Yes, it has all been planned and funded by Soros since 2010.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:19 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,210,279 times
Mexico : now sending the worst people in Latin America to the US.

Thanks Mexicants!

Old 10-22-2018, 10:19 AM

6,719 posts, read 3,332,435 times
To me, when you have 7,000 migrants marching towards our border carrying a foreign flag, armed or not, that constitutes a threat. If they broke down fences in Mexico and overwhelmed the Federales, they will do the same thing here. This MUST be stopped.

These migrants cannot be allowed to invade our country. We don't know who they are or what they bring with them. Drugs, human trafficking, and disease are among the many reasons to keep them out. They have NO right to be here.

And FWIW, both Bush & Obama sent troops to the border and nobody said a word. This president deserves the same benefit of the doubt, but the left will never let that happen. They will cry their usual liberal tears and disparage Trump in their hypocrisy.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:20 AM

15,800 posts, read 14,409,875 times
Default How will Central American invasion of the southern border effect the election?

This thread is where the "Illegal Immigration" and "Election" forums meet, so I'll put this here.

The mass of Central American wannabe illegal immigrants is winding up through Mexico. By the time it hits the boarder, the Midterms will be happening, or about to be. How is this going to play in the elections?

Personally I think it helps the Republicans. I think it shows the need for more border security and better internal security to find and deport illegal. I think this is going to rile up voters who care about this, and get some who are neutral to start caring.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:20 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,193,573 times
President Trump says invasion is a national emergency

He also says it's fine to allow the prime suspects in a murder to investigate themselves.

WHY should I believe anything he says is sensible and not meant solely to further his personal agenda?

Old 10-22-2018, 10:21 AM

18,660 posts, read 7,534,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
I wish Trump would use some low flying bombers to strafe them. Sends a CLEAR message.
Walking across a border should get the Death Penalty?

8,838 posts, read 4,510,325 times
Why wait for them to reach our boarders? Send a few attack helicopters to intercept them about 10 to 15 miles from the boarder, launch a lot of tear gas, let them know the second flight will be worse.

23,423 posts, read 17,101,753 times
Democrats will welcome the mob with open arms.

Vote D if you wish to welcome the mob......odd, asylum seekers with hate trump signs and Honduran flags????????? If you so wanted to be accepted into a foreign land you would not be insulting the land where you intend to live.

Need emergency legislation to end catch and release...NOW!

Let's see where democrats stand on this invasion.

Wonder why the UN ignores a mass migration and does not intervene?

Let not one invader into our country.

Emergency legislation needed more than a wall. C&R is the bait that makes an invasion an effective strategy for entry into the USA.

Emergency legislation and then a wall.

Legislators are grossly negligent if they do not meet today and end catch and release. Stop baiting illegal entry!!!!!!

Annex Mexico!

7,168 posts, read 5,354,324 times
I have been wanting a POTUS to send troops to the Mexican border for many years. I agree with Trump that this is a invasion and a national security issue. With technology and troops I know it is possible to secure the border and I think it is pretty cost effective way to do it.

I remember a incident where U S troops were used in Iraq for what reason? to secure Iraq/Iran border and that made me sick. Think about it ,we had troops across the globe securing another countries border while our own border has been a problem for decades.

I hope that Trump makes a stand right now and sends troops to the border and stops the caravan and not let 1 person cross into the U S. I do not think those actions will hurt him or the {R} party due to most of Americans are fed up with people flooding borders as refugees and the present day immigration policy.

The {D}s would gain nothing on this issue if Trump turned them back. If they go out and whine and cry about the poor refugees it will look like they are more concerned for them then U S citizens. Who is doing more for U S citizens? I say Trump he is keeping people out of the country that do not belong. Your average Joe six pack does not need more competition to be employed and raising his family. And seeing his party having a heart attack and taking action for non citizens I doubt Joe six pack is fired up enough to vote for that party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies